• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starting the new year jobless!

JadedBeach

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kunta,

Unfortunately in this downcycle, even traditional defensive sectors may not hold up well. We are likely to see large corps (let alone small businesses) collapse. This is no environment for pure determination.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
- Striking on your own....worry funds will dry faster.
- Working for a lower pay ...might not enuff to sustain your family expenditure.
- Looking for jobs with ur current age & skills set...tio pawned by Ah-tiongs younger grads.

No matter how u look at it.....seems like a dead end.
Really jiat lat.

:o :( :o

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello brother

This economic downturn has shown many "true colors" of the society in S'pore. In bad times like this, most firms will and can only think of the easy way out which is downsizing and asking their staffs to leave. It clearly shows that those firms are not really financially strong with insufficient cash flow to tide over such crisis. It also reflects how bad the management has been doing their job to sustain the business.

Asking their staffs to leave for the sake of cost cutting will leave a black mark behind for all those who are still working there. When the economy picks up again, you can bet that the first thing all those staffs have in mind is to search for another firm with better prospect.

Of coz having said that one still need to consider putting food on the table for their family members. Many S'poreans has already committed themselves with housing and car loans. These people will find themselves being locked down to their present job as they won't dare to move around as compared to those who are still single with not much commitments.

if you are still single with no loans to service, you are simply a "freeman". It's a good time to take a short break to reflect about life.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Write a book. You got see how some failures write books to teach people how to succedd after failing meh? Best way to earn money.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are still single with no loans to service, you are simply a "freeman". It's a good time to take a short break to reflect about life.

what u said is so true, i am one of those ppl.
hahaha :smile:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Write a book. You got see how some failures write books to teach people how to succedd after failing meh? Best way to earn money.

about_one99_13.jpg

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before u can write a book...you need a publisher to sponsor for you.

Else, you have to fork out ur own money...at least 5 digits for minimum 1,000 books.

And that is only for printing.
Not including editing, book design & layout.

:o :wink: :o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before u can write a book...you need a publisher to sponsor for you.

Else, you have to fork out ur own money...at least 5 digits for minimum 1,000 books.

And that is only for printing.
Not including editing, book design & layout.

:o :wink: :o

no nid 5 figs la ... mid of 4 figs oso can oredi ... 1 leg kick ... but muz chose correct publisher la ...

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

It is all in the mind !! I learn this the hard way.

If you think that "stay positive", "think positive", "behave rich", and "act positive" are just craps, then they are craps. Why ? Because, your mind tell you so !! If you know how to condition your mind to stay positive, think positive, act positive, behave rich, you will attract a lot of opportunities.

To certain extent, you could also know if the person you are dealing with is a crook, con man, or free loader. Why ? Because of the negative forces that such persons are bringing.

Your mind is a strange mechanism. No money can help to re-condition your mind. I learn it the hard way and it takes years to recon it.

Even the strongest tsunami can't wash away my positive mindset and the intuition to sniff out crooks, con men, and liars.

"Unfortunately in this downcycle, even traditional defensive sectors may not hold up well. We are likely to see large corps (let alone small businesses) collapse."

You really think so ? How come some businesses are still surviving and making money ? Which sector and which industry ? Sorry, I am selfish and I am enjoying it - I do not wish to shaft my own cock into my own arse !! You just have to think harder and more positive

Kunta,

Unfortunately in this downcycle, even traditional defensive sectors may not hold up well. We are likely to see large corps (let alone small businesses) collapse. This is no environment for pure determination.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Set up a consultancy. Hehehehehe then help MIW rename Selegie Road as Selegie Road for USD 5 million. Confirm earn one.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Set up a consultancy. Hehehehehe then help MIW rename Selegie Road as Selegie Road for USD 5 million. Confirm earn one.

tis 1? ... dey wun cum 2 u la ... dey oni go 2 angmo consultancy ... dey rather throw moni 2 angmos dan benefit u local peasants ...

Last edited:

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah you fucking talk cock never use your brain fucktard! He now facing financial difficulties you asked him do business? And at this crisis period? Do what business? See your wife/sister/mother? Wake up your fucking idea and be realistic lah you fucking fucktard!

Bro,

While you are looking around for a job, maybe you would like to look around and see what small business you can do? Study your strength and skill sets to determine how you could use them to set up a small business? Dun under estimate your strength. Rather than listen to other craps like upgrading yourself?

Unlike the moron (link below) tried to con others. He was fired from job and job, and no choice, sign up a 5 years bond with WDA to be a nurse. Attend course for the first 2 years with only allowance - about $900 per month.

If you have to suffer for first 2 years, might as well start your own business, work hard and suffer for the first 2 years. On the 3rd year, you will get your rewards PROVIDED you really work hard for it!! This way, it is better than signing up with WDA.

Here's the link:
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/equalizer888/crap4.jpg

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got laid off by an APN company in December. How many people are lucky enought to be working on Jan 2?

I m still working. In fact i was "promoted".

losing a job is no big deal. that is part of chnage and if you cant handle change, you are not better than PAP in handling social changes.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

While you are looking around for a job, maybe you would like to look around and see what small business you can do? Study your strength and skill sets to determine how you could use them to set up a small business? Dun under estimate your strength. Rather than listen to other craps like upgrading yourself?

Unlike the moron (link below) tried to con others. He was fired from job and job, and no choice, sign up a 5 years bond with WDA to be a nurse. Attend course for the first 2 years with only allowance - about $900 per month.

If you have to suffer for first 2 years, might as well start your own business, work hard and suffer for the first 2 years. On the 3rd year, you will get your rewards PROVIDED you really work hard for it!! This way, it is better than signing up with WDA.

Here's the link:
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/equalizer888/crap4.jpg

Not everyone can do business and so that opinion might be ill adviced than you think.

i would rather suggest he throw his net wilder and at the same time look at other industry and not stick to the one he is use to.

to live on, we must be able to accept change, cannot accept change would mean no way of making a better living.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find being a hawker is a recession proof jobs.

Provided :
1. your food must good to eat.
2. cater for different age group/races.
3. reasonable price.

See how many recessions gone thru, but those successful food stalls
neber kanna hit by the crisis...in fact, more business for hawkers...since
not many ppl can dine in restaurants.

Bside, it is a skill sets where nobody can copy 100%...
and
can pass on to generations and generations...

The only downside is...long working hours...but hey...endure 10yrs,
and you can be financial free....if sianz, just sell the recipe and business away.

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, he is such a pea-brain fucktard who never use his brain to think properly. But can't blame him as his brain only just a pea size. HA HA HA!

Not everyone can do business and so that opinion might be ill adviced than you think.

i would rather suggest he throw his net wilder and at the same time look at other industry and not stick to the one he is use to.

to live on, we must be able to accept change, cannot accept change would mean no way of making a better living.