• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sometimes I find it really hard to always hate LKY.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Please watch this video to see how prosperous we already were in 1957.

In 1957, I was shitting into a bucket shared by 50 families that was cleared once every 24 to 48 hours. My bath water was collected by my elder brother from a standpipe 1km down the road. My mum used a charcoal iron and my dad had to pump up the kerosine lamps every night so his kids could do their homework.

Don't come and tell me and the thousands of others around me who lived without running water or electricity how "prosperous" we were because I don't need to watch videos. I have first hand experience.

Thanks to LKY, by 1967, I actually had a tap and an electrical socket in my new home.

By 1970, the gangsters who had extorted thousands of dollars from my uncle who owned a sundry shop were exterminated by the LKY government. The British forces did absolutely nothing to solve this problem. Neither did the Malaysian police between 1963 and 1965.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
without LKY , sinkie will have the same fate as those gypsy..

These fuckers in this forum curse and swear at the very man who is responsible for the comfortable lives they live today. While the PAP may not be perfect, you don't have to travel very far to see how easily Singapore could have ended up like the shit holes you see to the North and South of the Island.

One man made the difference and that man is LKY. He built the solid foundation upon which I built my own life.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually the most important thing is to improve the overall well being of citizens. gangster politics was needed during the early days. without force, many unpopular but effective politics may not be able to implement at all.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
actually the most important thing is to improve the overall well being of citizens. gangster politics was needed during the early days. without force, many unpopular but effective politics may not be able to implement at all.

Before LKY, my family lived in poverty with no running water and no electricity.

10 years after LKY came to power, we had become middle class.

20 years after LKY took office, I was a hot shot in an MNC.

30 years after LKY became PM, the house that I bought for $380,000 was worth $2 million and the SGD had gone from 3.8 ~ 1 USD to 1.4 ~ 1 USD

How can I not be grateful for what LKY has done for me.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Man did some good in the beginning because of peer pressure from the other 1st Gen PAP vanguards.

When they left or were subsequently removed, his true colours began to show.

Fucking God played a sick joke on Singapore when he allowed smear of shit on sole of shoe Lee Kuan Yew to be born.
Fucking God sadistic to the extreme to allow LKY to strut about in Stinkapore.
Turning Stinkapore to be the most miserable country on Earth as evidenced in the recent Gallup polls.
War torn countries and basket case countries have people living there more happy than people in Singapore

LKY and his horde of maggots in white existing only as fucking parasites and cancer cells on Singaporeans

MAY LKY EAT JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX SOON SOON

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not believe that LKY is responsible for all these good things Singaporean enjoy in the 80s. I believe that all these 'good' things should be credited to the old guard especially Goh Keng Swee.

These fuckers in this forum curse and swear at the very man who is responsible for the comfortable lives they live today. While the PAP may not be perfect, you don't have to travel very far to see how easily Singapore could have ended up like the shit holes you see to the North and South of the Island.

One man made the difference and that man is LKY. He built the solid foundation upon which I built my own life.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I do not believe that LKY is responsible for all these good things Singaporean enjoy in the 80s. I believe that all these 'good' things should be credited to the old guard especially Goh Keng Swee.

GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon were all intelligent, capable and dedicated men. However, without LKY to lead them, they would not have made their mark in history.

If you cannot understand why LKY made all the difference, you obviously don't understand what leadership is all about.

You've seen what has happened to Sony without Akio Morita. You're watching first hand how Apple is unravelling without Steve Jobs. Leadership makes or breaks a company or a Nation. The brains are still there but there is nobody to shepherd them in a common direction.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In 1957, I was shitting into a bucket shared by 50 families that was cleared once every 24 to 48 hours. My bath water was collected by my elder brother from a standpipe 1km down the road. My mum used a charcoal iron and my dad had to pump up the kerosine lamps every night so his kids could do their homework.

Don't come and tell me and the thousands of others around me who lived without running water or electricity how "prosperous" we were because I don't need to watch videos. I have first hand experience.

Thanks to LKY, by 1967, I actually had a tap and an electrical socket in my new home.

By 1970, the gangsters who had extorted thousands of dollars from my uncle who owned a sundry shop were exterminated by the LKY government. The British forces did absolutely nothing to solve this problem. Neither did the Malaysian police between 1963 and 1965.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Fortunately, I did not have to live under such conditions except during army training in Taiwan. The bucket toilet was so smelly that rather than use it, I went to the bushes to do it. Better to have a few mosquito bites on my bum than to tolerate that foul smell.

However, I disagree that all these achievements can be attributed to one man. We would have done it in the global trend of modernisation with or without him.

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_housing_in_Singapore):

"The first public housing built were in SIT Estates, usually located just outside the fringe of Downtown Singapore, such as Tiong Bahru in the Bukit Merah area. SIT estates also appeared in Queenstown such as the Princess Margaret Estate where construction began in July 1952. In SIT's early plans for the Estate, the new town planning concept was evident with their plans to build housing estates around a commercial centre.

When the HDB took over in 1960, they fully adopted the new town planning concept on a large scale, building entire towns from scratch in locations all around Singapore. Queenstown thus became the HDB's model of its version of a New Town, and they developed this further in Toa Payoh which was the first town to be built entirely from the ground up by the HDB. ...."

