• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Chee Soon Juan's FB statement on PAP's Covid management

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don expect these owns to know how to handle,a situation like these already show their incompetency in handling problems,think more skeleton in closet that we Don know, if reveal all ,think all will drop jaws,

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP bunch of incompetent idiots are playing snake and ladder game with Singaporeans lives. Two steps up the ladder and 5 steps sliding down from the snake, 3 steps up and now 10 steps sliding down again. KNNB CCB PAP

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
from CSJ FB post :

Here we go again. Another surge in infections, another series of knee-jerk reactions that don’t make sense. I’ll cite just a few examples:
One, more than two persons from the same household can ride together in a taxi or PHV. But when they alight, they cannot dine-in together because restaurants are limited to two per table. They also cannot visit their relatives because households can only have up to two unique visitors per day.
Two, if the four persons are from different households, they cannot get into a single cab. But they can happily climb into a bus or MRT train.
Three, social gatherings are limited to two per group but group tours (eg. Duck Tours) can be up to 50.
Where do these people get their ideas from? Whoever is writing them need to remove their heads from their derrière.
Since we opened Orange & Teal, we’ve bounced from a no-dining-in phase to groups of two dining-in with conditions to five with more conditions, back to no-dining-in in less than a month, then back to two with modified rules to five with more modified rules and now back again to two.
This yo-yo type of policy-making is driving everyone nuts; there is no logical consistency. It certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in their ability to tackle the pandemic which is putting businesses and jobs under immense pressure.
And when it comes to events that suit their purpose eg. National Day Parade or the GE last year, they have no problems holding them.
The tragedy is that the sorry state of affairs is confusing and demoralising to an already Covid-fatigued population.
To put a stop to this mess, the SDP will announce an 8-point exit strategy to decisively tackle the pandemic. The plan drawn up by our healthcare panel led by leading infectious disease expert Prof Paul Tambyah. We will present our alternative ideas shortly and will open it for public review.
PAP WILL CONDEMN THE 8 PTS BUT QUIETLY ADOPT THEM ALL

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, sorry to trouble you. I couldn't view the post. Can cut and paste the text? Thanks

I see nayr69sg has helped you out there promptly already (before I read your reply).

Out of curiosity, you can't read trhe embedded FB post, is it because this device (eg. PC, phone) you're using to surf Sammyboy forum isn't the same device you use to login into your FB? Is that how it works? If so, in future for your sake, I can copy & paste the FB contents if I embed FB posts, eg. Ho Ching's... you wouldn't want to miss out on her FB posts eh?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Dr trying to talk......

Nope you may not. The way communication works in medicine is ONE WAY. Patient to Doctor.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Take control of your health care (exert your patient autonomy)​

iStock_78445461_MEDIUM

May 7, 2018
Autonomy means being in control of your own decisions without outside influence — in other words, that you are in charge of yourself. It is considered an essential development step toward maturity. We all make decisions about how to live our lives, although sometimes we have less choice than we might like.

When it comes to your health care, how much autonomy is the right amount?​

There’s lots of interest in what the term means. Here’s a definition from MedicineNet:
Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.
This can be a hard line to navigate. In the past, physicians made all the decisions for their patients. They would plan the care, prescribe the treatment, and the patient would either comply or not. The word “comply” is itself pejorative. We have moved into a much more enlightened era of care, and many physicians seek to involve patients, to help them understand treatment options, and to work collaboratively to achieve goals of wellness.

When you and your doctor don’t see eye to eye on the best health care for you​

But what if you and your physician don’t agree on the best course of care for you? What if your doctor insists that she knows best, and that your health will be at risk if you don’t follow her advice? Maybe your physician has discouraged you from researching your medical condition yourself. From the physician’s angle, most of us want our patients to understand their illness, be educated on goals of wellness, and be active participants in their own healthcare. But here’s where it gets tricky: physicians study for years to become doctors and bring their scientific knowledge and clinical acumen to the office and the bedside. Patients may not have those skills, but they know their own bodies, tolerance for treatment, and the manner in which they are comfortable receiving care.

