• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Social Media] - UK social media celebrity uses her social media followers to get her out of Maldives prison

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
b13ff2f99b222fd10bad005cbeeaaaec

Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo has now been released from an airport detention centre in the Maldives after nine hours – and thanked the UK government for helping her avoid spending Christmas in prison.

The reality star had earlier posted a series of tearful videos on social media, saying immigration officials were not allowing her to travel due to a damaged passport.

But in a later Instagram post on Sunday (December 22), she wrote: "I am typing this having just been released from immigration detention! I can't quite believe it.

"I was genuinely trying to come to terms with spending the next... however long... in an immigration detention centre.

"Thank you so much to everyone who helped me. If I hadn't posted online I would 100% still be stuck without my passport!

"This scares me because it is such a privilege to have a following on social media – people can hear me.

"What if I didn't have a social media following? I can't bear to think of another girl in the situation I found myself in where no one can hear you.

"Extremely grateful that the British government worked with Maldivian representatives. Pushed by the UK press too (so epic thank you!)"

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/toff-bein...e-144800235.html?_guc_consent_skip=1577075737