So, public housing for the masses was something that was started by the British colonial administration. Even the new town concept originated with them. The civil servants that did it for the SIT Estates under the British were probably just transferred to the HDB which continued the good work that the British had started. The British couldn't finish what they had started because the colonised wanted independence. Would the PAP have been able to continue the public housing program if the British colonial administration did not leave them large financial reserves with which to do it, similar to what the British did when they left Hong Kong? Would our industrialisation have been so rapid if the retreating British military forces did not leave behind facilities which were the best in the region and could be easily converted to civilian use?

In Hong Kong, the British had more time to finish their good work. Here, public housing started in 1953, about the same time as Singapore and continued right through to 1997. Sure the Hongkies themselves took over and continued with the program after 1997, but did Tung Chee Hwa or any of the other Chief Executives try to claim credit for what the British had started?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_housing_in_Hong_Kong

Those same civil servants who did the SIT estates would have done what they are trained by the British to do, regardless of whether the government of the day was lead by the PAP or the BS.

Can't say anything about the triads, except that any government responsible to its electorate would have done it regardless of whether the majority party is PAP or BS. Besides, LKY alone can't do it, he needs a police force. If we need to thank anybody for the elimination of the triads, it is the police force of the mid to late 60s and its chiefs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leadership is important,,but if GKS were to be PM.,.Singapore will not be in the mess it it now. U talk about leadership,,a real leader would have a proper succession plan and not put his sorry excuse of a son to be PM. His son is totally incompetent but he is PM...a true leader will ensure capable ones take over and not because the successor is his son.

GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon were all intelligent, capable and dedicated men. However, without LKY to lead them, they would not have made their mark in history.

If you cannot understand why LKY made all the difference, you obviously don't understand what leadership is all about.

You've seen what has happened to Sony without Akio Morita. You're watching first hand how Apple is unravelling without Steve Jobs. Leadership makes all the difference.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
However, I disagree that all these achievements can be attributed to one man. We would have done it in the global trend of modernisation with or without him.

I'm sure Singapore would have improved over time without LKY. However, it would have taken much longer and the country would have been a far cry from what it is today.

LKY took me from poverty to comfort in one decade.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HI Asterix..thanks for the background of HDB...that is why I believe that Singapore would be much better off under the British. LKY is a snake that takes credit for other work,,look at Singapore now,,with the old guard gone,,LKY is still around,,if he is as wonderful as people say he is,,how come Singapore is going backwards? the middle class is being destroyed by PAP policies and life is becoming tougher,,look at the incompetence caused by Mah Bow Tan and Wong Cunt Sing...would this have happen under the old guard? these clowns were MPs cos LKY wants yes men around him and his son,,what about Zorro Lim,,why is he a ministar and MP? Does he have the calibre? the list goes on,,,

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He maybe he jerk but...

Whenever I see such situation I always think SGP is blessed by God to give us LKY instead of some corrupt politicians like the leaders of these people, who are living in the most wealthiest part of the continent.

Introducing the ROMA people from Romania.

Slovak%2BRoma%2BCommunities.jpg

Finally after so much pontificating, the real kongsimi appears.

I was wondering how long it would take.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Leadership is important,,but if GKS were to be PM.,.Singapore will not be in the mess it it now. U talk about leadership,,a real leader would have a proper succession plan and not put his sorry excuse of a son to be PM. His son is totally incompetent but he is PM...a true leader will ensure capable ones take over and not because the successor is his son.

I don't see a mess. I see a country that works. If you want to see a mess, come to Auckland. Trains break down every week. Buses run late or not at all because the drivers are on strike. Roads take a month to re-seal. In Singapore, it would be done in 48 hours.

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
what difference does it make if i say i adore lky. can i sue his cronies and send them to jail...???:rolleyes:

I don't see a mess. I see a country that works. If you want to see a mess, come to Auckland. Trains break down every week. Buses run late or not at all because the drivers are on strike. Roads take a month to re-seal. In Singapore, it would be done in 48 hours.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
HI Asterix..thanks for the background of HDB...that is why I believe that Singapore would be much better off under the British.

Are you kidding me!!!! :eek: The colonial rulers were amongst the laziest people on earth. They'd put the Malays to shame. On good days they'd spend half a day at the office. A typical day would probably be not more than a couple of hours of actual work before they retired to the cricket club and the tanglin club where Chinese and dogs were not allowed. Even their low down NAAFI (Britannia Club) for Brit NCOs banned Sinkies from entering.

A cricket match was played over 5 days and started on Wednesday. What does that tell you about the Brit work ethic when it came to running their colonies.

Criticising the PAP is all well and good but when you talk through your arse about things your know absolutely nothing about, your stupidity and ignorance start showing.

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
can you believe it? this is malaysia..what the heck is Najib doing? in singapore this would be unacceptable!!

poor.jpg

poor man like me also can live and get educated in angmo lands..thanks to LKY! :biggrin:

I dunno how can they or will they be able to get out of poverty?

i know all you MOFOs out there trying to create agendas to hate, but I don't think it will work.

because the truth is the the truth.

Last edited: