• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Someone say if he in WP, he would be MP. GUESS THE POLITICIAN

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=5]Guess who said this:[/h][h=5]
Some people have private msg me that say if I am still in WP since GE 2006, I would have become an MP now. I always tell them, winning as an MP is merely a means to an end. Winning is not everything, serving is. Serving the needs of democratic development for Singapore is the ultimate aim.
[/h]

jw5

Loyal
Aiyah, if he never say private msg, my answer would have been Yaw.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am sorry that as usual, you lack basic comprehension skills which I am not surprised at all. WP people like you are fast becoming PAP-like, only know how to twist other people's words! I didn't say that, someone message me that and you know what, most probably WP members or back room supporters.

Goh Meng Seng

jw5

Loyal
I am sorry that as usual, you lack basic comprehension skills which I am not surprised at all. WP people like you are fast becoming PAP-like, only know how to twist other people's words! I didn't say that, someone message me that and you know what, most probably WP members or back room supporters.

Goh Meng Seng

If your objective was really to serve the needs of democratic development in Singapore, you wouldn't be bashing WP the way you have.
They only have 6 MPs in parliament, and while they may not have been "turning cartwheels or somersaults" to represent the people, they haven't been doing too badly. At least offer some constructive alternatives and criticism or wait until they are closer to having half of the seats, before you bash them like you would a poorly performing government. Or is it them having close to half of the seats precisely what you don't want?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Whoever gets in the way of democratic development, true democratic development, will deserve a wake up call.

WP may have only 6 MPs in parliament right now but just look at the WP people how they behave and act, they are becoming more PAP than PAP right now. True democratic development is not about replacing the known devil with a bigger unknown devil.

Goh Meng Seng

If your objective was really to serve the needs of democratic development in Singapore, you wouldn't be bashing WP the way you have.
They only have 6 MPs in parliament, and while they may not have been "turning cartwheels or somersaults" to represent the people, they haven't been doing too badly. At least offer some constructive alternatives and criticism or wait until they are closer to having half of the seats, before you bash them like you would a poorly performing government. Or is it them having close to half of the seats precisely what you don't want?

jw5

Loyal
Whoever gets in the way of democratic development, true democratic development, will deserve a wake up call.

WP may have only 6 MPs in parliament right now but just look at the WP people how they behave and act, they are becoming more PAP than PAP right now. True democratic development is not about replacing the known devil with a bigger unknown devil.

Goh Meng Seng

With fools like you around, pap will rule for another 10,000 years.
The point of having a strong opposition which eventually becomes the government is so that this so-called unknown devil will realise what the people want and do it, so that they will not become like the known devil. The known devil then becomes the opposition and may even come back as a better and more empathetic known devil.

You can never get it out of your head that it's never about the politicians or the political parties, but about the lives of the ordinary people and what the government can and should do to make these lives better. Who gives a ratass about known or unknown devils?

You want to have a proper debate, let's go to the chatroom now. Tomorrow SG public holiday and I'll be up the whole nite watching europa league football. :p

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The point of having a strong opposition which eventually becomes the government is so that this so-called unknown devil will realise what the people want and do it, so that they will not become like the known devil. The known devil then becomes the opposition and may even come back as a better and more empathetic known devil.

You can never get it out of your head that it's never about the politicians or the political parties, but about the lives of the ordinary people and what the government can and should do to make these lives better. Who gives a ratass about known or unknown devils?

You want to have a proper debate, let's go to the chatroom now. Tomorrow SG public holiday and I'll be up the whole nite watching europa league football. :p

Wa lan eh! jw5 chu kungfu liao! :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Suddenly everyone who disagrees with you is labelled "WP people". I think you lack basic forum decorum. And basic humility too. What is your point of posting it in the first place? To tell the world that people think you are MP material?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think the fools are upon you.

I guess I have made a mistake here by claiming unknown devil. It is another bigger known devil, so to speak. Somehow, I wasn't that surprised that WP Aljunied MPs could come up with such a lousy PAP-like idea of trying to buy YES vote for HDB upgrading using lucky draw...not only did they broke fundamental principle of clean polling but they have abused the system of getting their hands on the namelist of who voted Yes and No, the basic fundamental of secret polling.

Simply by observing what these people do will give you a telling story on how strong their beliefs in democracy.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am sorry it was you who helped to spread my message, right? :wink:

A simple point is made, it is not all about winning a seat. Since you are on this one, why not put up another comment I have put on my FB?

