• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim is now the new owner of Spanish club Valencia

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
many sinkies like myself do not know PL, but im sure many will cheer for him, hope he'll inject some real soccer passion back into this game :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many sinkies like myself do not know PL, but im sure many will cheer for him, hope he'll inject some real soccer passion back into this game :smile:
sinkies wil cheer valencia juz bcoz iz owned by him? ...

spain nid him 2 inject passion in2 soccer? ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies wil cheer valencia juz bcoz iz owned by him? ...

spain nid him 2 inject passion in2 soccer? ...

Only dumbfuck patriots will cheer on a team simply because a Singaporean owns the football club. :rolleyes:

If you've supported Valencia before, you'll keep supporting it.

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only dumbfuck patriots will cheer on a team simply because a Singaporean owns the football club. :rolleyes:

If you've supported Valencia before, you'll keep supporting it.

Another type of supporters are the fair weather type.

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck if he thinks this will make more Sinkies watch Valencia or La Liga!!

you already answered your own question.
PL is an investor; his is solely a business decision made with the blessings from his partners...
if he interested in sinkies football...he would have be in the FAS by now....

sinkies only pay thru their noses and watch expensive 2nd rated soccer, something which
you can pay peanuts to do the same in thailand, Vietnam, malaysia

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
peter lim is my inspiration, please dun say him like that. son of a fishmonger and worked as pat-time waiter and taxi driver, what he has done, i have also done before...:o

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun aim too much, a mil for me, i will be contented...

btw i am not hot pot, if you want claypot, can go beach road hawker ctr, the claypot at basement is a must try...:biggrin:

Hail the future billionaire krafty hotpot ..... salute salute

sammyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does a dumbfuck ex-cop like you know about doing business? You can keep your snarky jibes to yourself, imbecile. :rolleyes:

People as rich or even richer than Peter Lim had made mistakes with their respective football clubs, some of which are supported by us.

I wish Peter Lim all the success in La Liga. But it will not be easy as the league is dominated financially by the two El Clasico teams.

Even if he were to lose money, he will still be filthy rich. Both Real Madrid n barca will be top 4 so there's 2 more CL spots up for grab. It will not be so easy if he were to buy so some epl teams that's out of the top 4 or 5 brackets. Man city n Chelsea are bankrolled by tycoons with very deep pockets. Arsenal, Man U n Liverpool are definitely up there goin by tradition.

PL in his lifetimes know many tycoons, which I bet will be interested n will bankrolled the club behind the scene. His other projects itself will cover the loses incurred if any during its early days.
So for me, it will be no issue for him even if he were to lose money on this. Investor won't make profits on all their investment, there will be bad ones. Athletico had proven that with d right coach n dedicated players, breaking the monopoly if Real Madrid n barca is possible.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if he were to lose money, he will still be filthy rich. Both Real Madrid n barca will be top 4 so there's 2 more CL spots up for grab. It will not be so easy if he were to buy so some epl teams that's out of the top 4 or 5 brackets. Man city n Chelsea are bankrolled by tycoons with very deep pockets. Arsenal, Man U n Liverpool are definitely up there goin by tradition.

PL in his lifetimes know many tycoons, which I bet will be interested n will bankrolled the club behind the scene. His other projects itself will cover the loses incurred if any during its early days.
So for me, it will be no issue for him even if he were to lose money on this. Investor won't make profits on all their investment, there will be bad ones. Athletico had proven that with d right coach n dedicated players, breaking the monopoly if Real Madrid n barca is possible.

that doesnt make sense doesnt it?thats like Temasek saying oh even if we throw away a few billions here and there,we would still be filthy rich....its so funny hearing soccer and sports fans trying to project their soccer analysis onto the business and investment world....

know many tycoons?even if he knows many tycoons which idiot will be dumb enough to invest in a football club?theres like a billion companies out there and a gazillion industries and u want to invest in a football club?i like to see u idiots bring up this idea on the dragons den,oh we need a few million investment,we gonna turn a football club around....and see how they laugh u off the set.jesus less than 10% of the clubs are profitable,we talking about major clubs with hundred million dollar budgets...even if ur shit club climbs up a whole bunch of ranking it would still be bleeding money out the ass.roman ambro has already lost more than 2 billion dollars in chealsea....now that one muthafarking sinkhole.

Last edited:

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Story of the moral : No top talents will want to join your club if u don't qualify for CL.

Forget about signing those 'has been' hitting their 30s, who are past their prime and have played in every major competitions and won every trophies, Ronaldo included. After his La Decima project with Los Blancos and if they succeed, his will go for the money and likely to semi retire in the MLS or A-League as Marquee striker joining other veterans there.

:eek:

sammyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
that doesnt make sense doesnt it?thats like Temasek saying oh even if we throw away a few billions here and there,we would still be filthy rich....its so funny hearing soccer and sports fans trying to project their soccer analysis onto the business and investment world....

know many tycoons?even if he knows many tycoons which idiot will be dumb enough to invest in a football club?theres like a billion companies out there and a gazillion industries and u want to invest in a football club?i like to see u idiots bring up this idea on the dragons den,oh we need a few million investment,we gonna turn a football club around....and see how they laugh u off the set.jesus less than 10% of the clubs are profitable,we talking about major clubs with hundred million dollar budgets...even if ur shit club climbs up a whole bunch of ranking it would still be bleeding money out the ass.roman ambro has already lost more than 2 billion dollars in chealsea....now that one muthafarking sinkhole.

by anology yes,,,,but ask yourself,,,who owned Temasek?? N whos money is PL pumping for this project??

Im sure PL know theres billion companies n gazillion industries out there...no need to even go into that.

read my previous post carefully...im not saying he will definately make money....i said even if he were to lose money, i guess its nothiing for him...he will still be filthy rich ..but for common ppl..thats huge money.

We shd not be too overly critical of what he does.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter Lim is soley the head.

you already answered your own question.
PL is an investor; his is solely a business decision made with the blessings from his partners...
if he interested in sinkies football...he would have be in the FAS by now....

sinkies only pay thru their noses and watch expensive 2nd rated soccer, something which
you can pay peanuts to do the same in thailand, Vietnam, malaysia

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is truly my idol, someone i wish i can call "bro" :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lim

Peter Lim Eng Hock (Chinese: 林榮福; pinyin: Lín Róngfú; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lîm Êng-hok; born 1953) is a Singapore businessman and investor. In July 2010, Forbes magazine rated eighth amongst Singapore's 40 richest people with an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion.[2] In March 2010, he was tied for #655 amongst the world's billionaires, with an estimated net worth of $1.5 billion.[1]

Contents [hide]
1 Biography
2 Sports investments
2.1 Football
2.2 Motorsports
3 References
4 External links
Biography[edit]
The son of a fishmonger, Peter Lim was educated at the Raffles Institution and obtained a degree in accountancy at the University of Western Australia. Singapore's Sunday Times described him as "publicity shy" and supporting education without seeking the spotlight, having worked as a cab driver, a cook and a waiter during his university days.[3][4]

Lim became a stockbroker for mainly Indonesian clients. His successful returns earned him the nickname "Remisier King" (Singaporean term for stockbroker).

In 1996, he became a full-time investor, investing $10 million in palm oil producer Wilmar International, now valued at $700 million. Lim is also the second-largest investor in fashion distributor FJ Benjamin. He then invested in logistics and the agri-business.[5]

In October 2010, he bought the entire share holdings from Dr. Cheng Wei Chen and family, founder of Thomson Medical Centre Limited, at a price of S$1.75 per share.

Sports investments[edit]
Lim, an avid sports fan, has set up a S$10 million scholarship under the Singapore Olympic Foundation (SOF) to nurture local sports talents in 2010.[6][7] He is known to be a supporter of Singapore football.[8]

Football[edit]
Lim owns a series of Manchester United F.C. themed bars and clubs in Asia, which led to him bidding to take ownership of Liverpool F.C. in 2010, to expand the brand in Asia.[9][10] He has also been associated with bids to Rangers F.C. in Glasgow, Scotland, Middlesbrough F.C in England, Valencia CF in Spain and A.C. Milan in Italy. In May 2014, Lim took over ownership of Valencia CF after buying 70.4% of the shares owned by the club's foundation.[11][12]

Motorsports[edit]
In 2011, Lim bought a significant stake in McLaren Automotive, which the company sought to develop and produce the McLaren MP4-12C sportscar. The carmaker has been rapidly building its dealer network in Asia since opening its first in the region in 2012, in Singapore.[13]

On 4 December 2012, Lim formalised his venture with Malaysian state-owned UEM Land to build an integrated motorsports hub in Johor's Iskandar region. The project, estimated to cost RM3.5 billion ($1.14 billion), is expected to be up and running by 2016. It will be operated and managed by Fastrack Autosports, majority-owned by him.[14]

References[edit]
^ Jump up to: a b "The World's Billionaires (2010): #655 Peter Lim". Forbes. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
^ Jump up to: a b "Singapore's 40 Richest (2010): #8 Peter Lim". Forbes. 28 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
Jump up ^ [1][dead link]
Jump up ^ $420,000 for ST pocket money fund
Jump up ^ "Peter Lim, No.7". Forbes magazine. 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
Jump up ^ Wang Meng Meng (30 June 2010). "$10m boost for athletes". The Strait Times. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
Jump up ^ "Premier League - Who is Peter Lim?". Yahoo!Sport. 12 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
Jump up ^ Patwant Singh (12 October 2010). "Peter Lim still in with a chance of owning the Reds: local experts". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
Jump up ^ Robert Peston Business (11 October 2010). "Liverpool to receive new bid from Singapore billionaire". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
Jump up ^ Mustafa Shafawi (12 October 2010). "Peter Lim makes cash bid for Liverpool". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
Jump up ^ "Peter Lim pays $720m for Valencia". The Straits Times. 17 May 2014.
Jump up ^ "Singapore businessman Peter Lim buys Valencia". Today. 17 May 2014.
Jump up ^ Jeremy Grant (9 July 2013). "McLaren ramps up Asian dealer network". Financial Times. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
Jump up ^ Christopher Tan (4 December 2012). "Peter Lim's $1.14b Iskandar motorsports hub up by 2016". The Straits Times.