Finding the right doctor​

It’s sometimes hard to find a doctor you’re comfortable with, whether it’s for you or your child. Making a list of what’s important to you — whether you have a physician you like now, are uncomfortable in your current treating situation, or are in the process of looking for a new provider — can really help. Ask yourself these questions:
  • What is my style about health care? Do I want my doctor to tell me what to do, list the options but give me the final choice, or let me describe the medication and plan that I have researched first?
  • Would I like someone who is more relational or more boundaried? Do I want a physician who has the style of sharing his own life with me, asks about my life and tries to incorporate who I am as a person as well as a patient, or would I prefer a more businesslike approach? Do I want my physician to tell me if she has the same illness I do, and what it’s like for her, or would I prefer my doctor keep this to herself?
  • How much do I want my doctor to know about me as a person? Is that important in the way I want to receive my health care?
  • What might happen if I disagree with my doctor? Would that end the treating relationship right there, or could we work through a difference?

The right doctor will naturally support your patient autonomy​

Figuring out how you want your physician to work with you lets you maintain your patient autonomy, whatever that autonomy might be. Receiving the kind of care that is comfortable for you is exercising your autonomy. There will always be blips along the way. One woman told me about a primary care doctor she had worked with for years who became enraged with her at a visit, seemingly out of the blue. She felt he was attacking her health care behavior without asking appropriate questions. She offered him several opportunities during the visit to re-evaluate his comments. When he couldn’t do so, she used her autonomy to fire him. Another patient described being told that if he did not take a specific medication, the outcome could be devastating for his health. This may have been true, but perhaps a more collaborative discussion would have allowed this patient to feel less bullied into a treatment. Feeling comfortable with your right to get the answers you need to understand your treatment reflects your patient autonomy. Make sure your doctor’s style matches your own. How the treating relationship works is an essential part of the treatment. If it works, everything is enhanced. If your autonomy is not respected, your health care will suffer.
Drs are greedy and conniving. Trying to sell u all sorts of dubious solubles and surgeries. A timely reminder of these conflicts of interests not unlike insurance and second hand car sales. Caveat emptor. :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I see nayr69sg has helped you out there promptly already (before I read your reply).

Out of curiosity, you can't read trhe embedded FB post, is it because this device (eg. PC, phone) you're using to surf Sammyboy forum isn't the same device you use to login into your FB? Is that how it works? If so, in future for your sake, I can copy & paste the FB contents if I embed FB posts, eg. Ho Ching's... you wouldn't want to miss out on her FB posts eh?
I tried three different browsers on a single dekstop, all can't view the embedded FB post. But on two browsers, the error message : Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

I disabled everything I could think of, but still cannot.

I have also tried four different devices. My desktop, my two laptops and my phone. Now I am thinking, could it be my VPN? Anyone else using VPN and having the same issue?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's not the doctors, but rather those people above the doctors whom the doctors dare not disobey. :cool:

TBBeOosO.png
No need people above doctors. People below doctors also can tekan the doctors and make them do their bidding.

It's called patient autonomy!

So top and bottom both hot hot.....OVEN! Cooked till crisp.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tried three different browsers on a single dekstop, all can't view the embedded FB post. But on two browsers, the error message : Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

I have also tried four different devices. My desktop, my two laptops and my phone. Now I am thinking, could it be my VPN? Anyone else using VPN and having the same issue?

Whichever browser you use, you must have first use that same browser to login your FB account, or else that browser won't be able to read embedded FB posts.

And yes, using VPN won't allow you to use some websites, eg. Netflix, so it's also a possible reason for your FB problems.

Do udate me know when you've solved your problem, I'm curious as what the solution is in your case.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You do NOT want to allow facebook embedded posts in the other sites you visit because doing so allows facebook to track exactly what you are doing there.

Once you can view an embedded facebook your privacy goes out the window even if you are not logged on to your facebook account.

I use facebook container to keep things private.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 5.44.18 PM.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Whichever browser you use, you must have first use that same browser to login your FB account, or else that browser won't be able to read embedded FB posts.

And yes, using VPN won't allow you to use some websites, eg. Netflix, so it's also a possible reason for your FB problems.

Do udate me know when you've solved your problem, I'm curious as what the solution is in your case.
Same browser to login your FB account does not work, still can't view.

