• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Steel Cage match - Vincent Wijeysingha vs Gilbert Goh

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gilbert Goh:

https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert/posts/10152285489688975

Press release to local and foreign presses and copied to manpower minister Mr Tan Chuan Jin, the Swiss embassy and Filipino embassy as well.

Press release: Online petition to ask MOM to withdraw work permit of Mr Roginald Santos Oloresisimo and stop further foreigner hiring of Swiss restaurant La Fondue 25 Dempsey Road for a year

Dear friends from the press,

We will be drafting out a online petition soon to ask MOM to withdraw the work permit of the offender Mr Roginald Santos Oloresisimo who posted his Filipino-only job advertisement and also to disallow the Swiss restaurant La Fondue to hire any more foreigners for a year.

We felt that these are just penalties for major lapses in the whole hiring process of the restaurant.

Even though the person involved in posting the discriminating advertisement may or may not have the blessing of the restaurant management we felt that he is still guilty of wrongdoing and should be sent back to his own country.

The restaurant also has to bear much of the blame here even though they claim that they didn't know of the advertising plot of their unofficial PR guy. He has posted in at least three other online jobs portal for Filipino-only hiring and if the restaurant really only has Filipinos in the whole crew setup then its even more guilty of employment malpractices.

As Singapore grapples with the complicating issue of the foreign-local hiring processes we need to safeguard ourselves from having one particular nationality forming enclave in a sector or work place. Its bad not only for integration reason but also breed unhealthy sectoral segregation within a particular work area.

Already we have heard of how different nationalities divide themselves while working in major MNCs and only mix with their own kind. Squabbles also occur when benefits are dished out differently to respective nationality.

We hope that MOM will take serious measures to stem out this kind of discriminatory hiring practices - we accept foreigners to work with us but it must be at our terms not theirs!

Strict deterrent measures must now be meted out for such employment offenders...we don't need your investment if you can't even hire a local in your business!

Meanwhile, we ask all Singaporeans not to patronise the Swiss restaurant until all our requests are being acceded to. The boycott still stands...

Gilbert Goh

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vincent Wijeysingha:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/vincent-wijeysingha/fuck-off-back-home-foreigner/678499962167930

As the numbers attending the population rallies at Hong Lim have waned, the temper of racism has increased. There is no doubt that the sentiments expressed by our citizens are fully justified, given the government’s clear preferential treatment of foreigners from higher education to employment, not to mention the widespread perception that foreigners get lighter sentences at court.

Following the third population rally, a petition was set up to sack a foreign employee and ensure he never worked in Singapore again. Shortly after, a report in the papers about a Filipino who would have to go home because his salary no longer put him in a bracket that allowed his employment visa to be extended attracted a significant volume of racist posts online. In the last week, another job advert created a storm because it purported to limit the job to foreign applicants.

This advert, by Ranstad, should not have been subjected to this kind of treatment. To anyone familiar with job adverts, the phrase ‘open to candidates who are not Singaporean Citizens or PR’ has never been intended to mean only foreigners and PRs. It is a way of indicating that the job is also open to non-Singaporeans. It is a global industry standard.

I am fully aware that there is severe discrimination in the employment market. This was not an instance of it.
To those following events in the foreigner debate, you may have noticed that the mood is gradually deteriorating. People are beginning to take views that have no relationship to the real situation. The most preposterous racism is being aired. When I lived in the UK for many years, I noticed a similar trend. It resulted, in later years, in racist assaults and eventually killings. The feeling of being frightened for your safety because of escalating racism, frightened for your security and that of your family, is unpleasant, to say the least.

Those who are serious about contributing to the population debate must begin to take responsibility for what they say and do. The action against Ranstad was misguided and wrong because it made an accusation which was not justified and it stoked further the resentment of Singaporeans already so unhappy with how things are developing. More actions of this kind will, I have no doubt, result in far worse outcomes both for foreigners in Singapore as well as for Singaporeans themselves.

When the first assault against a foreigner occurs, as I have no doubt it will, when a father comes home to his family with a bloody face because his assailant decided to express his racist feelings since he felt that the prevailing sentiment allowed him to do so, who will then say that we have achieved the outcome we seek, that employment discrimination, overcrowding on the trains, preferential treatment in our courts, and selective scholarships have been redressed in favour of citizens.

It is insufficient to repeat that you are not xenophobic or that you are very proud of Jolovan Wham for the work he does with foreigners.You must consider carefully the potential of your actions: whether they help to resolve the problem or simply punish foreigners and give vent to your resentment.

You must develop sufficient insight, become aware of how to craft your campaign, so that government policy can be changed rather than that your atavism be sated.

Targeting individual foreigners in the way you do, while perfectly understandable because of the government’s attitude to foreigners, is no way to get policy changed. What it will do is amplify the insecurity and fear of foreigners, something that any host should, at the very least, not exacerbate. There is no way whatsoever to guarantee that the vitriol being expressed online will, or can, be contained such that basic security for all our people, whether local or foreign, can be ensured.

