• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT black limo boh seng li...jam up airport taxi stand

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
bloody greedy bitch ceo.....try to con ppl with expensive black limo....but when got no biz ...then purposely jammed up airport taxi stand....WTF!:mad::oIo:

Posted on 26 Oct 2010
No one wants to take expensive black cabs, so they cause jam at airport

no_one_wants_to_take_expensive_black_cabs_so_they_cause_jam-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer concerned was at Changi Airport's Terminal 1 and all the taxi bays were filled with the black limo cabs which cost more. He says this hogging of the taxi bays caused a jam as regular cabs now had no proper place to stop.

Said the STOMPer in his contribution (Oct 26):

"It's about 1am. There was chaos at Changi Airport Terminal 1.

"All the taxi bays were filled with the black limo cabs, which passengers did not want to take as most knew that it would be significantly more expensive than a normal cab.

"As a result of the black SMRT limos hogging the taxi bays, a jam developed.

"Normal taxis had nowhere to stop and had to stop one at a time.

"Passengers waited an average of 45 min for a taxi.

"One of the black limo drivers even went up to the queue to tell unsuspecting tourists that his cab was available.

"When I told him that he should move on since no one was interested, he replied, 'Too bad, you all have to wait then'.

"It was obvious that the black limo blockade at Changi was meant to frustrate passengers into paying more to ride their taxis.

"Once a model of taxi queue efficiency, Changi Airport now looks like a scene at a developing nation.

"With a line of empty cabs that no one wants to take, while a jam that inconveniences passengers greets tourists and returning Singaporeans."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will not take Limo Taxi as it will cost 50% more. Take Hyundai Sonata is good enough.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Time to ask why a supposedly first world transportation system has such a third world approach on such a simple matter as getting taxis to ferry travellers from the airport.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple solution. Make it compulsory to take the cab assigned to you even if it's a black cab. Cannot afford to pay $2.00 extra go to budget terminal.

"Once a model of taxi queue efficiency, Changi Airport now looks like a scene at a developing nation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very simple solution. Make it compulsory to take the cab assigned to you even if it's a black cab. Cannot afford to pay $2.00 extra go to budget terminal.

It's bad enough paying the various taxi surcharges, now you have the black cabs, normal cabs, & what not.

However at 1am there are no trains running. Never been to the budget terminal but understand you need to take a bus to T1/T2 where the train stations located.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't punish consumers. if the limos want to queue with the rest of the cabs, then they should charge the normal fare like rest of the cabs.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think you never take the Limo Cab. Total extra charge is 50%. Let said normal taxi fare is $30 the Limo cab is $45 not $2 different.
If Midnight take cab from Changi to Jurong West for normal cab( Sonata) is about $40++ . If using Limo cab will be $60++ that is big different.:smile:

Merc cab only about 10% different is Ok, but the Chrysler cab is exta 50%.
I offend take cab from Changi I know. Even if company money better save it.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why ban the taxis? Passengers should nto be choosy. Want to save the $2.00 take bus lah.

You obviously do not know anything, the black Chevrolet SMRT taxis, flag down $5.00, midnight charges xx%, this taxi meter jump rate is 30c per 300m, add additional waiting time at lights, traffic jams.

Normal day, $5, plus jump rate, plus wait times, plus $3 plus 30% at peak hours, plus ERP fees , plus CBD chgs etc..

You add up....

When I arrive at the texi queue at Changi Airport, I see the black coloured limousine, I avoid...even the foreign travellers, many of them had been warned avoid...except the dumb ones...

you are rich enough the $2 plus plus plus plus plus...and you get SAWed...:eek:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
willing buyer willing seller... just set up one premium taxi queue..

Agree just set up premium taxi counter. Willing paying passenger is GOOD.
2 counter will be good enough.
I have see many skip the Chrysler cab many time in airport Q. Maybe some 1st time take it may not know. That will be their lesson thinking they getting a good deal. When they arrived saw the fare their jaw will drop drop 3 inch down.
Now we have few range of taxi fare confuse many passenger and tourist.
From cheapest to most expensive
1. Toyota crown
2. Hyundai Sonata
3. MPV/Merc
4. Bloody sucker Chrysler

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why ban the taxis? Passengers should nto be choosy. Want to save the $2.00 take bus lah.

You are either a limo cab driver or have interest in that company. WTF i want to pay so much extra? Even Merc cab dont charge that much

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The black Chryslers were supposed to be exclusive limos for the high net worth travellers. I recall there are special limo service booths at the arrival hall for them.

Why are they eating into the normal taxis' market share now? Are there too many on the road? Or too few high net worth passengers?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In most good airports, limo cabs don't join the taxi queue. There's a limo bay and a limo booth. Passengers interested in limo cabs go to the limo booth to book their limo cabs where there's waiting area with seats for them. Then the limo cabs are called out. Passengers wanting only regular cabs join the regular standing queue.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya, man! ... no moni dun copy ppl take plane! ...

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously do not know anything, the black Chevrolet SMRT taxis, flag down $5.00, midnight charges xx%, this taxi meter jump rate is 30c per 300m, add additional waiting time at lights, traffic jams.

Normal day, $5, plus jump rate, plus wait times, plus $3 plus 30% at peak hours, plus ERP fees , plus CBD chgs etc..

You add up....

When I arrive at the texi queue at Changi Airport, I see the black coloured limousine, I avoid...even the foreign travellers, many of them had been warned avoid...except the dumb ones...

you are rich enough the $2 plus plus plus plus plus...and you get SAWed...:eek:

The 1st time I took Prestige, the taxi driver tell me its $5 flag down, I say ok. Then I see the meter jump, 1 time is not 10cts or 20cts but 30cts. Compared to Merc, actually Merc still more comfortable. Prestige got more legroom.

No more Prestige for me. Can have a better ride for less.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I dun mind the $2.00 extra on top of the usual $2.80 or $3.00 , but the meter jump $0.30 like every 10 secs,
eek.gif
. I once took from tanan merah ferry terminal to bishan after 5pm, the fare ended @ $42.00. Almost got a heart attack. :(

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's bad enough paying the various taxi surcharges, now you have the black cabs, normal cabs, & what not.

However at 1am there are no trains running. Never been to the budget terminal but understand you need to take a bus to T1/T2 where the train stations located.

hi there

1. bro bingo!
2. the budget terminal is a joke.
3. with no public transport such as buses, mrt, individuals have to resort to cab or personal vehicles to get in and out of the budget terminal.
4. yes, this is sheep's world-class transport network.