I think I solved it. It's my VPN. I turned it off and was able to view your FB embed. I have VPN on all my devices hence all also could not view. Need to tweak it to allow view of embeds.:biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You do NOT want to allow facebook embedded posts in the other sites you visit because doing so allows facebook to track exactly what you are doing there.

Once you can view an embedded facebook your privacy goes out the window even if you are not logged on to your facebook account.

I use facebook container to keep things private.

View attachment 123883
Appreciate the info. This is an add-on to browsers, I saw they have it for all the popular browsers. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Android, Safari.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Same browser to login your FB account does not work, still can't view.

I think I solved it. It's my VPN. I turned it off and was able to view your FB embed. I have VPN on all my devices hence all also could not view. Need to tweak it to allow view of embeds.:biggrin:

What's the point of using VPN if you create a big fat hole in it? :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The best place to install VPN at home is on your modem/router. ALL devices connected to your home WiFi network will then be protected including your smart TV, your webcams etc.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

[VPN] How to set up VPN Client in ASUS Router (Web GUI)?​

Last Update : 2021/07/20 17:08
Send to Email Open on your smart phone

What is VPN Client?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) clients are often used to connect to a VPN server and allows to access private resources securely over a public network.
Some devices like set-top boxes, smart TVs and Blu-ray players do not support VPN software.
The ASUSWRT VPN feature provides VPN access to all devices in a home network without having to install VPN software on each device.

To start a new VPN connection, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: How to enter the router's GUI (ASUSWRT)?
Take RT-AX88U as an example.
1-1. Set up your wireless router via wired connection:
a. Insert AC adapter of your wireless router to the DC-IN port and plug it to a power outlet.
b. Connect your modem to the WAN port of your wireless router with another network cable.
c. Insert your modem’s AC adapter to the DC-IN port and plug it to a power outlet.
d. Connect your computer to the LAN port of your wireless router with the bundled network cable.
c506a3cc-4d17-405c-ae72-fdb298bf98cf.jpg

1-2. Open a web browser and enter http://router.asus.com.to access router's GUI (ASUSWRT)
2a314176-7cf6-447c-bcda-5e0c21e7ad91.png

1-3.Key in your router’s user name and password on the login page.
1-4. Click Sign in to apply.
14d070c8-2bea-4bb0-9d17-277fc044ad0f.jpg

Note: The default username and password are both admin. If you forget either user name or password, please restore the router to the factory default status.
Please refer to [Wireless Router] How to enter the router's GUI (ASUSWRT) to learn more.

Step 2: Click [VPN] from the left Advanced Settings > Find [VPN Client] tab and click [Add profile]
afab2a66-9112-4291-acf8-05cebe945307.jpg

Step 3: Select a VPN connection type: PPTP, L2TP, or OpenVPN.
3565e8dd-c223-4e25-bd1d-d35d4fc37b1c.jpg

Step 4: Configure VPN information
PPTP
(1) Click PPTP. Enter the VPN authentication information provided by your VPN provider.
(2) Click [OK] to create a VPN Client profile.
1f658c20-a696-4560-a006-be4d46d2e455.png

L2TP
(1) Click L2TP. Enter the VPN authentication information provided by your VPN provider.
(2) Click [OK] to create a VPN Client profile.
c67a1e1a-056f-4d36-b17e-cb68194cc95c.png

OpenVPN
(1) Click OpenVPN. Enter the VPN authentication information provided by your VPN provider.
770e7822-19e3-4d88-a1db-dc0a20d94c71.png

(2) Click “Choose File” and choose the .ovpn file provided by your VPN service provider.
03c5f128-9026-4fdd-8b3f-d916de56adda.png

(3) Check whether the uploaded file name displays.
(4) And then click “Upload” button to complete.
a5e7358f-de7d-4634-b9d8-10b16e0638f1.png

(5) Check whether the “Complete!” hint is displayed. (6) Click [OK] to create a VPN Client profile.
c2c3604f-c326-474c-9ef6-050b2d0b0ec9.png

Step 5: Click [Activate] to execute your VPN connection.
fbc94b66-a692-49c2-a81b-af0580a9bd33.jpg

Step 6: The display of " tick icon "
fa32b4e8-55b7-42d9-97ff-a345a2b5a7ed.png
indicates that the connection is successful.
bcb9dd09-5a2c-4b2c-825b-779b711d659d.png

FAQ
1. Why is there no OpenVPN client option available in the latest firmware?

