• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Courtesy Lion mauls FTrash bad behaviour

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S'poreans can be kind and helpful, too
my paper
Mon, Jul 11, 2011

20110711.090855_kindness2.jpg

By Eunice Ang

FED up with reading about ugly Singaporeans?

Had enough of stories about ungracious behaviour being displayed at, say, foodcourts and on MRT trains?

A growing number of people obviously felt so. The last few months have seen more feel-good stories being shared on social-media platforms, as well as reported in newspapers. Last month, blogger LeeLee Lim and her three friends, known as EL, YS and EK, wanted to disprove the allegation that Singaporeans have abandoned social graces in the pursuit of material success.

The four were inspired by the 2010 European documentary film, Living Without Money, which focused on a 68-year-old German woman who stopped using money about 15 years ago.

On June 21, they embarked on a social experiment. They approached four eating places individually for free meals, saying they had no money. The four places were Soup Restaurant at AMK Hub, a McDonald's outlet in Ang Mo Kio Central, a Ya Kun Kaya Toast outlet and a kway chap stall at a hawker centre. It is not known where the latter two are located.

All four women got free meals. At Soup Restaurant, which Ms Lim visited, she was surprised when the waitress told her not to worry about payment and to "enjoy your meal" after she brought her a bowl of soup noodles.

At McDonald's, a manager gave YS a cheeseburger and a glass of iced lemon tea. Ya Kun staff gave EL a kaya toast and a cup of coffee while the kway chap hawker gave EK enough food to feed four people.

The four returned to the food joints the next day to pay for their food but their attempts to pay were declined.

Ms Lim, who posted a write-up of their experience on a price-comparison website, blog.lobangclub.com, told my paper yesterday she was "quite touched" by the generosity shown.

"After conducting the experiment, I realise there are kind people in Singapore," she said.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just take a bowl and go to some hawker to beg...

if zha bor...wear skimply...sure can get at least 5 dollars - enuff to buy a meal.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NB those women must have carried LV or Chanel bags. If a man goes in with a tee and jeans to ask for a free meal, sure have the dogs being released on him.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

One night, I went to PRC opened restaurant ..... but forgot to bring wallet.

I asked prc waitress whether can pay later, she said can and cooked me her abalone.