• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingTel iPhone Price Plans is out - anyone getting the iphone?

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to bash Iphone but... If u gonna cough out so much moni 2 buy 1.... Better to checkout dis problems other posted 1st...

i got the info from my frenz regarding the battery life......haven't use it so i won't know the truth......but the reviews of the iphone has been more on the negative side though.......i wouldn't b getting it even if i have the spare cash.....

xtrocious

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro ms u correct...not worth it... :wink:
mp3s and their pc/laptop is good and acceptable but a no no no for this iphone...:p
$800plus and top up abit more $$$ can get me OMNIA!!!!!! { iphone beater?? } :biggrin:

Yah, no need to wait for iPhone...

I have been using HTC Touch Cruise since April - very good

Paid S$498 for me on recontract with StarHub

My wife has been on OMNIA since July - no complaints either

She paid S$398 for hers on switching her line to SingTel...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Presently, I bought a Nokia symbian phone for the first time. It came with GPS, WiFi, Podcast, Audio Books, Radio, MP3 Player, Camera, Network Access, Push Mail, Oxford Dictionary with Audio, Wikipedia, Document Editing, PDF, Book Reader, Picture Uploading, Sync with Server and Calendar. One up for Nokia!

BTW I owned 3 iPods... and now I know what I'm missing after using Nokia.

Looks like you expect an iPod to to serve as a PDA , which it isn't, iPod are primarily MPEG3 players.

Wouldn't be surprise if future iPods become more PDA like. Apple is rumoured to be working on devices that use the ATOM processor.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Apple label it a phone... Ppl immediately compare it with other mobile phone in the mktg... Lidat seow leow... Much lesser functions n the technical know how still not ready 2 chellenge those mobile phone giants yet... Shd hav mktg it as a MP3 player... 1st MP3 player in the world with mobile phone features build in... Lidat we compare it with Creative Zen instead...and say wow!! :biggrin::biggrin: Guess Steve Job is too greedy n ambitious... :p:biggrin:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
they (apple) just want to make something...
they got a powerful brand so anything
they make now will like certainly hit the market...
even if pebbles along beach can be make into mp3s , it will still bring in $$ :wink:

.....Guess Steve Job is too greedy n ambitious... :p:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My phone has blue tooth 2 with A2D2 function which means it can stream music to my blue tooth headset. Very good. Only down side is have to charge everyday, to prevent it from running out of batt power half way but overall still not bad.

I own the w910 and connecting with a wire may not be good, i dunno since its been super long i listened to it that way.

I stream it thru to my blue tooth ear piece which has that 2mm jack thing so the music has great bass too since the ear phones they provided is damn good too. :biggrin:

Saves me from needing to carry an mp3 player and a phone. Also it ensures i do not miss any calls if i do not hear my ring tone, since it stops playing music obviously when a call comes in.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
even if pebbles along beach can be make into mp3s , it will still bring in $$ :wink:

Time 4 a change leow... 2 products we like to see serious contender r the stoopid MS Window and Ipod. :biggrin::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u know samsung omnia has all the bells and whistles and has same number or maybe more functions than n95.

yet some ppl say samsung phones dun last long????

anyway when it comes to electronics i belief functions should take precedence over brand name, prestige.

so i find buying that ex vertu phone ptless cos i heard it costs thousands but lacks many functions.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so i find buying that ex vertu phone ptless cos i heard it costs thousands but lacks many functions.

Dish 1 abit different... It's an icon... Not all richman 1 2 show off or distinguish themselves with common man but for those who do... Not much Ah Beng can or willing to pay USD300K for a phone either...:biggrin::biggrin:

Of course the 5k 1 maybe still can lah...:wink:

vertu_constellation_1.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dish 1 abit different... It's an icon... Not all richman 1 2 show off or distinguish themselves with common man but for those who do... Not much Ah Beng can or willing to pay USD300K for a phone either...:biggrin::biggrin:

Of course the 5k 1 maybe still can lah...:wink:

vertu_constellation_1.jpg

Yeah a status symbol. :biggrin: Yet u know its a phone not a car, so its quite difficult to show off.

Anyway i know the fabulously rich can afford all these types of things so they dun really care. I mean what else are they going to do with all that excess money?:biggrin:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya la...excess $ like noting to them..
try compared this vertu with the bungalow($30million or more) they stay in...seems like small change from a loose side pocket :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No lah, Apple is not like Creative or Microsoft.

Steve Jobs put a stop to T-shirts, pens, watches, mugs, etc with Apple logo sold at the Apple factory store in Singapore. He is very particular to the quality & products that bear the Apple logo. Those T-shirts must be approved by him or his people.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No lah, Apple is not like Creative or Microsoft.

Steve Jobs put a stop to T-shirts, pens, watches, mugs, etc with Apple logo sold at the Apple factory store in Singapore. He is very particular to the quality & products that bear the Apple logo. Those T-shirts must be approved by him or his people.

Not bad, he sure knows how to protect and qualified his brand. No wonder he is such a success.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, Apple is not like Creative or Microsoft..

for me all the same...the 3 names above already recognised liao...
like that creative will start touring asia's hot beach and collecting pebbles...
once get the right one (cute cute and small small one) , u can see pebbles with a built in mp3 :biggrin: :biggrin: