• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie interpol policemen kana cheated by Hanoi taxi driver

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two Singaporean men who are participating in the 80th Interpol General Assembly in Hanoi were cheated by a local taxi driver.

The taxi driver charged them 40 times the normal fee and even stole their cell phone.

According to victims Chen Ang Dani and Than Sha Pen, the driver forced them to pay VND6 million (S$362.85) for a 10km ride which should have cost only VND150,000.

The victims told police that the incident occurred on October 28 when they took a taxi.

The taxi allegedly has a license plate number of BKS 30K-6476 and purportedly belongs to Phu Gia Group, according to VnExpress newswire.

They were driven from Phan Boi Chau Street to Hanoi's National Conference Centre and eventually had to pay US$200 (S$253.74) and S$100.

The men said that after arguing with the driver over the prices, they left behind an iPhone 4 which could not be found.

Hanoi police yesterday announced that they have identified the taxi driver and are hunting for him.

The 80th Interpol General Assembly started in Hanoi on October 31 and is expected to end on November 3.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He..He..He.. Our poodles are not that streetwise after all in a foreign land...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid sinkie police. The Conference centre sure have security and police, should ask them to arrest the taxi driver on the spot.
This type of stupid police with no ball expect then to nab any theft?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Epic fail. Policemen without any streetsmartness.....
2 trained police officers against a taxi driver....it's not as if they were surrounded by a gang...
Awaiting Ram to weigh in with his comments

Last edited:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vietnam is one place where taxi's meters are rigged and the Govt there does nothing. Be careful and ask your Vietnamese hosts which cab company to avoid.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Epic fail. Policemen without any streetsmartness.....
2 trained police officers against a taxi driver....it's not as if they were surrounded by a gang...
Awaiting Ram to weigh in with his comments

I think the poodles are fuckin lucky that the Hanoi cab driver did not dumped them in a gangster infested area..:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vietnamese very dangerous huh?

Their currency also super low. 1000 dong is probably less than 1 sinkee dollar.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
The police so stupid some more going Interpol meeting Kana cheated and lost iPhone. Confirm Sin police forces are only good at takan local when out of singapore no balls

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol our cops are bullshit.. Its easy policing in a small ars country like Singapore where people are afraid of cops even when they are just asking for their I.D + Life is made easy as there are thousands of Paotoh kias wondering around the island with no principal and morals. Fuck them. Anarchy all the way.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a very senior chap got robbed in broad daylight in Washington DC, surely you don't expect his subordinates to fare better. The cab driver probably mistook our cops as uni students! Street-wise? They have a long way to go. Even in S'pore.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Embarrassing

wtynerdpolice.jpg

There's hardly any Bruce Lee type ... besides Ramseth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a very senior chap got robbed in broad daylight in Washington DC, surely you don't expect his subordinates to fare better. The cab driver probably mistook our cops as uni students! Street-wise? They have a long way to go. Even in S'pore.

I doubt they would send junior officers to Hanoi:biggrin: Seniority has it's perks you know:smile:

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
He..He..He.. Our poodles are not that streetwise after all in a foreign land...

These 2 are not police officers........ they are Interpol liasion officers...... they sit in the office all day machiam telephone operators and dun go out on the streets at all........ I think they will get lost if you put them to patrol orchard road dun talk about foreign land :mad:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These 2 are not police officers........ they are Interpol liasion officers...... they sit in the office all day machiam telephone operators and dun go out on the streets at all........ I think they will get lost if you put them to patrol orchard road dun talk about foreign land :mad:

They are not likely to be posted to be liaison officers after HTA trg. They would have done their basic policing duties and investigation round before that.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was chap who was posted to the American Embassy in Singapore as some sort of security expert in the 90s. Through the expat community here he got a job with an American financial institution as the new head of security for the Asia Pacific region. He had an impressive package, black and white bungalow, car etc. On his first trip overseas, he flies to HK for a meeting.

The meeting is in the afternoon and he decides to visit HK's well known tailors to make suits just before that. He puts down his briefcase on the floor and starts to go thru the materials. Within minutes, the briefcase is gone. The briefcase contains his passport and his wallet with all his money.

To cut a long story short, he flew back and got the sack. The expat community heard about it long before he flew back.

Not much of a security expert!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breached two rules of personal safety and preserverance. Never leave your money and passport in your briefcase (or luggage). Never leave your briefcase (or luggage) unattended or unaccounted for. The first rule is to ensure personal safety and convenience of passage in foreign land. The second rule is to ensure someone accountable for your luggage like checked in onto flights and into hotels. There's a third rule. I don't want to talk about it. Very rare and very unforunate if it has to invoked. In any case or rule, I can't believe police officers nowadays, senior or junior, commit comical errors like that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breached two rules of personal safety and preserverance. Never leave your money and passport in your briefcase (or luggage). Never leave your briefcase (or luggage) unattended or unaccounted for. The first rule is to ensure personal safety and convenience of passage in foreign land. The second rule is to ensure someone accountable for your luggage like checked in onto flights and into hotels. There's a third rule. I don't want to talk about it. Very rare and very unforunate if it has to invoked. In any case or rule, I can't believe police officers nowadays, senior or junior, commit comical errors like that.

They are only good in SINgapore, good at 'protecting' the people from the oppositions, & good at 'keeping' a so-called terrorist, safe from us. Other than this, attending an INTERPOL conference, they got cheated. What a joke, you expect these Interpol officers to catch a terrorist mastermind like Carlos the Jackal?? ha ha ha ha

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tang Dynasty Scholarly 'Generals'

200px-Arthur_Percival.jpg
surrender.jpg

They are only good in SINgapore, good at 'protecting' the people from the oppositions, & good at 'keeping' a so-called terrorist, safe from us. Other than this, attending an INTERPOL conference, they got cheated. What a joke, you expect these Interpol officers to catch a terrorist mastermind like Carlos the Jackal?? ha ha ha ha

I had read somewhere regarding scholars who tried to circumvent or make detour by applying for a 武科举考试 champion scholar exam. In the end, it had a derisive revelation. Those scholars that made it to the top were useless generals. They couldn't endure hardship in the field and they loathed to be with those rough men. Most of them gave up and opted for a nice office life - 9 to 5 jobs. I ask you one simple question : who would go to war if the Khitans or the Mongols came near the wall ?

The same here. It's ridiculous. No one has the brain and the brawn.