• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporean family migrated to Sydney and regretted the move

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Krafty, pls do the U turn. Your love for Singapore says that u should never
2 things that are a must when migrating: deep pockets and a deep desire to leave the perceived hell hole you are in...I think TS with his love for SPH should be missing both criterias..
It's not a hell hole for the loser, he just loves Singapore, that's why he's reading the news profusely. He misses home. So sad. I donno why he left in the 1st place.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Krafty, pls do the U turn. Your love for Singapore says that u should never

It's not a hell hole for the loser, he just loves Singapore, that's why he's reading the news profusely. He misses home. So sad. I donno why he left in the 1st place.
Actually nothing to b sad about, one thing less spoken in this forum is the soo called migrated singkies who love the pap. There are many overseas. When they hear anti pap talk they get angry n give others a talk down. When overseas I do believe in an open mind. See the good n the bad of singkieland. But for such ppl who love pap tat much. Why bother to even leave?

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
After one has lived on both side of the world, you will know how good PAP is
Actually nothing to b sad about, one thing less spoken in this forum is the soo called migrated singkies who love the pap. There are many overseas. When they hear anti pap talk they get angry n give others a talk down. When overseas I do believe in an open mind. See the good n the bad of singkieland. But for such ppl who love pap tat much. Why bother to even leave?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After one has lived on both side of the world, you will know how good PAP is
it's true. after dining in 3-star michelin restaurants and drinking too much sexpensive fine wine in napa and paying an incredible amount of money to watch a game in sillycon valley, i realize these can becum very sian and miss the humble and frugal life in sg. pap truly brings sinkie lives down to (dirt and) earth.
1577054796077.png

1577054898989.png

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's true. after dining in 3-star michelin restaurants and drinking too much sexpensive fine wine in napa and paying an incredible amount of money to watch a game in sillycon valley, i realize these can becum very sian and miss the humble and frugal life in sg. pap truly brings sinkie lives down to (dirt and) earth.
View attachment 69113
View attachment 69114
Well said...singkie land bestest...pap bestest...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is interesting to note that native animal like koala bears move slowly.

Look closely at the native Ozzies they too move slowly like the koala bears, and sleepy most of the time...

Why?

If u live too long in a fume infested country with native trees emtting fume all day long, even human rights started to move like koala bears in Australia. ... slowly slowly and more slowly.... and sleepy...

Go figure out which trees emtting fumes in Australia....

See how the abo performing their slow slow native dance...

Last edited:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be very worry about wild fire in Napa valley and mass shooting in the stadium.. If I were you, I will be begging PAP to let me come back for good..

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i been living in Australia 10 years and already became Australian and renounced my singapore citisenship and collected my hard earn CPF money(6 years ago).

thru my own experince is not all can able to adapt to the new country and there many reason why many end up after afew years pack their bags and went back to singpore.
some of the reason is:

1. lost of job couldnt find job after many months and ran out of money
2. cannot get used to the culture
3. parent is very ill back in sg
4. miss the food back in sg
5. PR cant be renewed because some reason
6. cannot adapt to the weather here

when we 1st moved to Melbourne in our hand we have left $1000 (after we paid the Australia PR and air ticket one way) and that is the only money we left. we even sold our hdb flat 1 week before we left for Australia that mean die die we have to make it work because there no coming back.
with that $1000 we need to book a motel and after few days my dear wife went for job interview and we lucky she got a job and could start the following week.
with so little money left i still remember we buy some groceries we cant even afford to buy a 15cent plastic bag and had to hand carry everything with our bare hand.
end up had to borrow money from relative from sg.

what i trying to say is u dont have to be rich to migrate but if u got alot of saving it is good and it will help and make your journey smooth because u have to start a new life in another country. sadly fo us we come from a poor family so have to struggle for the 1st 3 years.

we can see our life changes much better after we settle down like owning our own house and slowly we plan to have a baby (which i dont dare to have baby in singapore because cant afford to feed another mouth and i as a mailroom cum despatch and dear wife a nurse)

i been a full time daddy ever since my baby was born and i had to quit my job in the hospital now my daughter already 6 year old :smile:
and the life here is very relax to me everyday is a blessing i get to see my daughter grow and do some gardenning and if i am board i love to go the window shopping or go to Bunning.

after 10 years we manage to own 2 landed property one we living in it and the other one we rent it out.
we are not rich but enough for us to put food on the table and goes twice a year holiday or 2 weeks cruise if no relatives comes to our humble house.

so to those who thinking of migrating my humble advice is have a good plan and have saving and the most important is dont give up!
if i can i am very sure u can too!!!!!

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's a fallacy, you don't need deep pockets to migrate. So many of my friends and family have done it. and they don'thave deep pockets.

if gotdeep pocket (saving) is good because it will help to smooth the journey because everything is start from the begining and need to use alot of money. for me come from a poor family we had to struggling because no money (saving finish after paying the PR and Airticket)

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is want to stay small not think big...

Many highly talented migrants cannot get to the top jobs be os racist whites cam only get top jobs....

Many talented goes back to Asia where to rise to rop job is better than sex with white girls...

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anywhere you can long drive and be outdoors. Only aussies can do that?
Australia is a huge country last time when i was still working in the city (hospital) it took me 1hr 15min drive to work and same thing when going home.
at 1st i not used to it after awhile i am ok with it and it became a norm. so 1hr drive is consider very normal. i got a neighbor he had to drive 2 hrs to work :smile:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
i been living in Australia 10 years and already became Australian and renounced my singapore citisenship and collected my hard earn CPF money(6 years ago).

thru my own experince is not all can able to adapt to the new country and there many reason why many end up after afew years pack their bags and went back to singpore.
some of the reason is:

1. lost of job couldnt find job after many months and ran out of money
2. cannot get used to the culture
3. parent is very ill back in sg
4. miss the food back in sg
5. PR cant be renewed because some reason
6. cannot adapt to the weather here

when we 1st moved to Melbourne in our hand we have left $1000 (after we paid the Australia PR and air ticket one way) and that is the only money we left. we even sold our hdb flat 1 week before we left for Australia that mean die die we have to make it work because there no coming back.
with that $1000 we need to book a motel and after few days my dear wife went for job interview and we lucky she got a job and could start the following week.
with so little money left i still remember we buy some groceries we cant even afford to buy a 15cent plastic bag and had to hand carry everything with our bare hand.
end up had to borrow money from relative from sg.

what i trying to say is u dont have to be rich to migrate but if u got alot of saving it is good and it will help and make your journey smooth because u have to start a new life in another country. sadly fo us we come from a poor family so have to struggle for the 1st 3 years.

we can see our life changes much better after we settle down like owning our own house and slowly we plan to have a baby (which i dont dare to have baby in singapore because cant afford to feed another mouth and i as a mailroom cum despatch and dear wife a nurse)

i been a full time daddy ever since my baby was born and i had to quit my job in the hospital now my daughter already 6 year old :smile:
and the life here is very relax to me everyday is a blessing i get to see my daughter grow and do some gardenning and if i am board i love to go the window shopping or go to Bunning.

after 10 years we manage to own 2 landed property one we living in it and the other one we rent it out.
we are not rich but enough for us to put food on the table and goes twice a year holiday or 2 weeks cruise if no relatives comes to our humble house.

so to those who thinking of migrating my humble advice is have a good plan and have saving and the most important is dont give up!
if i can i am very sure u can too!!!!!
Finally someone who clarifies that deep pockets is important...oh and those without deep pockets can always join the military