2. Why doesn't the VPN client automatically reconnect when the server down?
  • When VPN server down, router as VPN client will disconnect to VPN server, and will not auto-reconnect, it's a normal behavior for all ASUS routers.
3. How to deal with IP conflict if VPN client is not working?
  • When your LAN subnet of ASUS router is the same with VPN Server, your VPN connection may not work and see the warning icon on connection status.
bf31b2b8-bdfb-4fb6-9ef3-3e11cb8f23fd.png

• Please try to change your IP address of LAN to another one different with VPN Server.
4d8e2f89-3c9a-4e45-a3a3-2e7f5bffcbd6.png

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

SDP INTRODUCES A SENSIBLE AND FORESIGHTED PLAN TO EXIT THE COVID PANDEMIC​

September 28, 2021
Singapore Democrats
covic.jpeg
The handling of the Covid-19 pandemic by the Government’s Multi-Ministerial Task Force has been plagued with a distinct lack of coherence and direction. This has left Singaporeans confused and frustrated.

The lack of a clear strategy in dealing with the pandemic has also left businesses unable to plan ahead. The reactive nature of the MMTF’s approach in dealing with outbreaks of infections has led to stop-start, on-again/off-again policies which had impacted adversely on both employers and employees.

In light of this, the SDP has developed an 8-point plan to exit the pandemic and get Singapore out of the current mess and into a more stable and hopeful future. The paper has been drawn up by the party’s healthcare panel which also wrote our National Healthcare Plan in 2013 which was updated more recently in 2019.

1. Stop testing asymptomatic vaccinated individuals outside of contact tracing. This will help ensure that resources are concentrated on those who need them most – the elderly and vulnerable who are actually infected.

2. Ensure that those who test positive including pregnant women and children report to the nearest Public Health Preparedness Clinic (private General Practitioners or polyclinics) who can then evaluate them and decide if they need to be hospitalised or simply monitored over the week or so as we do with other infectious diseases such as urinary tract infections or food poisoning. GPs should be appropriately compensated for the care they provide.

3. Facilitate nursing homes to keep infected patients who are stable and do not need hospitalisation in their facilities but segregate them from the rest of the residents. Have GPs check on them and decide when they need hospitalisation. This will relieve the strain on hospitals and ensure that those who need hospital care are not deprived or delayed.

4. Set up a dedicated ambulance hotline similar to what was used during SARS for those who have tested positive or are identified as contacts so they can be rapidly brought to the hospital if their pulse oximeter readings show evidence of low oxygen concentrations.

5. Publish regular reports on test positivity and all clusters (like the dengue cluster reports) as in the recent decision to publish a map of emerging cases. This will help the public to seek medical attention if they develop symptoms after visiting those areas.

6. Do away with blanket closures and restrictions. Instead, implement interventions that are targeted like with food poisoning outbreaks or hand, foot and mouth disease outbreaks in childcare centres. Shut the physical building or facility where an outbreak occurs instead of across the whole island where outbreaks have not occurred.

7. Intensify molecular epidemiology (genetic fingerprinting) process. Every public hospital and referral lab must perform this for every positive case and the information should be fed into a database modelled on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) GISAID and the information therein made publicly available. This will make the identification of large clusters reliable.

8. Conduct rapid adaptive design randomized clinical trials on all WHO-approved vaccines so they can be brought in for the trials and studied as boosters or primary doses. These vaccines should be commissioned and funded rapidly. The same should be done for other preventative agents which have shown promise in earlier randomized trials such as povidone iodine or ivermectin. This will settle once and for all in a clear scientific manner many of the questions swirling around social media on alternatives to the current vaccination strategies.

Collectively, these measures will provide society with a more reliable and predictable way of handling the pandemic. They will build confidence as we go forward in dealing with a virus that is here to stay. Singapore must deal with the pandemic in a steady and intelligent manner that brings hope and security.

*We welcome public feedback on these measures.
Please provide your comments here.
*If you have a burning question that we can answer on our APA programme this Tuesday night, ask it here.
*If you have general comments or remarks, go to our Faceback post.