• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel told me: Even if I entered a 2 yrs contract with them.....

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel told me: Even if I entered a 2 yrs contract with them, it doesn't mean they will provide me Internet Connection!
Submitted by Charlene9010 on November 18, 2011 - 2:42am

I'm a singtel broadband user for 2 years, in february 2011, i renewed my contract again.

Since September this year, i've been experiencing a lot of intermitten internet disconnection problem.

Sometimes, it's so bad that i could not re-connect and has to wait till the following day. My job is heavily dependant on internet connection at home.

I've called in Singtel a couple of times over the past 3 months, and has been going through all the troubleshooting with them.

They've sent 4 batches of technicians and senior technicians down to troubleshoot the problem, changing 3 routers over 2 weeks.

This has caused me so much inconvenience monetary losses over the few months.

The last senior technician who came down said he could diagnose 5000 over error on my connection and said that wireless connection is unstable when there's a wall in between the router and the computer. He said i should use wired connection, but i asked him, in this case, why should i applied for wireless connection then? it wouldn't serve my purpose. After checking my house cables, he concludes that my telephone cable in my house is faulty.

Of course i agree that my 10 year-old cables might be a little old, but why of sudden the connection deteriorate so fast? And when I signed the 2 years renewal contract, the technicians coming to my house to install the router did not spot such problems?

Of course, i raised it up to the Singtel technical department manager, KEVIN, he replied saying they do not check on such things and even if i entered a 2 years contract with them, it does not mean that they promise to provide me with internet connection.

Then i thought, what contract did i signed then?

I felt it was a very irresponsible answer from them, being one of the pioneers in telecommunication industry in Singapore.

I raised this issue at their facebook page, and their social media personnel, Ibrahim followed up on the issue. He said he would get them to help me with the problem, but there's no response from them for 2 days, until i was very frustrated and lodge another complaint. To my astonishment, Ibrahim gave me a similar answer. He suggested to re-wire my cables at home, but when i asked him if after re-wiring , i'll have stable internet connection. I really don't mind having some problems maybe like once every 3 or 4 months, with solutions over 1 or 2 days, but i've been encountering this problem almost every 2 days for nearing 3 months! And Ibrahim told me, that Singtel do not provide ANY assurance that after damaging my furnitures, after all t the hassle of re-wiring in my house, that i would get a stable internet connection. They would still demand penalty from me if i want to terminate my contract.

I am really frustrate about this, and i wonder if any of u faced such internet connection problem, or got any irresponsible and ridiculous response from Singtel when u seek help from them. I hope all could voice out together, and get ourselves heard.

Thank you.

http://www.tnp.sg/forum/singtel-tol...ract-them-it-doesnt-mean-they-will-provide-me

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of all the broadband service providers - Stinktel is the worst.

their wireless connection is the most useless & unreliable.

and the faulty telephone line is mostly to blame. How can older gen copper wiring provide broadband svc? and all the old telephone wires are buried in walls, ceilings, subject to erosion /corrosion / infestation by rats / lizards...confirm will go sort.

none of the telcos provide good service, just which one is worse and less worse.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
break the contract and sign up with a new provider.. isn't that simple???? Why sinkie need to think so much... oh yeah..a coward usually thinks a lot before any actions has to be taken.. almost forgot about that part.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chao Chebye Sinktel... I'm having the same problems back in my home.. Internet connections very erratic.. Sometimes my Internet connection will be down for at least 15 mins.. The worst will be 30 mins.. I already fucked them up countless times over the phone.. Just 2 weeks ago i sent back my additional Mio box and told them I wanted to terminate the additional Mio box in my bedroom but I would like to retain the main Mio box in my living room so that I can continue watchin the weekly BPL games.. But that Cb Sinktel gal got my instructions wrongly and she terminated the whole Mio connection in my house.. Did not get to see the BPL games during the weekend...:mad: :( Stupid fucktards..:mad: :mad: Just fucked them up yesterday.. Sinktel manager apologised to me and they would make a thorough investigations about the error on their part..

Fuck You Sinktel.. Your CCB Mio Products Sucks Big Time.. If Not Because of The Premier League, I would not Have Bothered to Subscribe To Your Fucked Up Mio.. Fuck You All Bastards At Sinktel.. Ptuii..!!!

:mad: :oIo: :mad: :oIo:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of all the broadband service providers - Stinktel is the worst.

their wireless connection is the most useless & unreliable.

and the faulty telephone line is mostly to blame. How can older gen copper wiring provide broadband svc? and all the old telephone wires are buried in walls, ceilings, subject to erosion /corrosion / infestation by rats / lizards...confirm will go sort.

none of the telcos provide good service, just which one is worse and less worse.

I remember someone boasting about how in Spore wiring is buried to keep thing neat & tidy. Unfortunately it makes it difficult to update all those buried cables.

In Canada, they have a neater solution. The cables are under the pavements & these pavements can be removed without any re-digging :eek: I'm really surprised that nobody in the gov't has done this:confused:

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised as there is plenty of foreign cheap labor available & money to be made by cronies:rolleyes:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chao Chebye Sinktel... I'm having the same problems back in my home.. Internet connections very erratic.. Sometimes my Internet connection will be down for at least 15 mins.. The worst will be 30 mins.. I already fucked them up countless times over the phone.. Just 2 weeks ago i sent back my additional Mio box and told them I wanted to terminate the additional Mio box in my bedroom but I would like to retain the main Mio box in my living room so that I can continue watchin the weekly BPL games.. But that Cb Sinktel gal got my instructions wrongly and she terminated the whole Mio connection in my house.. Did not get to see the BPL games during the weekend...:mad: :( Stupid fucktards..:mad: :mad: Just fucked them up yesterday.. Sinktel manager apologised to me and they would make a thorough investigations about the error on their part..

