• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Fertility rate was 4.7 in 1966. Today 1.2 - whose fault?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back then, the country boasted a fertility rate of 4.7 and so many women gave birth in the national maternity hospital in 1966 that it entered the Guinness Book of World Records.
The so-called birthquake raised concern that the fledgling economy would be overburdened, and Lee’s father, Lee Kuan Yew, promoted family planning, legalized abortion and encouraged sterilization. A “Stop at Two” campaign in the 1970s and the natural decline in childbirth as the economy developed brought the fertility rate down to 1.82 by the end of the decade.
Last August, Lee Kuan Yew lamented that the number of births in the city has halved since he came to power in 1959, even with twice as many people.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the problem when everyone is a yes-man,nobody nobody dare to oppose the policy.And now the whole country suffer.This is retribution for our cowardice.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same trends occurs in all developed countries, including South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and the rest of Europe.
Blame who? Blame yourself for being selfish.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKT got to solely bear the cross for the low fertility rate.He think he is very clever by going against nature.The backlash is on him,he knows he had done many wrongs against singapore citizens but he never never apologise.Repent now !!!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
But in sinkapore, there was a STOP AT TWO policy. So, it happened sooner in tiny dot.

That ended a long time ago. In fact that was the correct policy back then or we would have outgrown ourselves long ago.
Population growth complain, population no grow also you complain. You see the folly of these govt haters?

The policy is to have more kids more than 20 years ago. If PAP policy is so effective, why don't you follow?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That ended a long time ago......

What about those who already had themselves fixed i.e. gone through a vasectomy:confused: It's not something that can be reversed.

PAP is also responsible for policies such as making difficult to get a flat if you are single & young.
It is also HDB's policy NOT to rent or sell to single parents. From what I understand, they don't want to encourage such families.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about those who already had themselves fixed i.e. gone through a vasectomy:confused: It's not something that can be reversed.

PAP is also responsible for policies such as making difficult to get a flat if you are single & young.
It is also HDB's policy NOT to rent or sell to single parents. From what I understand, they don't want to encourage such families.

Vasectomy was a personal choice. PAP never promoted it.

And what about those who did not have vasectomy? Why are they using condoms and IUDs?

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same trends occurs in all developed countries, including South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and the rest of Europe.
Blame who?......

Yes. This is the trend is all societies that have achieved a certain level of development. So why shouldn't Sg? What's wrong with it? There is no need to put extgra fear for some ill-fated future just because the "growth" rate cannot be sustained - just accept that it is the way and deal with it when it comes instead of placing an unattainable target it front and then stigmatize those who do not have kids or get married young.

Cheers!

LadyArwen

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LadyArwen has the answer. If the women on this land could look a little like LadyArwen fertility rate will shoot up to 7.4

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

This gahment only knows how to destroy but clueless about how to create. Destroy very easy, just whack, whack since they have absolute power. But to create...how to do that when the people under them are frightened, cowed...etc. They tried throwing money at the problem but still it is not working. When will the gahment learn that something once destroyed may never be put back again. Just like our dialects. Once it is gone, it is lost forever.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP think they can plan and control everything .They want to do social engineering against nature.They think they can command when people can fark and when people cannot fark.Ask the PAP to go fark spider lah !

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vasectomy was a personal choice. PAP never promoted it.

And what about those who did not have vasectomy? Why are they using condoms and IUDs?

Haha.Gotcha, Kanina PAP IB. 3013 is so far away. No worries, after PE, efforts are underway to dismantle Leegime. You will never get to evolve by 3013.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bloody stupid PAP policy asking everyone to stop at 2 or else penalty, fine,
no same school for the 3rd kid, KK hospital triple charge your maternity bill,
screwed PAP policy, they where so stringent!! damn it!

The same PAP now talk cock and bull story, cover up, import Foreign Trash!!
create havoc, socially and tragically MRT jam, create havoc in COE!! 72 ERP
grantry still not enough, want more money from motorists!!!

This PAP speak with a fork tongue like a venomous snake!!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. This is the trend is all societies that have achieved a certain levl of development. So why shouldn't Sg? What's wrong with it? There is no need to put extgra fear for some ill-fated future just because the "growth" rate cannot be sustained - just accept that it is the way and deal with it when it comes instead of placing an unattainable target it front and then stigmatize those who do not have kids or get married young.

Cheers!

Govt never stigmatise anyone. They simply encourage ppl to have kids. And if you don't want to ha e three or more kids, don't complain about foreign migrants

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt never stigmatise anyone. They simply encourage ppl to have kids. And if you don't want to ha e three or more kids, don't complain about foreign migrants

I have no I interest of having kids. As for FT, I don't mind as long as they r beautiful Mei meis from China, Vietnam, Philippines...etc. I guess for the ladies the guys must all look like Brad Pitt and co.