• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stuck with Property... TOP Coming... My Friend wants to Feed Tiger

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask your friend to bath first before going to the zoo.

We don't want the very rare white tigers to have stomachach after eating your friend. You can tell when they rather let the tigers kill the guy then to shoot them.

Don't tell me the zoo never conduct 'guard turnout' every morning before the it open everyday meh ?

eh what's wrong??? Kill the tigers for what??????

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it them or Sinkieporeans in general are bad accountants? not enough money still want to buy condo? No sympathy for them. yes, feed them to the tigers

Was glacing through the classified section on Saturday and there was a lot of property asking for S$2000psf and above, especially those, at the development at Marina.

A quick calculation of a place of 1200sqft, would cost S$2.4million for a 99 years leasehold. Or paying rental of S$2000 per month for the next 99 years, that is not considering loan interest.

The more I look at it, we could be better off renting a place instead, at the very least there is no worry of retrenchments or loan to take on.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't lend. Or your will be feeding into property price inflation which is killing those of us, including you, who are spending within our means. Do not help the assholes who spend more than they can, and fuck us all up!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't lend. Or your will be feeding into property price inflation which is killing those of us, including you, who are spending within our means. Do not help the assholes who spend more than they can, and fuck us all up!
Let the pte property price collaspe.

LEt the PAP lose a whole lot of vote and teach them a harsh lesson in humanity in the next coming election !

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having kopi with a friend yesterday and had a hard time consoling him. His new condo going TOP soon and needs $$ to pay. His wife has just lost her job recently and the bank only want to loan him 70% of the previously agreed amount. As the day for payment draws near.... he feels like buying a ticket to Mandai Zoo and feed white tiger there....

Damn pitiful. Dunno whether to lend him $$ or not?:(:confused:

I also got same problem when a friend ask me for friendly loan.. With a friendly smile, I said I had a bad patch with the horses and siammmm !!!:eek:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not so easy to have S$200k or S$300k in one's cpf nowadays, with cpf being capped at S$4.5k payable on, the monthly contribution on the OA is slightly less than S$1000, assuming the required amount is S$250k, a person would need to be working for at least 20 years or even 25 years to have that amount. And that is on the assumption that he/she begins with a starting pay of S$4500.

base on personal experience... i have $400k of cpf and still have a productive career ahead... so it is surprise to me...:confused:

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bank previously agreed to loan him $900k based on market valuation. But last month the bank informed him that the market valuation of his condo has dropped to $780k and they are only willing to loan him 70%. Die die he must cough out $200k~300k cash to complete his purchase....

Siao liao....:(:mad:

KNN, got problem coming up with 200K-300K and yet got the cheek to buy a million dollar property. Don't let me see him in Hong Lim Park KPKB, will make sure he end up in the crocodile farm, this fucker don't deserve to be served by the white tiger.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having kopi with a friend yesterday and had a hard time consoling him. His new condo going TOP soon and needs $$ to pay. His wife has just lost her job recently and the bank only want to loan him 70% of the previously agreed amount. As the day for payment draws near.... he feels like buying a ticket to Mandai Zoo and feed white tiger there....

Damn pitiful. Dunno whether to lend him $$ or not?:(:confused:

PM me leh got lobang like this.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he had bought directly from developer, he should still make a tidy sum by selling it now.

The trouble is buyers know this and in a downturn are not willing to pay more than cost. Think flippers and those who bought from sub-sales, will be worst hit.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Friendly Loans" is an oxymoron.

Just spoke to a friend on the property situation. Understand from him that even his agent has advised him not to sell his property, if he can afford to, as the agent claims that the buyers are asking ridiculously low prices.

Not sure if it is sound advise at this point of time, but he has $$$ to "tong" maybe take loan, but less that 50% of property value.

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw buyers start jumping into the bengawon to grab properties during its high time in 2005 & 2006, I can't help laughing at the news because 1997 and 2002 period were vivid in my memory then. Now that these property buyers started to cry woe, I duno whether to pity or to laugh again. I am sure in time to come, people can easily buy landed property for just half a million too.

That is why history always repeats itself, is because each generation never
learn from the past generation. The economic climate today is completely different from the 60s 70s and 80s. The boom and bust cycles are more acute now, the economic growth chart are more saw-tooth like, if you buy a house during a boom year, high chance of a recession in 2-3 years time

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was glacing through the classified section on Saturday and there was a lot of property asking for S$2000psf and above, especially those, at the development at Marina.

A quick calculation of a place of 1200sqft, would cost S$2.4million for a 99 years leasehold. Or paying rental of S$2000 per month for the next 99 years, that is not considering loan interest.

The more I look at it, we could be better off renting a place instead, at the very least there is no worry of retrenchments or loan to take on.

2.4 million for 99 years??? are you sure or not? who so stupid to buy that?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it's best not to deal with friends when come to loans - difficult to keep the friendship when things turn sour. even with family members and relatives. best leave them alone!

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few of my good frens are from P*#pNex and like to jio me lim kopi or guiness stout at coffeeshop. From our conversation, I gathered that the resale market has dipped and the private condo/house market has completely dried up! One of my high flying property agent fren said he used to close 8~12 deals a month during the boom last 2 years but only managed to close 1 deal in the past 2 months - & thats a HDB 4-rm pigeon hole!!

All my fren 'cry father cry mother' nowadays....:mad:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few of my good frens are from P*#pNex and like to jio me lim kopi or guiness stout at coffeeshop. From our conversation, I gathered that the resale market has dipped and the private condo/house market has completely dried up! One of my high flying property agent fren said he used to close 8~12 deals a month during the boom last 2 years but only managed to close 1 deal in the past 2 months - & thats a HDB 4-rm pigeon hole!!

All my fren 'cry father cry mother' nowadays....:mad:

Your agents friend have made their money during the last 2 years. They had it good while it lasted.

I am sure the next round of good times is coming too, perhaps within the next 3 to 6 months, as the firesale of the century will begin, when property TOP and DPS kicks in. And at a time when banks are not willing to lend much, it will be good times again.