• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Bu selling prawn mee: stop complaining my $4 prawn mee is sexpensive!!!!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
And it's one hawker centre that you can order a look, sit down and smoke as there are two big smoking area with tables and chairs.

Nowadays where to find smoking hawker centres ... Probably none except Tekka Market. :biggrin:
Toa Payoh Lorong 8 hawker center/market can smoke too. The row of tables on the fringe.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Important is the food must be nice. Then it's worth my trip, plus the two bowls of $10 each that I will order for myself. And the many packets for my village. :biggrin: Besides, I haven't been there for a while.
Good stalls are the Malay stall selling Nasi Lemak Lontong MeeSiam in mornings, and Mee Rebus in late morning and Satay too. The satay is really very good stuff.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Then the duck rice ... The old traditional type where the gravy is watery and not fucking starchy. 5hey were from the old market before Merchant Court build their hotel.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good stalls are the Malay stall selling Nasi Lemak Lontong MeeSiam in mornings, and Mee Rebus in late morning and Satay too. The satay is really very good stuff.

I seldom go Teka mkt. Maybe should go tere and try the meesiam tere. May just drop by ur meimei prawn mee stall. Just say Hi to her...regards from Ah Meng.:thumbsup:

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will try her prawn mee if goes tekka market. $4 for prawn mee is the norm nowadays at coffeshops, even in hawker centres...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Roti prata there are 2 stalls. I find it so so. but Mutton Briyani by the Indians are good stuff!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Then there is a new cheekon rice store called Jack Chicken. Old man and wife sells white cheekon. Cheap and good stuff. He is one of those disciples of the cheekon rice master..

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
There's another prawn noodle store called Jasmine Prawn Noodle. They used to be around race course road and reCently moved to Tekka. Not bad as well if you like a darker soup type of prawn noodle.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's another prawn noodle store called Jasmine Prawn Noodle. They used to be around race course road and reCently moved to Tekka. Not bad as well if you like a darker soup type of prawn noodle.

Important is....is she as chio as ur darling prawn noodle stall?:laugh:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The Power Chendol from ABC market recently opened a stall at Tekka too. So no need to go all the way to ABC Market to eat the Power Chendol. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If you like Min Chiang Kueh, there's a lady selling it near the Malay Satay stall.. it's good too. :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you like Min Chiang Kueh, there's a lady selling it near the Malay Satay stall.. it's good too. :biggrin:

My favourite. In Indon they call it Mutabak.

I love rice cake. Pink colour and inside filled with glutinous rice. Very difficult to get halal one. Only certain branch at OCK available.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
My favourite. In Indon they call it Mutabak.
The two roti prata stall only so so. That's why I dare not order Murtabak from them.

If I want to eat Murtabak, I always go to Serangoon gardens RK Eating house. That one got standard. :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The two roti prata stall only so so. That's why I dare not order Murtabak from them.

If I want to eat Murtabak, I always go to Serangoon gardens RK Eating house. That one got standard. :biggrin:

I still prefer Zam Zam restaurant for the Murtabak.