Fuck You Sinktel.. Your CCB Mio Products Sucks Big Time.. If Not Because of The Premier League, I would not Have Bothered to Subscribe To Your Fucked Up Mio.. Fuck You All Bastards At Sinktel.. Ptuii..!!!

:mad: :oIo: :mad: :oIo:

precisely, becos of BPL they got us by our balls via the MIO right?

Other than BPL, MIO TV is like Chinatown, bland & nothing to offer.

technically, the infrastructure is not up to the mark for transmitting the TV signals via telephone lines. You try channel surf on MIO and the fuck thing will hang

to restart takes 5 - 10 min. KNN, PCC also can cum faster.

and fucking Singtel has henceforth spoil the market for BPL...it will go higher and higher.

I now wonder if Euro 2012 will be equally expensive..or it will fall under the new ruling - both Stinktel & Shithub have to share.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot to do with the 'Contract' mentality. They know you LL because of the contract even if their service sucks.

In the past, I only signed up the initial contract (normally 12-24 months) and do not renew subsequent contract. The telesales will keep calling me to renew contract with nice promotions blah blah blah. Same for SCV and broadband services.

Bought all my phones without contracts so that it is easier to terminate if the service is lousy.

Don't renew the contracts even if there are many goodies. You probably get better service from them.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
precisely, becos of BPL they got us by our balls via the MIO right?

Other than BPL, MIO TV is like Chinatown, bland & nothing to offer.

technically, the infrastructure is not up to the mark for transmitting the TV signals via telephone lines. You try channel surf on MIO and the fuck thing will hang

to restart takes 5 - 10 min. KNN, PCC also can cum faster.

and fucking Singtel has henceforth spoil the market for BPL...it will go higher and higher.

now wonder if Euro 2012 will be equally expensive..or it will fall under the new ruling - both Stinktel & Shithub have to share.

Agree with you Red.. Went to to this neighbourhood electrical store at Tampines last Saturday.. Got myself a TV aerial antenna for less than 40 bucks.. Guy there told me the this TV antenna can get Indonesian programmes easily.. Went back home and fixed it with the help of my wife.. Sure enough, I can received Indon programmes clearly on my TV.. The best thing is that they showed live BPL games on their national TV.. I'm satisfied enough with it even if they did their pre games previews in Bahasa which of course I don't understand.. I will fuckin well terminate my Mio TV and just retain my home Internet connection.. Fucked Up Mio.. Boring TV channels.. Their channels sucks big time.. No Discovery Channel, No National Geograhic, History Channel and BBC.. Fuckin Cb Mio full of Indians movies, Indian programmes.. Ptuii..!!!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if Singtel broadband is good. But judging by the shit that I'm getting from miotv, one can safely surmise that singtel broadband won't be much better either. :smile:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot to do with the 'Contract' mentality. They know you LL because of the contract even if their service sucks.

In the past, I only signed up the initial contract (normally 12-24 months) and do not renew subsequent contract. The telesales will keep calling me to renew contract with nice promotions blah blah blah. Same for SCV and broadband services.

Bought all my phones without contracts so that it is easier to terminate if the service is lousy.

Don't renew the contracts even if there are many goodies. You probably get better service from them.

But I've no such problems with starhub leh. I've been a customer of theirs for close to 10 years. No problems at all. Fuck singtel! :mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if Singtel broadband is good. But judging by the shit that I'm getting from miotv, one can safely surmise that singtel broadband won't be much better either. :smile:

I can attest that Singtel broadband is fucked up.

I used to have wireless ...connection will intermittenly break off....even if the router is just beside my notebook. I have a torrid time esp playing online games (eg: Battlefield)

Then recently, I gave in to sign Mio & broadband, the fucking problems with Mio i already wrote in my post below.

connection, sometimes will be on, sometimes my PC will have to connect again - and apparently for no fucking reason, no connection.

Got to cold reboot my PC....CCB.

I used to have Shithub - cable, not perfect of cse. At least connection is always there - but the only down point, the speed varies...cos they say, depending on how many people tapping on the tube.

so, no perfect scenerio even though we have one of the highest internet subscription fees in the region.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I can attest that Singtel broadband is fucked up.

I used to have wireless ...connection will intermittenly break off....even if the router is just beside my notebook. I have a torrid time esp playing online games (eg: Battlefield)
Not sure if Singtel broadband is good. But judging by the shit that I'm getting from miotv, one can safely surmise that singtel broadband won't be much better either.

I have not encounter any problems using Singtel broadband with my own router for many years. Until I decided to upgrade to Singtel MIO for an extra $2 per month ( no epl ), and then is hell. :mad:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just recall that the fucking pinoys they employ kept pestering me to sign up for their fibre broadband package. :rolleyes:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wiring in the house dont casue so much problem becos its consealed. If you are living in HDB, you probably will find a telephone line socket beside your door way in the public area and normally it is the culprit that caused the line to be intermitten due to the years accumulation of dust and moisture and also due to ah neh painted the thing over and over again for the past long long year. Just ask stingtel to remove the socket and connect direct to your phone line will solve the problem. The above solved my problem but dont know will solve yours...no harm trying....