• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sometimes I find it really hard to always hate LKY.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So there is no breakdowns in mrt. The buses come on time n our public tpt is not over crowded. FYI, in perth in the 90s there was a public tpt strike. But the buses went on schedules etc n theor strike action was not to collect fares. Tat made the commuters happy. Strikes not about not working but its about bringing employers to the negotiating table.

I don't see a mess. I see a country that works. If you want to see a mess, come to Auckland. Trains break down every week. Buses run late or not at all because the drivers are on strike. Roads take a month to re-seal. In Singapore, it would be done in 48 hours.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
can you believe it? this is malaysia..what the heck is Najib doing? in singapore this would be unacceptable!!

poor.jpg

poor man like me also can live and get educated in angmo lands..thanks to LKY! :biggrin:

I dunno how can they or will they be able to get out of poverty?

i know all you MOFOs out there trying to create agendas to hate, but I don't think it will work.

because the truth is the the truth.

i wouldnt mind living in this kampong type of house on weekend/ Ph...especially built near the sea.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He maybe he jerk but...

Whenever I see such situation I always think SGP is blessed by God to give us LKY instead of some corrupt politicians like the leaders of these people, who are living in the most wealthiest part of the continent.

So what exactly is your point? Your GOD or LKY?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He maybe he jerk but...

Whenever I see such situation I always think SGP is blessed by God to give us LKY instead of some corrupt politicians like the leaders of these people, who are living in the most wealthiest part of the continent.

Introducing the ROMA people from Romania.

Why you GOD never bless those people in Romania?

Is the Devil's doing right?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you kidding me!!!! :eek: The colonial rulers were amongst the laziest people on earth. They'd put the Malays to shame. On good days they'd spend half a day at the office. A typical day would probably be not more than a couple of hours of actual work before they retired to the cricket club and the tanglin club where Chinese and dogs were not allowed. Even their low down NAAFI (Britannia Club) for Brit NCOs banned Sinkies from entering.

A cricket match was played over 5 days and started on Wednesday. What does that tell you about the Brit work ethic when it came to running their colonies.

Criticising the PAP is all well and good but when you talk through your arse about things your know absolutely nothing about, your stupidity and ignorance start showing.

Perhaps these "lazy" Brits had read this classic 1932 article by reknown philosopher Bertrand Russell "In Praise of Idleness" in which he advocated that every person should work no more than 4 hours a day and spend the time thus freed in civilised leisure activities.

http://grammar.about.com/od/classicessays/a/praiseidleness.htm

It is far better to work smart than to work hard. Besides, then as now, the best and brightest remained in the home country whereas those that were sent to administer far flung colonies were 2nd or 3rd rate. Also, the Brits did not have enough people to send abroad - one colonial even said that if all the Ah Nehs in India were to spit on the Brits there, they would drown! Hence, they had to master the art of co-opting minorities in their colonies to help them rule the places. In Southeast Asia, the co-opted minority was the King's Chinese - the Babas.

Not saying that lording over the locals was right - just that they could do it "efficiently" by working smart instead of hard. Plus the crucial factor is the superiority of their arms. Some thing brought about by innovation ie. Working smart.

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon were all intelligent, capable and dedicated men. However, without LKY to lead them, they would not have made their mark in history.

If you cannot understand why LKY made all the difference, you obviously don't understand what leadership is all about.

You've seen what has happened to Sony without Akio Morita. You're watching first hand how Apple is unravelling without Steve Jobs. Leadership makes or breaks a company or a Nation. The brains are still there but there is nobody to shepherd them in a common direction.

Fuck you!

Despite having the millstone of smear of shit on sole of shoe Lee Kuan Yew about Singapore neck, Singapore managed to come up largely because of
people like Goh Keng Swee, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon and others.

