• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SMRT CEO replacement underway

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extract from Khaw's full speech to Parliament - you do not read between the lines when it comes to leadership. Note the confidence in the newly installed Chairman. "

"SMRT’s new chairman, Mr Seah Moon Ming, who is in fact here today in the public gallery, has publicly stated that his company has zero tolerance for failures in supervision and diligence over maintenance tasks, and will be undertaking a comprehensive audit of maintenance records and practices to uncover any lapses or impropriety. He has also shared that the Board will review the remuneration of its senior management, from the CEO through the relevant chain of command. This is as it should be. I commend the Chairman for taking these steps and for emphasising that it is the responsibility of management to set the right culture of professionalism and excellence. It begins from the top. And if there is poor culture, the CEO is responsible. You set the corporate culture.

At a media conference on Oct 16, 2017, the CEO of SMRT Desmond Kuek commented on some “deep-seated cultural issues” within SMRT. In response to a journalist’s query, he referred to an Organisational Climate Survey done by Towers Watson which found nine in 10 SMRT employees proud of and engaged in their work. On the remaining one in 10 employees, he elaborated on the need to strengthen the level of accountability by supervisors, and the degree of ownership and open reporting by staff.

Let me stress that growing the right culture is the responsibility of everyone – from the top leadership down to the workers. I will look to the SMRT management to set the right tone of professionalism and excellence, to complement the audit systems that are being put in place. This is our Singapore way. Mr Speaker, workers and management are jointly responsible for the success of their enterprise. When we speak of “culture”, we mean the culture of the whole – the values and practices of management, as much as the values and practices of the workers. At the senior level, we set the tone, we share it, and then we see to it that the culture is as we have formulated.

I am certain of the new SMRT chairman’s determination and sincere efforts to transform the culture of SMRT as a whole. He was appointed chairman barely three months ago but I have known him for many years. With the support of management and workers across the organisation, I have faith that he will succeed. Let us help him along. Give him the time and space for him to do the transformation."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ministerial-statement-on-train-tunnel-9382696

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say ranjiao change what ceo means higher pay means commuters pay more. But my uncle say nevermind the delays is good for skivers going to work late and don't need pay fare.
ur unker wanna come work for me... i more interested where the mass sick is losing money and wanna short their shares.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extract from Khaw's full speech to Parliament - you do not read between the lines when it comes to leadership. Note the confidence in the newly installed Chairman. "

I am certain of the new SMRT chairman’s determination and sincere efforts to transform the culture of SMRT as a whole. He was appointed chairman barely three months ago but I have known him for many years. With the support of management and workers across the organisation, I have faith that he will succeed. Let us help him along. Give him the time and space for him to do the transformation."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ministerial-statement-on-train-tunnel-9382696

statement of state collusion... i hope robert mueller investigate the cowdung and drain his cesspool

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seah Moon Ming has a good chance of getting SMRT back on track, if you pardon the pun. he has an engineering background and was also former president of ST Engineering.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont worry about engineering background. in singapore you dont even have to be in charge of multi million $ to b a selected presidence all you need is get certified.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In parliament Khaw described the relationship between LTA and SMRT over last 2 years as "toxic relationship" which in his own words. Which says a lot.

I am told that Desmond could not be touched and the compromise was the removal of LTA CEO and the previous SMRT Chairman. This was a few months ago. After the flood incident, the new Chairman has been given carte blanche and is now overriding the authority of Aunty Ho.

LTA on its part is assembling its own Team of Taiwanese experts paid for by the State and not SMRT.

All this shows how powerful Aunty Ho has been over the last 2 years and her treatment of the cabinet. I am also told that most of the cabinet is behind Khaw in his fight with Aunty Ho.

Seah Moon Ming has a good chance of getting SMRT back on track, if you pardon the pun. he has an engineering background and was also former president of ST Engineering.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am also told that most of the cabinet is behind Khaw in his fight with Aunty Ho.
If he wanted to prevent his outcome like Liu Tuck Ka-Yiu, he has better gain FULL support from his cabinet and should not show face to his boss too. Besides, he will be retiring soon and should just "cheong" all the way against Aunty Ho's greed for more SMRT profit at the xpenses of the commuters.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This woman is unbelievable. Micropolis cost us $630M (figured finally revealed by Parliament by Richard Hu) when the public was initially led to believe it was around $230m. It was acquired in April 1996 and folded in 19 months.

What has not been revealed is that this women bought Mircopolis for $80m and made it a subsidiary of ST. When it began to look bad, she pumped in over half a billion to keep it afloat to save face. It looks she is doing the same thing with SMRT.

If he wanted to prevent his outcome like Liu Tuck Ka-Yiu, he has better gain FULL support from his cabinet and should not show face to his boss too. Besides, he will be retiring soon and should just "cheong" all the way against Aunty Ho's greed for more SMRT profit at the xpenses of the commuters.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
file6xgad6hgrbnk7sx17zq.jpg

smrt-ceo-and-chairman.jpg

"SMRT’s new chairman, Mr Seah Moon Ming, who is in fact here today in the public gallery, has publicly stated that his company has zero tolerance for failures in supervision and diligence over maintenance tasks, and will be undertaking a comprehensive audit of maintenance records and practices to uncover any lapses or impropriety. He has also shared that the Board will review the remuneration of its senior management, from the CEO through the relevant chain of command. This is as it should be. I commend the Chairman for taking these steps and for emphasising that it is the responsibility of management to set the right culture of professionalism and excellence. It begins from the top. And if there is poor culture, the CEO is responsible. You set the corporate culture.

