• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent defaulter!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

Every landlord faces this problem in Singapore, all except those living in Bt Timah estate.

Disagree.

They wanted to serve notice to me. However, when they looked at the pond filled with green moss, they decided not to.:o

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

What talking you?? If the house belong to you, you purchase million dollars, someone went into your house and chase you out... When you report to police and the police side the guy and ask you to move out??? You want the law to be this way???:eek:

agreed. there are b@stards who want a free lunch. usually lazy buggers like this unemployed mother. this is not the first time it has happen. this has nothing to do with pro landlord issue. it is basic civility. it's like eating at a high class restaurant and refusing to paay the bill, Chow kwan people. in HK they would get the triads to teach these @ssholes especially the sons and daughter a lesson. no money, go stay in the dumps. that's why I do not belive in charity anymore. the money you give goes to supporting such @ssholes.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

A friend of mine had a similar problem with a defaulting tenant. From what I remember, he said that he made a police report and, through that, got implicit permission to break the locks and install new locks in his apartment while the tenant's family was away. They were only allowed back into the unit after paying the rent arrears, collected their barang-barang and left.

Would this be the procedure?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Disagree.

They wanted to serve notice to me. However, when they looked at the pond filled with green moss, they decided not to.:o

It is a disgrace, why do you keep such an dirty looking pond, I would get the BCA to issue you a notice. Did you tell them, that you fill the pond with leftover, beers, chiva regals etc.. that is why you have such a lovely mossy pond?? They thrive very well on alcohol.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bitch is a cheat and deserves to be whipped.

The mother is unemployed but has a sense of entitlement in wanting to stay in a bungalow free of charge.

It seems that there are increasing numbers of such unreasonable people around. Total scroungers!

I pity her kids though.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SPF No Horse Run for using Riot Gear on...

Its not an eviction case. For eviction , you need a proper court order and the court sheriff will be there.

The landlords lodged a report of threat or criminal intimidation. Both boys were wanted and barricaded themselves. That is why the Police are there.

Notice the mum is not involved. The daughter must have got violent as well.

A moron in this thread said that he would lock the family inside if he was the landlord. That is a seizable offence. He will be in the slammer before he knows it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its not an eviction case. For eviction , you need a proper court order and the court sheriff will be there.

The landlords lodged a report of threat or criminal intimidation. Both boys were wanted and barricaded themselves. That is why the Police are there.

A moron in this thread said that he would lock the family inside if he was the landlord. That is a seizable offence. He will be in the slammer before he knows it.

jw5

Loyal

Slammer still not so bad.
Your children will be dead before you know it.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sometimes you get good tenants, sometimes you get monsters. That's why my wife had I were reluctant to rent out our spare rooms which would probably net us 8-10k per annum. I'm not a rich guy and this extra money goes a long way when I want to go over to NZ or OZ.

My wife mentioned the lack of privacy but I think that she's worried to come home and find me sleeping with the tenants :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not true. Firstly, most tenancies have a right to re-enter after 14 days. But you cannot lock the family inside the house. The trick is to lock put extra locks when the house is empty.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How come there are cases where the tenants refused to move out and police say they can't do anything as its a contractual dispute?

In this case, criminal intimidation involved. Seizable offence so police intervened.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You need 6 officers to subdue a 17 year old boy , the boy must be a giant :eek:

I think the mata mata were totally incompetent. 3 officers more than enough. "Opponent' isn't Mike Tyson or Hulk Hogan. I opine these mata mata never got into fights while growing up so when faced with hostile situations, completely lost. Mata mata too civilised.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Strange. If my tenants lock themselves inside the house, I will assist them by putting another layer of lock.
See how long they can lock and starve themselves inside the house till they die?

Can splash paint and smash flower pots as part of the package too. If gung-ho, burn down the door.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its one of those things that is not well codified in law.The contract rules, but entering and eviction is two different things. The Police will not intervene until you get a court order. Until then the tenants can sit pretty and you can change the locks a hundred times while they are inside but you still have to give them the key or else it is wrongful confinement.

Not true. Firstly, most tenancies have a right to re-enter after 14 days. But you cannot lock the family inside the house. The trick is to lock put extra locks when the house is empty.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah, people watching mah.

I think the mata mata were totally incompetent. 3 officers more than enough. "Opponent' isn't Mike Tyson or Hulk Hogan. I opine these mata mata never got into fights while growing up so when faced with hostile situations, completely lost. Mata mata too civilised.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what I know, police usually do not handle default of rent. They'll recommend landlords to get a court order. To see the SPF taking action after two months overdue rental is surprising

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right. You may have to post watchers to change the lock when they are out.

It is fairly well settled that if you change the locks when the tenants are out, they have no case against you. Problem is that you cannot throw away their things but you can warehouse it and hand it to them when they demand it.

Its one of those things that is not well codified in law.The contract rules, but entering and eviction is two different things. The Police will not intervene until you get a court order. Until then the tenants can sit pretty and you can change the locks a hundred times while they are inside but you still have to give them the key or else it is wrongful confinement.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree.

The recalcitrants know these well and they will at least have one person in the house at all times. The possession is also also a real nightmare. The warehousing charges can drag and drag.

You are right. You may have to post watchers to change the lock when they are out.

It is fairly well settled that if you change the locks when the tenants are out, they have no case against you. Problem is that you cannot throw away their things but you can warehouse it and hand it to them when they demand it.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From what I know, police usually do not handle default of rent. They'll recommend landlords to get a court order. To see the SPF taking action after two months overdue rental is surprising

Case of criminal intimidation led to police action. Not overdue rental.