In replying to a FB friend about I should stay on and provide the direction to WP, I replied:

Peter Wang, I have tried and it is not easy at all. As I have said, I have learned very important things, we must start out with the right Values and Principles else we will be wasting our time, maybe our whole lifetime, chasing after something over nothing.

I would rather cut it loose, don't want to be entangled with unnecessary troubles and start afresh. Looking at all the fumbles, tumbles and mistakes WP made right now, I would say that I feel blessed to be out of it. I do not want to lose my sanity and moral compass, just for the sake of "winning" a seat in parliament.

Goh Meng Seng

Suddenly everyone who disagrees with you is labelled "WP people". I think you lack basic forum decorum. And basic humility too. What is your point of posting it in the first place? To tell the world that people think you are MP material?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

An opposition is needed to force the ruling party to reverse its bad policies. Its as plain as that. Across the causeway, Najib is afraid to call elections. Pit holes on the roads that have been there for decades are suddenly being filled up. Infrastructure spending has increased. Why? Because of a strong opposition in Parliament. Anwar's fumblings and Pakatan Raykat's disunity are secondary. Ultimately the result is that the ruling party is forced in a corner.

As you have said, we have only 6 oppo MPs and yet this Goh Meng Seng insist on nitpicking everyone of their faults, exaggerating, pouncing on them at every opportunity. I would like to see him do the same with the PAP. Tell me the last time GMS was "dismayed" at something the PAP did.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is not just that. You don't even need to be elected to effect such pressure.

Every political party will aim to be the ruling party one day but how do we make sure that they deliver exactly what they promised? Especially when one fought on the principles of democracy? By just observing what it did. Action speaks louder than anything, any rhetoric.

Now only the ruling party needs to be pressured, opposition parties that have gone wayward, diverting from the democratic principles, must be constantly reminded or taken to task as well. Or else, leniency will only cultivate complacency and snobbish attitude that will help to "groom" another PAP-like party.

Who will slap the co-driver and the driver when both are asleep? We the back seat passengers lah!

Goh Meng Seng

An opposition is needed to force the ruling party to reverse its bad policies. Its as plain as that. Across the causeway, Najib is afraid to call elections. Pit holes on the roads that have been there for decades are suddenly being filled up. Infrastructure spending has increased. Why? Because of a strong opposition in Parliament. Anwar's fumblings and Pakatan Raykat's disunity are secondary. Ultimately the result is that the ruling party is forced in a corner.

As you have said, we have only 6 oppo MPs and yet this Goh Meng Seng insist on nitpicking everyone of their faults, exaggerating, pouncing on them at every opportunity. I would like to see him do the same with the PAP. Tell me the last time GMS was "dismayed" at something the PAP did.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I would agree with him. There is high level of resentment towards the PAP and WP was working the ground. There is also no need to have all candidates of sterling quality, the rest can ride on the same coat tails similar to the allegations that we make of PAP as that is exactly what the GRC does. WP branding is strong and it has few outstanding candidates.

However no chance if it was SMC.

However after the antics of 2011 GE and blind loyalty towards a donkey called Tan Kin Lian, he is completely out of this game. I doubt he will even be elected to even a committee position in a cheap private recreation club.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not just that. You don't even need to be elected to effect such pressure.

The PAP would love people to believe that. With every seat under your belt, you get to dictate who gets to say what, at what time, and to whom. That was precisely what happened until Anson 1981.

There is no need to effect real change if all the people do is complain but don't vote your parliamentarians out of office. We found that out the hard way in 2006 when there were so many teething issues yet only 2 oppos were elected. We paid the price for the next 5 years, before finally doing the right thing in 2011.

And now you are giving me this bullshit about not needing to be in parliament to effect change?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will never vote for idiots that claim to know about science when the truth is what he knows is shit.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
How on earth do you apply pressure without getting elected? Have you seen the example of Dr Chee? Nice chap championing for Singaporeans, but because he is not elected, he gets persecuted by the courts. If you are elected, the courts will find it harder to tarok you. Basic common sense.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb.

we see oppositions fighting here in forum.

no wonder pap can get 90% of the seats with only 60% of the votes.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS every night goes into his room and sobs loudly, regretting his chance of ever 'serving' the people has been forever lost.

Now the best he can do is to be a sour-grape, bad-mouthing the only vehicle, WP, that can take him to Parliament but no sane Citizens will want an idiot and UFO-spotter there.

Boo-hoo....GMS, loser, lost in battle and life.