• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times - stop your bullshit

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I refer to the Opinion page, Straits Times dated 13th January 2014.

Dear Straits Times (and Mr. Andy Ho in particular):

Please do not use the official newspaper to spread half-truths and support your government’s policy. Marijuana is NOT physically addictive. Users may develop a liking for it, but nobody ever becomes physically reliant on the herb. I myself have smoked pot on and off from age 17 till early 40s and have not used it for the last four or five years ever since returning to Singapore. I have no strong urge to smoke the weed, but if I were in a place where it was easily accessible and not a social taboo, I just might. I do not have violent criminal tendencies nor desire to break the law. So stop demonizing ganja. Its recreational (and medical) use have been in our Asian cultures for centuries and hemp grows naturally in many tropical and sub-tropical regions.

Colorado and soon other North American states/provinces are yielding to what has been strong public requests for legalization and to prevent the underworld from being the prime benefactors of the commerce in its trade and it might as well be the same for other countries in the world. The reason the black market still exists in Holland is because it is not totally legalised. Demand is still there. If you do not believe me, just walk into any public music concert and take a deep breath.

So Straits Times, I am not writing this to call for its legalization, but just need to air my view where I feel your newspaper is bullshitting crap in what might become official.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing is done without a reason. The local mainstream media is a bitch of the PAP govt, and the PAP govt is a bitch of corporate interests, including those of pharmaceutical companies. Big Pharma does not like marijuana, because it'll make various commercial drugs irrelevant, which means less profits.

Andy Ho was just doing what he was told.

43936529363f6ad99a.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's dangerous. It's the only English paper in Singapore. That makes truthful reporting more critical. If this article were published in Europe or North America, the published would get shit or eggs thrown at its office for printing garbage. Only in Singapore will the newspaper get away with crap like that. The readership are mostly pliantly compliant.

Cheers!

Straits Times is the cancerous organ of pap

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only truthful thing printed in straits times is the date.

you must be a moron - completely undated!

Straits Times is The Best newspaper in this region: brilliant, fair, honest, clarity, politically correct and appropriate!

Well done! LIFE rocks with nothing but The Truth!!!

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you must be a moron - completely undated!

Straits Times is The Best newspaper in this region: brilliant, fair, honest, clarity, politically correct and appropriate!

Well done! LIFE rocks with nothing but The Truth!!!

ST is not even good to wipe your shit with.
ST good only for dogs cats and birds to shit on

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
izzit? kopiuncle, there is a present for you then .... :biggrin:

Straits Times is my window to the world, my window to my mind, my window to the universe!!!

It is the most truthful and the most appropriate newspaper in the world : most trusted and most reliable newspaper of world class standard.

Those who do not read the ST are behaving like ignorant rabid mindless doggies here. Just read their KNNBPCB Threads .All sub-standard and sub-human.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a major English language newspaper, The Straits Times does not have a daily crossword. For me, that is enough reason not to buy the paper. Yes, I do the crosswords everytime I get the chance to.

Cheers!

Straits Times is The Best newspaper in this region:....

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times is my window to the world, my window to my mind, my window to the universe!!!

It is the most truthful and the most appropriate newspaper in the world : most trusted and most reliable newspaper of world class standard.

Those who do not read the ST are behaving like ignorant rabid mindless doggies here. Just read their KNNBPCB Threads .All sub-standard and sub-human.

You do better things to your mind when you stick your head below waterline of unflushed public toilet bowl and shake it about singing muckjula stinkapura to the turds and tissue floating there

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE SHIT TIMES ,a rotten organisation,infested with PAP lackeys and sychophants who sold their souls for money.

This is totally untrue. You are reading with a wooden splinter in your eyes.
Maybe if you remove it, the ST will be more revealing and more interesting to you.
ST is the best newspaper I've read. Downright frank and honest, totally politically correct and appropriate.
Well done ST!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do better things to your mind when you stick your head below waterline of unflushed public toilet bowl and shake it about singing muckjula stinkapura to the turds and tissue floating there

Escher ,you are just like a spoilt brat. Instead of enjoying the GIFT, you simply want to play with the shits!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16809-1383852484-16.gif