• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub CHEONG Box dealers got caught ! Users beware

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-takes-two/1097964.html

SINGAPORE: StarHub commenced criminal prosecution against two suspected dealers of illegal set-top boxes.

Shaun Foo Yong Chun, 27, and Daniel Chen Wenqiang, 32, appeared in court on Wednesday to face charges for criminal offences under the Broadcasting Act in connection with the distribution of the illegal set-top boxes.

If convicted, they face a fine of up to S$40,000, or imprisonment of up to three years, or both.

Since early last year, the pay-TV operator has been tracking a syndicate that was distributing flyers for the sale of illegal set-top boxes that claim to be able to unscramble StarHub TV content.

After months of investigation, the importer of these boxes was identified.

In September last year, StarHub, with help from the Police, raided a storage facility which uncovered a few hundred illegal set-top boxes.

In a statement, the operator said: "As part of our continuous efforts to strengthen our network, StarHub recently completed an upgrading exercise migrating our pay TV customers to an enhanced encryption standard, which requires a new security smart card to decrypt our broadcast signals. This renders the illegal set-top boxes ineffective."

It is an offence to sell, import or manufacture illegal set-top boxes.

It is also against the law for consumers to tap into StarHub's network using illegal boxes, with the intention to intercept and receive the content signals without authorisation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore is going digital. If you have an older TV you will have to pay $150 for a new digital tuner. An illegal box costs about the same $.

So Blame the PAP for creating a demand for "upgraders" :biggrin:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to the PAP, the police force is so efficient.

So fucking efficient that they all can hide in ambulances
And I am still writing to kill off the PAP maggots cockroaches

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am watching free EPL / Champion League matches here in China. They have this thingy call statellite TV which is frr to view.
I wonder can it be used in SG ?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am watching free EPL / Champion League matches here in China. They have this thingy call statellite TV which is frr to view.
I wonder can it be used in SG ?

PAP and their organs and running dogs will tell you that is illegal
only when you pay money to them then it is legal

KILL ALL THE FUCKING PAPs
GET YOUR LIFE BACK WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY $$$$$$ TO THOSE FUCKING PAP

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hide my pin hole camera in my pinoy's room and enjoy seeing her DIY, when she orgasm I pretend to enter her room and take my news paperand always end up getting free fook. Watch Mediacock TV show waste time.

If it doesn't work at all, illegal buyers would have sold the illegal sellers to the police. :biggrin:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
break it down into parts and bring it in. Install them on the HDB's roof top, make sure you buy the wireless type, tune you TV set to the same 频道, any program also can. I always watch HK XXX movie eg. 金瓶梅,晚晚要屌你, 我要我要, 一次十玟鸡, 亞爸唔係时, 你娘与我.......超极好睇!!!

.... No ....

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP and their organs and running dogs will tell you that is illegal
only when you pay money to them then it is legal

How true! Always remember what PAP stands for in the consciousness of the majority. Pay and pay; from cradle to grave!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
break it down into parts and bring it in. Install them on the HDB's roof top, make sure you buy the wireless type, tune you TV set to the same 频道, any program also can. I always watch HK XXX movie eg. 金瓶梅,晚晚要屌你, 我要我要, 一次十玟鸡, 亞爸唔係时, 你娘与我.......超极好睇!!!

Satellite is vulnerable to weather conditions like rain. Also very inconvenient because of the size

If you have fibre connection you can use a Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Android,.... to get international TV channels.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Install the small disc type with a movable antena at the covered-watertank on HDB roof top. 20 years ago I installed one of those in my rental house in Jakarta can see all programs live!!!

Satellite is vulnerable to weather conditions like rain. Also very inconvenient because of the size

If you have fibre connection you can use a Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Android,.... to get international TV channels.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Install the small disc type with a movable antena at the covered-watertank on HDB roof top. 20 years ago I installed one of those in my rental house in Jakarta can see all programs live!!!

For home users like Astro, the dishes are smaller because the satellites they are accessing are in the lower orbit. Suspect the same for Indonesia because their target audience are end users
It you want to access the gloabl channels like China you probably need bigger dishes. There is also the problem of scrambling. Many of the paid channels require a descrambler.

Weather is really a problem. When I was in Batam the reception was badly affected when it rained. The biggest con is that it is illegal to own a dish & the hardware whereas it is not an issue if you do it through the internet.