• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore 0 China 3 Table Tennis Final

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was difficult to play against China....esp Zhang YiNing It seems like Li Jia Wei was playing against a table tennis machine.....every Zhang shots was so well placed...almost unbelivable

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think so. They surrendered. Their match against South Korea was much better.

I think you're confusing the lack of talent with the lack of resolve. No on would want to surrender an Olympic Gold medal(not to mention an additional reward money of 750K) when U made the finals. Something you are unlikely to do again in another 4 yrs. The PRC team was just too good. Our record against them, in fact, every freaking team in the world's record against them is lousy. They're just simply too good, not to mention all of them are top 5 ranking players. Our "Best" player is ranked lower then their "Worst" player

Top 10 ranked players
1. Zhang Yining, China

2. Guo Yue, China

3. Li Xiaoxia, China

4. Guo Yan, China

5. Wang Nan, China

6. Li Jia Wei, Singapore

7. Wang Yue Gu, Singapore

8. Jiang Huajun, Hong Kong

9. Feng Tianwei, Singapore

10. Tie Yana, Hong Kong

Source link

On a side note, most teams would look good against Korea coz they play a slightly more defensive style. I've seem 3 games they played and they play more defensively then the other teams. It doesn't mean they're lousy, its just a different style of play

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
well they gave their best and it is still not enough.
at least managed to win 2 sets and not a white-wash,though it is one-sided 3-0 to China.
they are simply too good...