• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent defaulter!

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SPF No Horse Run for using Riot Gear on...

Who is going to feed the chicken now?

ylevict4e.jpg

Police officers broke into a rented semi-detached house on Thursday after the tenants - a single mother and her three teenage children
- locked themselves in and refused to assist in investigations over a dispute which arose from unpaid rent. -- PHOTO: SHIN MIN

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

I am a landlord.. but do not have large landed properties... Just rented out my HDB flat!!! This type of family I will not take so long to chase them out... I ever have a tenant which late payment... I went to my house and asked them to move out... If they don't move, I will help them to throw all their belonging out of my house...

Come on... I have monthly installment to pay... If they don't pay me, how I pay my installment... I have a family to feed too...:(

Not that i do not have sympathy for others... If I don't chase them away... They will stay there forever and don't pay rent... Than who sympathy me??:(

You own 2 properties in Singapore and worry about feeding your family? Hmmm...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is ourageous--the family are simple citizens. The SPF never treated Mas Selamat like this

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First they were so proud they arrested the ah long debtor who did not change IC address.....now this.
Poodles have been working OT indeed.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Read how the 154th pressitude defends the police action.

Tenants from hell strike again

June 8, 2013 - 1:25am

Andre Joseph Theng

01aea5a3.jpg

The family has a history of being evicted from houses for not paying the rent.
And the latest case turned violent when the police turned up at their rented Paya Lebar terrace house to look into reports about criminal intimidation at 3.30pm on Thursday.
When the officers knocked on the door, the tenant’s three children locked themselves in.
Singapore Civil Defence Force officers were called in to help the police gain access into the house.
The two-hour stand-off ended with a police officer getting injured and the three youngsters being arrested.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who is going to feed the chicken now?

No need, abang will quietly bring the Ayam to his kawan, to slaughter & most likely the team that broke into the house..is having Pedas Curry Ayam..

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

Question to those who used to be in the force or knows some laws - is it the job of SOF and SCDF to help landlords chase out tenants? Anyway both organizations looked pretty efficient in doing this perhaps they had been well trained in removing tenants.

LOLi believe must get a court order for eviction...

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Strange. If my tenants lock themselves inside the house, I will assist them by putting another layer of lock.
See how long they can lock and starve themselves inside the house till they die?

that's a good one...

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You own 2 properties in Singapore and worry about feeding your family? Hmmm...

Since when did I say I own 2 property?? I rent out my flat legally and stay with my mum in her hdb flat... You say I have to worry or not?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He looks more like kung fu panda. Its probably the incapabilities of our poodles that took 6 of them. If LAPD, one punch from the Mike Tyson's brother will knock this guy out

Let me tell you, the SPF also wish that they can just punch these people like what you say... But they will be charge in court if they did that... Than more people here will start to say other wise again... 1 word they do it this way people have something to say... They do like what you say, punch these people.. More people will have more to say..

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope these are not the reasons these cops join the force for...
Of course we do not know the real reason, but the actions of locking yourself in and putting up a resistance against police breaking in surely show the intelligence (or lack of) of the mother. Just don't try to convince me she is sane.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any of you are landlords here? Especially those that own large landed properties that can earn you huge sums of money. Would you rent to this family?

Absolutely no. All tenants are thoroughly screened based on their financial ability and nature of profession. Nobody wants to deal with dead beat tenants.

This family should be renting a two room hdb rental flat. They are scum of our society and obviously have a sense of entitlement expecting free lodging from landlords.

This entitlement class is always asking for free handouts and more welfare. If we as a society keep giving in to their demands, as we have been lately after the last elections , singapore will be run to the ground.

It's time to relook at our constitution. The one man one vote system is an abject failure. Votes should be tied to the amount of taxes an individual pays.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wish that they can just punch these people like what you say... But they will be charge in court if they did that.....

so much depend on how you write your report mah!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Absolutely no. All tenants are thoroughly screened based on their financial ability and nature of profession. Nobody wants to deal with dead beat tenants.

This family should be renting a two room hdb rental flat. They are scum of our society and obviously have a sense of entitlement expecting free lodging from landlords.

This entitlement class is always asking for free handouts and more welfare. If we as a society keep giving in to their demands, as we have been lately after the last elections , singapore will be run to the ground.

It's time to relook at our constitution. The one man one vote system is an abject failure. Votes should be tied to the amount of taxes an individual pays.
i luve gst, i love singapore, i love pap........kopisai can you come up with more creative nicks for clones? too many you need similar nicks to keep track?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOLi believe must get a court order for eviction...

Yes, and who does the evicting after court order has been obtained? The police...

I don't believe this incident was actually an eviction unless court orders for it are fast to get here. If you threaten and behave like a maniac towards the police you will get arrested. If you resist arrest they will use force. Nothing wrong here.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's a fair statement by shctaw with no indication whether that's good or bad.

I would go further and say that sinkie landlords still cannot fight gahmen.. When they serve you notice to move because they are building a highway through your property , you have to accept whatever compensation and pack up. Even Lky's grandfather at bukit brown also have to move house.
Every landlord faces this problem in Singapore, all except those living in Bt Timah estate.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is most scare the rental agreement framework break down ! Then their economy golden goose will be finish !
Every country will be scared if rental system breaks down. See what happens when CCP broke down the rental system back in 1949?