• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Single Singapore man struggling to survive in Singapore

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not if one was forced into it by family debts and feels compelled enough to do it for the family. Working 2-3 jobs, giving tuition, running errands for others. All this was all in a days work back then, worked without time off for CNY as well as all the major holidays for years as i worked OT or sold stuff in the factory. Folks back in secondary school even thought i was loaded but they had no idea.

Some people are trapped in their situation and I would call it a psychological impairment. No advice is good enough as his mind is closed. From his letter, it is easy to arrive at this conclusion.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wouldn't one be better off in the kampung/jungles hunting snakes and squirrles than eeking out an existence in the city on $800/mth?
if not, kampung temasek will be better.

you can't go around hunting for wild animals forever as they like you will go extinct. subsistence farming is better than hunting critters.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can't go around hunting for wild animals forever as they like you will go extinct. subsistence farming is better than hunting critters.

there are many wild animals to hunt. when there are no more squirrels, we can hunt bats.

its hard to be a farmer now when seed banks are controlled by MNCs.