• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingTel iPhone Price Plans is out - anyone getting the iphone?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im not buying it. itz expensive.

futhermore, mostly i use hp to make phone calls n sms. dun tink i will pay that kind of money for the other functions im not using/dun need.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
the iphone price in US is US199 (S$300 approx ) for 8GB and US299 (S$450 approx ) for 16GB..

singtel is selling ( for the cheapest subscription and to be contracted for 2 years ) S$700 for 8GB and S$850 for 16GB...

not only the f&*&king singtel want earn from the iphone sales, they also wanna contract u for 2 years.. i tot they should be subsidising if they want to tie u with contract?? :confused:

bloodsuckers... :eek:

they got monopoly so can any how

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO WAY!!! I will be stupid to buy d iphone fm Singtel at such exorbitant price! Singtel is making double from selling this iphone. One bro here has already given d price of d iphone in d US, so we can see how much money they are making.

And today news has it tat Singtel will give u d iphone for free if u sign a 2 years plan of $205 per month. Absolutely crazy! if u work tat out it amount to $4,920! Stupid right?? You might as well buy a no-contract iphone. You might as well fly to US for a holiday n then buy d iphone there. Lets c how many stupid Singaporean do we have in town. :biggrin:

Kenshinng

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was shocked at their pricing too when i saw the plans... 200+ for a hp plan that isn't even a corporate plan? it sucks man!

deuter

i gotta agree wif bros here... on d pricing n dat it actually doesnt MMS or video call?
i'm surprised really... itz a 3G fone n those 2 r like bare minimums for a fone nowadayz also...
but overall... pricings r juz simply exorbitant n crazy...

jhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's overhyped. My friend here has one and we were comparing the main key features with the Nokia N95. The only thing cool about the iphone was the touch screen. If you want to pretend you have an iphone, just put your itouch to your ear and talk loudly into it.

These days, Apple is just coming up with new stuff that's just unfinished products. Only Apple fanatics (read idiots who don't know where the on switch is) and students still think its cool and some kind of fashion statement.
Apple had only one solid product that was head and shoulders over everyone else, and that was their OS. Somehow, it kind of made Steve Jobs God.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
apple mp3s and macs are good....gave them ratings of 8/10 :p
but this iphone cant make it la... :eek:
my honest rating is 4/10 (4 because of their stylo touch screen and apps) :wink:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that apple is selling the iphone as a lifestyle product (ie: must get one)

It doesn't matter how crappy the handset is. There will still be fanatics who die die must get.

Personally, I dumped the phone after using it for 3 months. Other than the touch screen interface? Everything else is crap. :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hav a N81 and when i compare the SQ of mine with a Iphone... The N81 sound better... (on same earphone and music file) and the owner of the Iphone agree with me...:biggrin::p

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that apple is selling the iphone as a lifestyle product (ie: must get one)

It doesn't matter how crappy the handset is. There will still be fanatics who die die must get.

Personally, I dumped the phone after using it for 3 months. Other than the touch screen interface? Everything else is crap. :biggrin:

yes , correct. Apple brand is an icon which this Job Stevens guy has very cleverly marketed as a way of life for the americans. just like starbucks coffee, every morning must drink. similarly, apple gadgets are indispensible.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you look at what AT&T is charging in the US, price for the iPhone is reasonable.

Surprised people are blaming Apple for what Singtel is doing for the exorbitant prices. Apple prices are of course higher, but Singtel obviously going for the kill.

I am not surprised at Singtel's pricing. They have a monopoly, so they are taking advantage lah. GLC got higher overheads what?

Probably cheaper to get one from HK they are more competitive

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
the iphone price in US is US199 (S$300 approx ) for 8GB and US299 (S$450 approx ) for 16GB..

singtel is selling ( for the cheapest subscription and to be contracted for 2 years ) S$700 for 8GB and S$850 for 16GB...

not only the f&*&king singtel want earn from the iphone sales, they also wanna contract u for 2 years.. i tot they should be subsidising if they want to tie u with contract?? :confused:

bloodsuckers... :eek:

Singtel is basically suffocating the market with such prices. Even the plans here in Australia ain't that expensive- besides Telstra.