Unless of course your objective is actually to vent your primal impulses. If that is so, come out and declare yourself: "I hate foreigners and wish harm upon them and their families." Do not shelter beneath the high-minded principle that you love Singapore. One does not love one's own by hating those outside. You should recall that in the many years when job adverts discriminated against older applicants, non-Chinese applicants, or women - discriminatory practices that still exist - we heard nothing from those who now imagine themselves to be crusaders against injustice.

Naturally, I expect this note to attract a ‘pro-foreigner’ accusation. I am not pro-foreigner. I am pro-society. I do not relish the prospect of living in a community that contains such untutored solipsism. Targeting individual foreigners, calling for people to be sacked and never allowed again to work in Singapore and taking a general “fuck off back home, foreigner!” attitude will not achieve the end that you seek. What it will do is build resentment when you should be calming it.

Your resentment and anger will increase the temper of racism rather than resolve the problems we are facing. And it will cause the already deep divisions in our society to deepen. It is juvenile, self-serving and irresponsible. Please use whatever power you have as citizens to try to change policy, not punish those foreigners who are already in our midst and, like it or not, do contribute to our economy and society.
In short, please try and be grown-up about it.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread shows the difference of 2 perspectives. One from a local who has not benefitted from gahmen policies the other someone who earns his living supporting the cause of foreigners. Vinvcent is a left wing bleeding heart liberal asshole n what he is saying is just support fts n have a softly softly approach to fts.

The hiring manager of this fondue crap restaurant is clearly in the wrong. Yet vince supports n defends him. Singapore is down in the dumps due to its open door policy. If the views of locals are xenophobic so be it. If we use these softly left wing bs. We r no better than the pap. Desperate times call for desperate measures. N to left wing bleeding heart liberals anything is xenophobic. So these assholes can go get shafted. Do not fall for these liberal left wing bullshit. It has fucked up Europe n USA n ozland and kiwi land. Singkiland is already there but its up to locals to reclaim their country.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This thread shows the difference of 2 perspectives. One from a local who has not benefitted from gahmen policies the other someone who earns his living supporting the cause of foreigners. Vinvcent is a left wing bleeding heart liberal asshole n what he is saying is just support fts n have a softly softly approach to fts.

When Gilbert was in Aussie land, he certainly benefited from the open door policy there. He is against PAP only because he feels left out in Singapore. Back in Aussie, he supports the government. In fact he once wrote a forum letter urging Singapore to learn from Aussie. I wonder if anyone can dig it out. 2008 or 2009 if I'm not wrong, before the whole campaign against FT thing got started.

The pt is, even though Gilbert may be seen as more in line with the general sentiment, it is actually he who has no concrete ideology and will shift with the wind. Loose cannon like him cannot be trusted too much. Just use him while he is still useful as a force against PAP.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Makes him a good politician. But all in all locals have to stand up to.pap n fts. Sinkieland need not get any worse.

When Gilbert was in Aussie land, he certainly benefited from the open door policy there. He is against PAP only because he feels left out in Singapore. Back in Aussie, he supports the government. In fact he once wrote a forum letter urging Singapore to learn from Aussie. I wonder if anyone can dig it out. 2008 or 2009 if I'm not wrong, before the whole campaign against FT thing got started.

The pt is, even though Gilbert may be seen as more in line with the general sentiment, it is actually he who has no concrete ideology and will shift with the wind. Loose cannon like him cannot be trusted too much. Just use him while he is still useful as a force against PAP.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in commercial kitchens, i've witnessed keystone cops comic moments when you have communication barriers among kitchen staff, and there is no master language and master chef who is in total control. the worst is having tiong cooks working side by side all day in the kitchen heat with mexican cooks, and the master chef is soft, weak and does not impose proper communication and one language. i can understand why pinoy cooks prefer to work with same who speak the same language. going cheap in a gourmet restaurant kitchen is the root cause problem. you get half baked cooks (no pun intended) speaking in tongues, having attitude issues, miscommunicating and not understanding orders and instructions, starting fights, throwing knives, chopping each other into pieces, and functioning like the united nations security council. :biggrin:

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
If steel cage match, My money is on the shorter Botak albeit he Lose out in age.
The lanky one limp wrist how to fight?
However if pillow fight, the lanky Botak may have an advantage as he will be in familiar territory.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am beginning to believe that VW left the SDP because of position differences. SDP, like most of the opposition parties, believes in curbing foreigner entry, whereas VW believes in taking care of the foreigners here although not necessarily inviting more of them into Singapore.

After a while, VW probably felt it disturbed him, along with other issues of difference like a lack of strong position for gays.

Of course, that doesn't mean he resigned on an acrimonious note. That I believe both SDP and VW.

Anyway, this appears to be former SDP vs former NSP.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am beginning to believe that VW left the SDP because of position differences. SDP, like most of the opposition parties, believes in curbing foreigner entry, whereas VW believes in taking care of the foreigners here although not necessarily inviting more of them into Singapore.

After a while, VW probably felt it disturbed him, along with other issues of difference like a lack of strong position for gays.

This was well known for some time. VW's positions only appeal to a small % of voters.

VW can form his own new party with his pals AA, Jolovan and Roy. They will then know the level of support they have.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent have proven himself to be rational and not on the same level as the retarded xenophobic anti-PAP morons. Too bad he alone cannot change the attitude of so many retards

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent looks decent and reliable but why TOC always like to suan him?

624Vincent_1.jpg

Vincent have proven himself to be rational and not on the same level as the retarded xenophobic anti-PAP morons. Too bad he alone cannot change the attitude of so many retards

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

The hiring manager of this fondue crap restaurant is clearly in the wrong. Yet vince supports n defends him. Singapore is down in the dumps due to its open door policy. If the views of locals are xenophobic so be it. If we use these softly left wing bs. We r no better than the pap. Desperate times call for desperate measures. N to left wing bleeding heart liberals anything is xenophobic. So these assholes can go get shafted. Do not fall for these liberal left wing bullshit. It has fucked up Europe n USA n ozland and kiwi land. Singkiland is already there but its up to locals to reclaim their country.

Bottomline is change...Peaceful change. No violence. Thats why WPS is so successful. They only advocate 'slapping the driver' ....not kicking him off the seat. We can change driver in GE2016 in an orderly session. Those who want to paint the opposition as wanting violent change will only scare people to PAP.

D

Deleted member 80916

These exchanges merey are performances, disguising different hidden agendas
Does anyone know - really what is the background of Gilbert ?
Why was and still is,...Gilbert being shunned by the different political parties ?
His Transorg' group - till now, no open accounting reporting.
Why is that hainanese, Patrick Lee - still badmouthing Gilbert so much ?

Vincent,..he still drags, sucks his cigarettes like an addict.
But in public,..he does not smoke

Yet, ..these two's words,...lagi plenty smoke

Guerriero

Alfrescian
Loyal
If steel cage match, My money is on the shorter Botak albeit he Lose out in age.
The lanky one limp wrist how to fight?
However if pillow fight, the lanky Botak may have an advantage as he will be in familiar territory.

I disagreed, The lanky botak will have better stamina as compared to the old botak ... Go 'Lanky Botak' Go ... :biggrin:

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
578GGcry.jpg

GG was hurt so bad that he cried for his Indian man. Looks like GG was really hurt badly this time. Cannot imagine one black botak and one yellow botak going at it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Of course, that doesn't mean he resigned on an acrimonious note. That I believe both SDP and VW.

Anyway, this appears to be former SDP vs former NSP.

SDP used to be the most left wing liberal opposition party, and some key members still hold on to that belief system. However, that's one side they have chosen to hide from the public ever since GE 2011 because they know it is a vote-losing position. I don't see how VW can be satisfied in such an environment. Whether due to differences in opinion or not, I really don't know. All I know is that the more centrist SDP becomes in an effort to win votes, the more the radical left will feel marginalised out of SDP.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All I know is that the more centrist SDP becomes in an effort to win votes, the more the radical left will feel marginalised out of SDP.

Every party in the world except SDP knows that you should not change ideologies like swerving an F1 car. They lost both the cream and the fringe. Only 2 out of 14 CEC members were 2011 candidates.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP used to be the most left wing liberal opposition party, and some key members still hold on to that belief system. However, that's one side they have chosen to hide from the public ever since GE 2011 because they know it is a vote-losing position. I don't see how VW can be satisfied in such an environment. Whether due to differences in opinion or not, I really don't know. All I know is that the more centrist SDP becomes in an effort to win votes, the more the radical left will feel marginalised out of SDP.

I suppose SDP saw the success of WP and knows very well the key towards winning election lies in the middleground and not the extreme left. But they have been rather hesitate to get of their comfort zone for the fear of losing support on the extreme far left. They want to have their cakes and eat it, how is it possible for a party to please everyone?

On another note, I applaud WP's decision to steer clear of the Hong Lim protest. It better they disassociate from people like GG.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose SDP saw the success of WP and knows very well the key towards winning election lies in the middleground and not the extreme left. But they have been rather hesitate to get of their comfort zone for the fear of losing support on the extreme far left. They want to have their cakes and eat it, how is it possible for a party to please everyone?

Correct myself - I don't think there was a large ideological gap between SDP and WP or the other opposition parties.

It was product differentiation and distinguishing themselves through getting into protests and lawsuits. That doesn't mean there was major ideological, opinion or policy proposal differences. The rest i.e. being more vocal or speaking up more was self-invented by themselves and supporters. That's the conclusion.