• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stuck with Property... TOP Coming... My Friend wants to Feed Tiger

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a rough calculation, I believe he has to cough out even more than 300k. Nevertheless is it possible to let the Sales and Purchase agreement laspe and lost the deposit of 5% since there is no way your friend can make up the difference. There is still a stamp fee to consider which would works out to more than 50k.
Life not so simple. The developer will sue for completion or bankruptcy. You cannot walk away from these things.

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can just sell the house off. Its a classic example of singaporean who cry poor while they are actually buying things beyong their limit.
My friend say he is poor as he is driving a BMW...haha..

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he was lured in by the deferred payment scheme.... don't think he paid 20% downpayment. More like only 5% downpayment. Those blood-sucking developers were dying for business and came up with this scheme. The bank previously agreed to loan him $900k based on market valuation. But last month the bank informed him that the market valuation of his condo has dropped to $780k and they are only willing to loan him 70%. Die die he must cough out $200k~300k cash to complete his purchase....Siao liao....:(:mad:

he can use his cpf to pay the $200-300k... if he doesn't have that much.. then he deserve to be screwed for jumping in and believing lky's golden period bullshit...

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can just sell the house off. Its a classic example of singaporean who cry poor while they are actually buying things beyong their limit.
My friend say he is poor as he is driving a BMW...haha..

your friend is telling the truth... he is poor because he drove a bmw...:biggrin::biggrin:

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of us not affected by the property crash... we just stand aside and laugh. But this friend of mine... I see him also I 'kek-sim'. Running around talking to friends and jio 'lim-kopi'. During the kopi session, comprain and comprain.... then at the end... ask to borrow money! :mad:

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
The newly built condo next to my house had only 4 owners moved in after 2 months TOP - out of a total of 66 units. Looks like lots of gold-miners got burnt this time round! I dun pity them at all becos when they were making the money, they were laughing as us peasants.Hhahaha LOL.

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think the white tigers want to eat him meh?

They have already shown distaste for certain kind of meat.

Scary thing is that they may only maul your friend's balls now.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Damn pitiful. Dunno whether to lend him $$ or not?:(:confused:

He sounds like a typical Sinkie loser who was trying to keep up appearances despite the fact he couldn't afford to lifestyle he wanted to adopt.

I say let him stew in his own juices. He deserves to suffer.:rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The newly built condo next to my house had only 4 owners moved in after 2 months TOP - out of a total of 66 units. Looks like lots of gold-miners got burnt this time round! I dun pity them at all becos when they were making the money, they were laughing as us peasants.Hhahaha LOL.

Just wondering what development is this. Will it be lelong like the Luma where it is going for almost half price.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than that I think. The developer might go after him to complete the deal.... failing which they might sue his ass off....:mad:

Same case as the FT Canadian guy who was sued bankrupt by those banks for his purchase of his condo unit..:rolleyes:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having kopi with a friend yesterday and had a hard time consoling him. His new condo going TOP soon and needs $$ to pay. His wife has just lost her job recently and the bank only want to loan him 70% of the previously agreed amount. As the day for payment draws near.... he feels like buying a ticket to Mandai Zoo and feed white tiger there....

Maybe it's because he's not my friend but is it wrong for me to have no ounce of sympathy for him?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can use his cpf to pay the $200-300k... if he doesn't have that much.. then he deserve to be screwed for jumping in and believing lky's golden period bullshit...

It is not so easy to have S$200k or S$300k in one's cpf nowadays, with cpf being capped at S$4.5k payable on, the monthly contribution on the OA is slightly less than S$1000, assuming the required amount is S$250k, a person would need to be working for at least 20 years or even 25 years to have that amount. And that is on the assumption that he/she begins with a starting pay of S$4500.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of us not affected by the property crash... we just stand aside and laugh. But this friend of mine... I see him also I 'kek-sim'. Running around talking to friends and jio 'lim-kopi'. During the kopi session, comprain and comprain.... then at the end... ask to borrow money! :mad:

This type of people cannot lend money to one lah.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw buyers start jumping into the bengawon to grab properties during its high time in 2005 & 2006, I can't help laughing at the news because 1997 and 2002 period were vivid in my memory then. Now that these property buyers started to cry woe, I duno whether to pity or to laugh again. I am sure in time to come, people can easily buy landed property for just half a million too.

I still have a few Hello Kitty Properties I want to let go at $5 per fur:p

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having kopi with a friend yesterday and had a hard time consoling him. His new condo going TOP soon and needs $$ to pay. His wife has just lost her job recently and the bank only want to loan him 70% of the previously agreed amount. As the day for payment draws near.... he feels like buying a ticket to Mandai Zoo and feed white tiger there....

Greed is to be blame, let him learn his lesson, one that he will never forget.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

My friend was the reverse. He bought a 3rm flat and keep claiming that since he bought at $222K in Aug, the price is going up till $240K now. Which I find it beyond logic.

Maybe next year will go lower...hee

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

is it them or Sinkieporeans in general are bad accountants? not enough money still want to buy condo? No sympathy for them. yes, feed them to the tigers