• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times - stop your bullshit

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Andy Ho writes such opiniated pieces on medicine on the basis that he's a qualified doctor.

Anyone knows where he got his medical degree from?

I know he got MBA and PHD from yale and MIT but nothing online about his medical qualifications.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Andy Ho writes such opiniated pieces on medicine on the basis that he's a qualified doctor.

Anyone knows where he got his medical degree from?

I know he got MBA and PHD from yale and MIT but nothing online about his medical qualifications.

Andy Ho's medical articles are excellent materials and they form a good guideline for Singaporeans. He did extensive research and reading before he put down his own opinions which I respect very much. Medicine is a death trap for many and it does not apply equally well to all people from different countries. Ganja and addictive drugs may be acceptable in other countries, but Singapore cannot allow such laxity and freedom.

Andy is a good writer and I think we should thank him for his great and wonderful articles to educate Singaporeans NOT to follow blindly the dictates of other laissez-faire countries and big money-centred pharmaceutical companies who are out to promote their products.

Majulah Andy Ho !! Well done and keep up your wonderful and very educational articles. I fully support you!!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
so why you are here in this SBF, dickhead?

There are more lies than truth here compare to ST?

In SBF it is not a mouthpiece for PAP. in ST it carries all the bad viruses from PAP.

This is totally untrue. You are reading with a wooden splinter in your eyes.
Maybe if you remove it, the ST will be more revealing and more interesting to you.
ST is the best newspaper I've read. Downright frank and honest, totally politically correct and appropriate.
Well done ST!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
so why you are here in this SBF, dickhead?

There are more lies than truth here compare to ST?

In SBF it is not a mouthpiece for PAP. in ST it carries all the bad viruses from PAP.

I am here for the great Fun and Entertainment !!!

Of course you see all the peaheads, shitheads,pigheads and cccby dickheads here in SBF - all emptiness!!!

But I love SBF and I love how these agent provocateurs squeal when I squeeze their tiny seedless testicles despite their gangland mafia controlled turf. Don't you see how these 20 or more of them seedless freaks respond to my posts? They are simply idiots!
Blind, retarded and twisted minds with nothing more than a big vulval mouth and a large loose anal hole with continous diarhoea.
They are simply sub-standard creatures from the creep.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please do not use the official newspaper to spread half-truths and support your government’s policy. Marijuana is NOT physically addictive. Users may develop a liking for it, but nobody ever becomes physically reliant on the herb. I myself have smoked pot on and off from age 17 till early 40s and have not used it for the last four or five years ever since returning to Singapore. I have no strong urge to smoke the weed, but if I were in a place where it was easily accessible and not a social taboo, I just might. I do not have violent criminal tendencies nor desire to break the law. So stop demonizing ganja. Its recreational (and medical) use have been in our Asian cultures for centuries and hemp grows naturally in many tropical and sub-tropical regions.

what is more addictive, marijuana or nicotine ? is cigarettes addictive ? i don't find cigarettes addictive at all but that doesn't mean that cigarettes are not mentally or physically addictive for most smokers. i doubt the opinion that nobody ever becomes physically reliant on the Marijuana herb. what about mentally reliant ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder about people with MBAs and pHds who carry out expensive research and post their reports later based on these reports. Perhaps it is easier to just smoke a joint and see whether it is addictive or not. That's more accurate. So Andy Ho spent years overseas at universities and never smoked pot? I'd encourage him to walk outside his apartment to see and experience society sometimes.

Cheers!

Andy Ho's medical articles are excellent materials and they form a good guideline for Singaporeans. He did extensive research....... Ganja and addictive drugs may be acceptable in other countries,......................

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder about people with MBAs and pHds who carry out expensive research and post their reports later based on these reports. Perhaps it is easier to just smoke a joint and see whether it is addictive or not. That's more accurate. So Andy Ho spent years overseas at universities and never smoked pot? I'd encourage him to walk outside his apartment to see and experience society sometimes.

Cheers!

Andy Ho's target audience is the people of Singapore and the readers. It is not targetted at individuals. So he has to write in such a way as to appeal to the masses.

The individual can do what he likes. He can experiment anything within the law. But writing an article in an esteemed and respectable national paper, you cannot encourage individual to try pot and see for yourself whether it is addictive or not.

No addicts will tell you they are addicts. The man takes a puff. The puff takes another puff. Then the puff takes the man.This principle applies to all potentially addictive enhancements and seemingly innocuous supplements like the " weight reducing drugs" and so on.

