• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SINGAPORE national football team will be disbanded

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the national soccer team should be disbanded. The entire FAS should go too.

Bring in people who know the game, not politicians. Ganesan, the lawyer, did a marvellous job when the late Uncle Choo coached the team in the 70s. Despite being amateurs, the team scaled greater heights than the clowns we have today. And the clowns we have today are full professionals!

2693994.b802076e.560.jpg

Bring in soccer players who love football and know the game, not 'world number one salary' politicians.Ganesan, the lawyer, did a marvellous job when the late Uncle Choo coached the team in the 70s.Because they loved football and know how to manage the team.Despite being amateurs, the team scaled greater heights than the highly paid clowns we have today. And the clowns we have today are 'fool' professionals!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FIFA banned Brunei from international competitions for political involvement in their football association. I'm not sure of the details but if that's the charge, why didn't FIFA and IOC ban Singapore from practically all sports? Most Singapore sport associations are headed by politicians.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So simple. Buy 11 foreign star players to represent .... same as table tennis lor !!!:eek:

If they donate any of the Ministers' annual salary, many FT will queue to play for us. If they offer peanuts, many will come from Upp Thomson, Rifle Range Rd, Swiss Club Road, MacRitchie etc. A pity PRC cannot be a recruiting base for potential soccer stars otherwise they will line the road from Kunming to Woodlands.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. Folks like Kim Song and Fandi should be running FAS!!

:mad:

I don't agree with fandi running FAS. if he is running it, all his kawan, abang etc (ex mat national players) will come to him begging for assistant coach, fitness coach, training manager etc jobs. in no time, all jobs will be taken by association to fandi, not by merit. this is the mat way of working.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to think of it, can we honestly blame the players for being a complete letdown?

Kindly permit me to suggest this - they failed coz they were not paid world class salaries and bonuses. If MIW demands to be paid better than world class salaries to enable them to do a decent job, can't it be said that football players are the same except that their career cannot span 20-40 years like politicians?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree with fandi running FAS. if he is running it, all his kawan, abang etc (ex mat national players) will come to him begging for assistant coach, fitness coach, training manager etc jobs. in no time, all jobs will be taken by association to fandi, not by merit. this is the mat way of working.

I'm sure 关系 is a Malay term. :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We should emulate small countries which made it to the World Cup - NZ, Slovenia etc. If NZ has majority of its players in their own league, a little more in the A-League and very in Europe, surely we also boleh. And some are even part-timers.

Look at how the Kiwis played. I was thoroughly impressed with them. Though I hated them for making me lose all my bets when they played.
Last minute goals were most painful!

It is all in the mind. Kiwis played with pride. Would even die for their cause. Why can't we? If there is an answer to that, problem is 75% solved. NO need MIW to head FAS. Get that crazy Teo Hock Seng. He is a decent choice, given the pool available. Though yaya all the time, soccer is in his blood.

jw5

Loyal
FIFA banned Brunei from international competitions for political involvement in their football association. I'm not sure of the details but if that's the charge, why didn't FIFA and IOC ban Singapore from practically all sports? Most Singapore sport associations are headed by politicians.
I think the ban is imposed when the country's political leaders overrule the football association's decisions. For example, if the FA wants to continue playing in a tournament, and the country's leaders insist the team withdraws.

FIFA won't have a problem if the FA is run by a politician and the decisions of the FA and politicians are in-line, which will of course be the case for FAS.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the ban is imposed when the country's political leaders overrule the football association's decisions. For example, if the FA wants to continue playing in a tournament, and the country's leaders insist the team withdraws.

FIFA won't have a problem if the FA is run by a politician and the decisions of the FA and politicians are in-line, which will of course be the case for FAS.

In Singapore case where politicians lord directly over associations, there's no possibility of ifs and buts to begin with.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like more africans, arabs, iranians and eastern europeans will be given citizenship to fill up the national squad.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Come to think of it, can we honestly blame the players for being a complete letdown?

Kindly permit me to suggest this - they failed coz they were not paid world class salaries and bonuses. If MIW demands to be paid better than world class salaries to enable them to do a decent job, can't it be said that football players are the same except that their career cannot span 20-40 years like politicians?

Who pays? Tax payers?

You ask UOB or DBS to sponsor a few billions?

:biggrin: