• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Still have job?

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I am fired today!!! :(
have been expecting this since middle dec 08. now dont know what to do. :(

any bro same fate as me? expecting to be fired?

Our great PAP government has created alot of jobs available in the education/teaching, healthcare/medical and home team sectors. If you think you are suitable you can try applying.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TS... bros here brought out a few valid points...

1. con men will be out for your money... and not surprise tong hyui koh is now furiously trying to contact you to buy his health products and luncheon meat... haha

2. stay positive... life is good.. and things can only get better...

3. take up a 'service' job for the time being.. it helps to pay the bills while keeping yourself motivated... staying at home can only fry the brain...

and lastly... you are not a fugitive unlike the golden lion.. hahaha.. so live your life a free man...

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Plenty in the same boat. Lots of layoffs announced in the last 2 weeks globally.

Sorry to hear about your situation, do manage your cashflow and cut unnecessary expenditure if any. Weather's been pretty good, try enjoy the simple pleasures of life outdoors.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our great PAP government has created alot of jobs available in the education/teaching, healthcare/medical and home team sectors. If you think you are suitable you can try applying.

Only about 10,000 jobs are offer by the goverment and half of it or only 5000 jobs are added the others 5000 are retired/resign that need to be replace. So don't anyhow bullshit the figure here.
And by March 2009 more than 100,000 will be laid off . The jobs added is less than 10%. By now already more than 30,000 have been confirm laid off.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only about 10,000 jobs are offer by the goverment and half of it or only 5000 jobs are added the others 5000 are retired/resign that need to be replace. So don't anyhow bullshit the figure here.
And by March 2009 more than 100,000 will be laid off . The jobs added is less than 10%. By now already more than 30,000 have been confirm laid off.

Very diffcult times ahead....it will get much worse after CNY. Already companies are gearing for big layoff after that.

Saving for a rainy day comes into play now. How long the rainy day will last is anybody's guess, perhaps at least a good 6 months.

klkang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there, last april I was told company will shut down by July and has been looking for a job since, its now 9 months later and I am still jobless.

I think i have gone thro the 4 stages - denial, anger, acceptance, peace... anyway, luckily I have some cash to keep me and fmaily going.. so if you like someone to talk to PM me...

I think at the end of the day, just keep positive, your heads up, tell yourself that better thing will come along... but never lock yourself into a depressive mode -- its not your fault and there are many more out there who are in worse situation than us... think about those Blangadesjh workers... hmmm

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi there, last april I was told company will shut down by July and has been looking for a job since, its now 9 months later and I am still jobless.

I think i have gone thro the 4 stages - denial, anger, acceptance, peace... anyway, luckily I have some cash to keep me and fmaily going.. so if you like someone to talk to PM me...

I think at the end of the day, just keep positive, your heads up, tell yourself that better thing will come along... but never lock yourself into a depressive mode -- its not your fault and there are many more out there who are in worse situation than us... think about those Blangadesjh workers... hmmm

I should change the phrase "of saving for rainy days" to last for a least 9 months or even to 1 year, looking at klkang experiences.

Frankly, not many people have savings of 3 to 6 months, much less, 9 months or even beyond 1 year. These are exceptionally diffcult times ahead indeed....

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal

yeah bro, i am trying to sort myself out. Hope to find a job soon, but will never trust any company/boss ever!! What a dirty dog eat dog world..... ALL THE BEST

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope to find a job soon, but will never trust any company/boss ever!!
What a dirty dog eat dog world..... ALL THE BEST

Gone with the days when bosses treat you like part of the family.
Nowadays you are just part of the money making machine.
Machine down, out you go.

Be loyal to ur career
and
not to the company.

:o :biggrin: :o

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Point is, What is the things that you never get to do it when you are employed? what the dream and kind of biz idea that you had always dream of doing it but you cant bear to quit your job and do it. well, do it now...u never know what you will get from it.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
but will never trust any company/boss ever!!

some bosses make use of singaporeans for their quota,becareful not to up the wrong boat.i kenna this shit b4.