• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie man got money to call chicken but no money for angpow for friend's wedding.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better for chinese to do Malay wedding. Cheaper, less stressful. You want a wedding banquet but insist on entry fees. Menu also cannot choose.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies just need a good kerb stomp. Their stupid is permanent. Why people expect anythjng from coolie genes i got no idea

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always give $120 even if it's a 5 or 6 star hotel. At most, I don't write my name on the ang pow packet. But I'll tell the groom or bride that I had already passed the ang pow to the reception counter people.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hold the wedding at HDB void deck
You can have the weddings anywhere your budget allows. but dont charge it to invitees. Gifts are voluntary.if cannot afford. No need for weddings as many are doing now and bonk until women no more book value.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always give $120 even if it's a 5 or 6 star hotel. At most, I don't write my name on the ang pow packet. But I'll tell the groom or bride that I had already passed the ang pow to the reception counter people.
This topic very sensitive in this forum leh.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
in this day and age, couples still get conned by these exorbitant 'banquets'?
3 hours after the last dish, no one gives a fuck about your marriage and you are in debt for a long time.......

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why make your guests pay for your wedding dinner ?

Since the bride & groom can unilaterally decide on the budget for their wedding dinner they should also allow their guests to decide whether they want to participate or not.

lookingAtSea

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think that the Sinkie man is not wrong to prioritize that his pleasure first.
But of course if he cannot afford to give the Ang Bao, he should have considered not to go to the weddings.
However that being said, did the hosts of the event indicate that the event costs a monetary damage of SGD300? If not, on what ground is the Sinkie man wrong to give an amount he feel comfortable with; he was INVITED to attend and not that he ordered some food in the restaurant which he is obligated to pay for.