So I again support Andy's stand and those journalists like the Chua Sisters and Richare Lim for their very matured, politically balanced and correct articles. You cannot allow your individual bias to influence your articles when these are published for national consumption. Thank you.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nothing is done without a reason. The local mainstream media is a bitch of the PAP govt, and the PAP govt is a bitch of corporate interests, including those of pharmaceutical companies. Big Pharma does not like marijuana, because it'll make various commercial drugs irrelevant, which means less profits.

Andy Ho was just doing what he was told.

43936529363f6ad99a.jpg

like this poster! :biggrin: it is the most accurate depiction of the 154th press in Singapore.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
An article in a publication like the Straits Times becomes the official news, and word. He stated statistics to gear his article that it is proven and true. This is totally misrepresentation of the truth. For over two generations, the population of Singapore has been fed this bullshit, and it is shameful for a globalised city to think that marijuana is addictive. If it is, why then did Colorado legalize it? Why is it so widely accepted in other countries if it is addictive? Why are governments in these countries debating how to legalise it? I am not saying Singapore to go ahead and be permissive in its use, just that the belief that it is addictive is wrong and misguided. And the Straits Times is hugely responsible for this. If Andy Ho doesn't wish to smoke pot, that's his choice, but spreading word that it is addictive is just spreading lies. And the fact that the editors of the Straits Times allow this to be published goes to show the type of mindset they have. Definitely one-track.

Cheers!

Andy Ho's target audience is the people of Singapore and the readers. It is not targetted at individuals. So he has to write in such a way as to appeal to the masses.

The individual can do what he likes. He can experiment anything within the law.....

ilovesinkapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
An article in a publication like the Straits Times becomes the official news, and word. He stated statistics to gear his article that it is proven and true. This is totally misrepresentation of the truth. For over two generations, the population of Singapore has been fed this bullshit, and it is shameful for a globalised city to think that marijuana is addictive. If it is, why then did Colorado legalize it? Why is it so widely accepted in other countries if it is addictive? Why are governments in these countries debating how to legalise it? I am not saying Singapore to go ahead and be permissive in its use, just that the belief that it is addictive is wrong and misguided. And the Straits Times is hugely responsible for this. If Andy Ho doesn't wish to smoke pot, that's his choice, but spreading word that it is addictive is just spreading lies. And the fact that the editors of the Straits Times allow this to be published goes to show the type of mindset they have. Definitely one-track.

Cheers!

ST is for the stoopig 60.1% lah...

Last edited:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

It's okay. Every newspaper in the world has its own policy and its own goals and targets. ST is no different. If you disagree with the article, you can always email to him and gauge his response.

I have read a few articles by the Chua Sisters. Sometimes, I disagreed with what they had written. I emailed to them and stated my opinions. And they were gracious and kind enough to reply to me.

There is no hidden agenda in all the articles that I have read so far. The only hidden agenda is our own bias - IMHO.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Cheers!

Well said. I will add to your points soon.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is totally untrue. You are reading with a wooden splinter in your eyes.
Maybe if you remove it, the ST will be more revealing and more interesting to you.
ST is the best newspaper I've read. Downright frank and honest, totally politically correct and appropriate.
Well done ST!!!

You placed frank, honest and politically correctness in the same line.... Seriously....

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE SHIT TIMES ,a rotten organisation,infested with PAP lackeys and sychophants who sold their souls for money.

ST followed the model of its parent the PAP.
Another body that comprised only of those with no fucking moral compasses, with self serving greed beyond belief, vicious backstabbers with no fucking soul
as anyone with soul just cannot work for that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your suggestion, but I will not waste my time and effort if he is out to prove his point. There will be sources he can produce that will back these addiction claims. There are enough sources from medical institutions since the 50s in support of anti-pot laws then. My stance is to try it for oneself and be your own judge.

Cheers!

.................... If you disagree with the article, you can always email to him and gauge his response.....

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is more addictive, marijuana or nicotine ? is cigarettes addictive ? i don't find cigarettes addictive at all but that doesn't mean that cigarettes are not mentally or physically addictive for most smokers. i doubt the opinion that nobody ever becomes physically reliant on the Marijuana herb. what about mentally reliant ?

You can get addicted to anything that gives you even a slight positive feedback if that is what you crave. Even coming to SBF can be an addiction.