At a media conference on Oct 16, 2017, the CEO of SMRT Desmond Kuek commented on some “deep-seated cultural issues” within SMRT. In response to a journalist’s query, he referred to an Organisational Climate Survey done by Towers Watson which found nine in 10 SMRT employees proud of and engaged in their work. On the remaining one in 10 employees, he elaborated on the need to strengthen the level of accountability by supervisors, and the degree of ownership and open reporting by staff.

Let me stress that growing the right culture is the responsibility of everyone – from the top leadership down to the workers. I will look to the SMRT management to set the right tone of professionalism and excellence, to complement the audit systems that are being put in place. This is our Singapore way. Mr Speaker, workers and management are jointly responsible for the success of their enterprise. When we speak of “culture”, we mean the culture of the whole – the values and practices of management, as much as the values and practices of the workers. At the senior level, we set the tone, we share it, and then we see to it that the culture is as we have formulated.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The CEO look like he was ready to resign after 5 years of drawing millions of dollars acting as puppet CEO. The Chairman look like he felt short-changed taking the blame shortly after joining MRT. Anyway, more million of dollars will pour into his bank account so must pretend to act "Sad" behind the parliament gallery. Both, have Ho Jin holding their balls and ready to be squeezed at her beck-n-call or for being disobedient and whichever way, commuters will still be screwed by all the wayang going on in parliament.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
In parliament Khaw described the relationship between LTA and SMRT over last 2 years as "toxic relationship" which in his own words. Which says a lot.

I am told that Desmond could not be touched and the compromise was the removal of LTA CEO and the previous SMRT Chairman. This was a few months ago. After the flood incident, the new Chairman has been given carte blanche and is now overriding the authority of Aunty Ho.

LTA on its part is assembling its own Team of Taiwanese experts paid for by the State and not SMRT.

All this shows how powerful Aunty Ho has been over the last 2 years and her treatment of the cabinet. I am also told that most of the cabinet is behind Khaw in his fight with Aunty Ho.

/

ceo Desmond should learn a thing or two from new Uber Chief (7 Nov)
CEO Dara Khosrowshahi :

5a020eed3dbef425008b4630.jpg

17758605_1463696113703572_6200663804545009984_o.jpg

/

http://www.businessinsider.sg/uber-dara-khosrowshahi-ends-toe-stepping-practice-2017-11/?r=US&IR=T

Uber’s new CEO says he’s ditching a practice that turned employees into ‘a–holes’

Julie Bort, Business Insider US
November 7, 2017

/

• Uber’s CEO just published a list of new corporate values that employees helped draft in the two months since he took over as CEO. He also mentioned an example of one policy that had to go: Something called “toe stepping” which seemed to encourage employees to behave badly, although Khosrowshahi used a more colorful term to describe that behavior.

It’s been two months since Dara Khosrowshahi began his reign as Uber’s new CEO, and he says after meeting with employees all over the world, he’s now got a handle on the corporate culture. The good, the bad and the ugly.

“It’s also clear that the culture and approach that got Uber where it is today is not what will get us to the next level. As we move from an era of growth at all costs to one of responsible growth, our culture needs to evolve,” he wrote in a LinkedIn post on Tuesday.

Uber asked employees to tell company management what the new norms of corporate culture should be. They did this because Khosrowshahi believes a culture dictated by management never really works.

That’s not entirely true, of course. A corporate culture isn’t invented from the bottom up. Employees do and pursue what they are measured and rewarded for doing and pursuing. If management doesn’t change its formal measurement and reward systems and it doesn’t change the kinds of things managers notice, praise, and informally reward (from shout-outs to bonuses and promotions), then employees won’t change their behavior. That’s true no matter what mottoes are written in giant letters on the cafeteria wall.

That said, Khosrowshahi said he found some obvious bits of the culture that need to be immediately stamped out, including something called “toe-stepping.”

“‘Toe-stepping’ was meant to encourage employees to share their ideas regardless of their seniority or position in the company, but too often it was used [as] an excuse for being an a–hole,” Khosrowshahi wrote.

To create the new corporate culture, some 1,200 employees sent in submission suggestions that were voted on more than 22,000 times, he wrote. Uber followed that up with 20 focus groups.

The final list of Uber’s new norms, shared by Khosrowshahi on LinkedIn, is a pretty standard one that every company says it subscribes to. It includes things like being “customer obsessed,” and “celebrating differences” and “we do the right thing. Period.” That is, no company says its values are the reverse as in “we don’t care about customers” or “we punish differences” (which would be illegal in some cases) or “we tend to do the wrong thing. Oh well.”

To his credit, Khosrowshahi is trying to walk the talk by publishing such progress reports on Uber’s changing culture publicly. He knows he needs to talk publicly about how he’s cleaning up Uber after all the scandals that dominated the company’s reputation throughout 2017. He’s far from done in dealing with the repercussions of those scandals, including being kicked out of London, multiple federal investigations, the lawsuit with Waymo, and so on.

But even in his first couple of months, Uber’s reputation seems to be improving. For instance, Uber was just named the No. 1 startup for job seekers by LinkedIn. And it looks like the #deleteuber campaign that hurt the company so badly at the start of the year has abated, too,Recode reports.