The way LKY spin doctors go about, everything was due to fucking LKY.
The sun will not rise in the East and rain will not fall and flowers will not bloom but for LKY

Leongsam will still be shtting in a bucket shared by 50 families if not for smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

MAY LKY GO EAT JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX SO0N, VERY VERY SOON

jw5

Loyal
Be careful of those who have inherited or acquired his traits and characteristics.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chow chee bye. lky already expired liaoz. head and brain already short circuit liaoz.

meaning, cannot use liaoz. fuck leongsam the retarded mother fucker who keep talking about the credits but not the damages. if lky good, eberyine good liaoz. chow chee bye leongsam, u think only u this mother fucker financial independant.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without LKY's knuckleduster politics in the early 60s, law and order and stability would not have been achieved and the industrialisation phase would never have come to pass.

LKY had the mongrel in him that no other politician in his team had. The rest were technocrats not leaders. His foes were formidable. The rest of the founding members would never had defeated the BS without his leadership.

Singapore without LKY would have been like Apple computer without Steve J. Wozniak was the brains but it was Jobs that started the revolution.

You give more credit to LKY than he deserves.

He was so egoistic that he was willing to take a bet on the lives of sinkees when he engineered the expulsion of sinkapore from Malaya.

The only credit that LKY rightly deserves was that he sought the expertise of the UN-assigned Dutch economists and implemented their advice (American says 'advise') which led to sinkapore's quick ascension to developed country status.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon were all intelligent, capable and dedicated men. However, without LKY to lead them, they would not have made their mark in history.
If you cannot understand why LKY made all the difference, you obviously don't understand what leadership is all about.
You've seen what has happened to Sony without Akio Morita. You're watching first hand how Apple is unravelling without Steve Jobs. Leadership makes or breaks a company or a Nation. The brains are still there but there is nobody to shepherd them in a common direction.

When leadership is based on an individual, the success he achieved falls apart when he is no longer around. That's irresponsible leadership.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure Singapore would have improved over time without LKY. However, it would have taken much longer and the country would have been a far cry from what it is today.

LKY took me from poverty to comfort in one decade.

Short term gain and now we are paying for that. Isn't that passing the buck to future generations?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can you believe it? this is malaysia..what the heck is Najib doing? in singapore this would be unacceptable!!

poor.jpg

This is one can be considered to be a landed property.. At least he has his own land.. In Sinkie Land this type of land could be worth millions of dollars.. Look at the picture.. There is even a beach behind his house..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see a mess. I see a country that works. If you want to see a mess, come to Auckland. Trains break down every week. Buses run late or not at all because the drivers are on strike. Roads take a month to re-seal. In Singapore, it would be done in 48 hours.

SMRT CEO stated publicly that it will take them FIVE years to resolve the current problems, not 48 hours. And we pay him a million bucks!

Democracy is messy and inefficient. You prefer dictatorial rule while many in the developed world would like their voices heard and freedom to decide their fate. They rather be part of the process and put up with the inefficiency than to be dictated to. After decades of living under a dictator, sinkees can't really fit in a democracy.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He maybe he jerk but...

We can forgive a jerk but we can't forgive someone who after his fun, left sinkapore in the lurch.

LKY's 'achievements' is slowly withering away. His achievements were build on poor foundation. The subsequent generations are bearing the costs of those 'achievements'. And eventually, there won't be a sinkapore ...sinkapore will be a lackey to China or India, to survive.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you kidding me!!!! :eek: The colonial rulers were amongst the laziest people on earth. They'd put the Malays to shame. On good days they'd spend half a day at the office. A typical day would probably be not more than a couple of hours of actual work before they retired to the cricket club and the tanglin club where Chinese and dogs were not allowed. Even their low down NAAFI (Britannia Club) for Brit NCOs banned Sinkies from entering. ......

Are things any better now:confused:

On one side we now have the elites their cronies, the angmos, the FT's.... vs the "lesser mortals.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
these great people have a leader and were willing to work with/for him, that guy is LKY,
have you ever wonder why they were willing to do that?

Goh Keng Swee, Hon Sui Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Ong Pang Boon and others.