• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore spend so much USD to prop up SGD?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
photo_6208219396820808410_y.jpg

Seems like 1997 days are coming soon. Are you all prepared?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh really? I thought when we buy other currency like USD we are weakening our own currency and strengthening other currency?

mean pap is dumping usd and then buying sgd to prop up sgd.

sinkapore is a laundry hub where money comes in because it is relatively strong. if weaken too much against usd then all money will flee. then no more cheap housing loans liao.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looking forward with glee and the anticipation on many flying bodies jumping out the window of their fancy condos.

Maybe should buy shares of funeral and undertakers.

I looked at the numbers again, SG is in deep shit but safe from people like Soros.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so we burn one third of our reserves to buy vaccines that have proven thus far to be ineffective?
Whole fucking MOF sleeping on the job?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward with glee and the anticipation on many flying bodies jumping out the window of their fancy condos.

Maybe should buy shares of funeral and undertakers.

I looked at the numbers again, SG is in deep shit but safe from people like Soros.

U got ask pap how much reserves we have now? Fed hiking 0.75% on 1st Nov to 4% liao

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
U got ask pap how much reserves we have now? Fed hiking 0.75% on 1st Nov to 4% liao
4% is the interim. It may go as high as 6-8%. And if MAS does not defend the SGD what will happen?

So likelihood SG interest rate may shoot to 7%, which I think will be the highest it will go.

Or nuclear war will come first. USA will not allow anyone to push them off the throne.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
4% is the interim. It may go as high as 6-8%. And if MAS does not defend the SGD what will happen?

So likelihood SG interest rate may shoot to 7%, which I think will be the highest it will go.

Or nuclear war will come first. USA will not allow anyone to push them off the throne.

If 8% then lentor modern how?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 164430

I can't decide which number is more impressive :

1. Singapore spending MORE than Japan to shore up their native currency;
  2. Japan spending that amount and still 23% drop;
  3. 31.5% reserves gone. Implication is that total reserves were only 408 bn at 2021? Either way, that's almost 1/3 of reserves gone. quite a shocking number.
Thanks for the post. :thumbsup:

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't decide which number is more impressive :

1. Singapore spending MORE than Japan to shore up their native currency;
  2. Japan spending that amount and still 23% drop;
  3. 31.5% reserves gone. Implication is that total reserves were only 408 bn at 2021? Either way, that's almost 1/3 of reserves gone. quite a shocking number.
Thanks for the post. :thumbsup:

Imagine when fed hikes 2 more times by Dec 22. How much reserves pap needs to spend again?