• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Start Catch Chen Show Mao sacked from being the Workers' Party's (WP) treasurer

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You summed it up well. Like all political parties, all potential candidates I guess will have to go thru this process to see if they are cut out for it. Lots time, patience and hard work.

My impression of CSM over the last 5 years in parliament is that he is too quiet and too nice to PAP, seems like he tries too hard not to offend PAP in his parliament speeches. Frankly I'm disappointed in his performance as an opposition MP.

From what I see, Sylvia is the least afraid to attack PAP in parliament such as her recent speech opposing the contempt of court bill. LTK is next least afraid followed by Pritam. Even Faisal has voiced out against PAP in parliament on Malay issues, but CSM has been very quiet. CSM is a highly qualified lawyer, I was expecting him to be much better at arguing against PAP in parliament than he has shown so far.

I think if CSM has won the leadership of WP, he would lead WP to be a poorer opposition party against PAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets leave it as you believed what you were told. I can accept that.

Gee, you don't get it, do you? You're butt-hurt and you're resorting to cyber-harassment to save face. You forget that's why we chased you out of this forum in the first place, among other reasons. Sorry, but this forum wasn't meant to pander to that needy fragile ego of yours.

I say: All speeches are vetted by LTK, and I stand by my source.

You say: They aren't vetted.

Let the forumers decide (mojito disagrees with you, BTW). The court of public opinion, as you say.

Now bugger off. You're insulting the intelligence of the folks here and disrupting the thread by repeating ad nauseam your point and stalking me. You probably need psychological help, a case of Asperger's perhaps.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lets leave it as you believed what you were told. I can accept that.

Great. You can pester me for all you want, but I have nothing to add:

Let the forumers decide.

Stop hijacking this thread for your personal petty agenda.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about LTK but was told SL may not even contest the next GE. Many in the WP wants her to take over from LTK but she's not keen.

In the event either LTK or SL steps down, Pritam will take over. He's being groomed. And I opine he's a good bet to take the WP forward. Certainly not CSM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be good if Sylvia goes for another term for continuity sake. She has been a solid pillar for WP and people have lots of respect for her. Agree on Pritam.

Not sure about LTK but was told SL may not even contest the next GE. Many in the WP wants her to take over from LTK but she's not keen.

In the event either LTK or SL steps down, Pritam will take over. He's being groomed. And I opine he's a good bet to take the WP forward. Certainly not CSM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either your source or you have no idea of the meaning of "vetted". His maiden speech and all his subsequent speeches bear the same traits - philosophical, conciliatory and as someone else pointed out, it contains motherhood statements. No other WP MP or NCMP writes in this manner. Even Chiam or JBJ do not write in this manner. Its is highly distinct. LTK first language is Mandarin and he certainly cannot write in this manner.

If you give all speeches written by WP MPs and NCMPS over the years in a bundle, most people can pick out his speeches from the rest but I am not sure if they can for the rest of the MPs and NCMPs.

His style is distinct. If your source claims that he is not the author of his speeches in parliament or that speeches have been altered significantly, I will be surprised. I would certainly think that Chen himself would not accept LTK treating him that way and would have walked out and people would respect him for that. You make him out to be a simpleton and a pushover which is not the case.

Great. You can pester me for all you want, but I have nothing to add:

Let the forumers decide.

Stop hijacking this thread for your personal petty agenda.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His style is distinct. If your source claims that he is not the author of his speeches in parliament or that speeches have been altered significantly, I will be surprised. I would certainly think that Chen himself would not accept LTK treating him that way and would have walked out and people would respect him for that. You make him out to be a simpleton and a pushover which is not the case.

I have nothing to add. Stop hijacking the thread.

I say: All the speeches are vetted by LTK, and I stand by my source.

Let the forumers decide.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show Mao can be deputy President to Tan Cheng Bock.

Please don't compare Tan with Chen. Tan has zero international exposure. He is just a GP @ Ama Keng though he lives in Sentosa Cove. Chen is a big time corporate lawyer responsible for one of the world's biggest M&A during his time, but take bus to work.