• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Signs that You are getting Old (EPL version)

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know you are getting old, if:

• [*]you have seen Mark Hughes, Paul Ines, Tony Adams and Roy Kean played for their clubs (as opposed to managing them)

[*]you have seen defenders doing a back-pass to their keepers and it wasn't a foul

[*]you have seen the current EPL clubs played in the "Division 1"

[*]the average EPL players are young enough to be your son

[*]you have seen clubs played with only 2 subs allowed

[*]you have seen matches in Channel 5 - FOC

[*]you remembered seeing the weekly highlights show called the "Big League Soccer"

[*]you remembered when English clubs were banned from all European competitions (and you know why)

[*]you knew Alex Ferguson before he was knighted

[*]you remembered Chelsea being a "lousy" club

[*]you remembered clubs like Wimbledon, QPR, Cystal Palace & Sheffield Wednesday playing in the top flight

[*]you remembered when the only way to place soccer bets was by illegal means

[*]you have seen Liverpool won the League (heart-pain!!!!)

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember how a win = 2 points
I remember Alex Ferguson struggling, almost getting sacked from Man Utd
I remember Lee Sharpe, Jan Molby, Anders Limpar and Gary Mabbutt...
Last time there was no Champions League. It was called European Cup.
I remember Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Butt and the Nevilles as young punks, not old farts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never forget the two goals scored by Bobby Charlton in 1966 World Cup semi-final against Portugal. 1966 World Cup was spectacular. 1970 was even better.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you are getting old, if:

• [*]you have seen Mark Hughes, Paul Ines, Tony Adams and Roy Kean played for their clubs (as opposed to managing them)

[*]you have seen defenders doing a back-pass to their keepers and it wasn't a foul

[*]you have seen the current EPL clubs played in the "Division 1"

[*]the average EPL players are young enough to be your son

[*]you have seen clubs played with only 2 subs allowed

[*]you have seen matches in Channel 5 - FOC

[*]you remembered seeing the weekly highlights show called the "Big League Soccer"

[*]you remembered when English clubs were banned from all European competitions (and you know why)

[*]you knew Alex Ferguson before he was knighted

[*]you remembered Chelsea being a "lousy" club

[*]you remembered clubs like Wimbledon, QPR, Cystal Palace & Sheffield Wednesday playing in the top flight

[*]you remembered when the only way to place soccer bets was by illegal means

[*]you have seen Liverpool won the League (heart-pain!!!!)

Actually for pple to remember most of this stuff, you just need to be around 20yrs old(assuming you watch football around 5-6). Many of these took place in the mid/late 90s. I remember just about all of these and nope, the average player isnt young enough to be my son yet, not unless I became a father at maybe 5 yrs old

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually for pple to remember most of this stuff, you just need to be around 20yrs old(assuming you watch football around 5-6). Many of these took place in the mid/late 90s. I remember just about all of these and nope, the average player isnt young enough to be my son yet, not unless I became a father at maybe 5 yrs old

I watch football at around 7-8 yrs old in the late 80s. but a kid can't remember anything. I watched a bit of the 1986 world cup at age 7 but I can't remember a thing. at Primary 5, 11 year old. I watched a lot of World Cup 90 ( the best world cup for 30 years ). I remember talking about the WC in school with friends. But sadly the memories are very blurred. I would have loved to remember those days.

I do remember everything from age 12 ownwards, secondary school days, WC94, how we were so hot about EPL back then. we talk about soccer all day long even though the media coverage were nothing like today. I bought Shoot and Match magazines back then, no internet on soccer news until the late 90s.

It's sad that when you get older, your younger memories kept on getting erased. You can recall the incident but just can't remember the scenes. It's the scenes that make up the sweet memories.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- Gordon Stradcan played for Man U.

- Footballers wear kits that were tight tight and the shorts more sexily than the fbt that gals wear nowaday.

- footballers had long perm hair that many gals now will envy.

- Everton was the champion of english football.

- No European mid week matches for English Clubs after the Heysel Stadium Collaspe.

- Aston Villa won the European Cup.

- Tay Peng Kee was the captain of Spore Lions.(not sure of the spelling)

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does anyone remember that Man Utd striker, number 10, bald guy? I went to England to see him play once. That was before WWII started in Europe. around 1938. :biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched Bobby Moore scored his first goal:biggrin:

I think you are much older than me. I have not seen Bobby Moore scored.
To me he was the best captain in the England squads. Sadly he died at the age of 50 years old. Well respected by other internationals in the world.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the old days when footballers were genuine tough guys ... not today's sissy boys like Beckham, Ronaldo etc

Players didn't wear shin guards (France in 86) or hair bands

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone remember that Man Utd striker, number 10, bald guy? I went to England to see him play once. That was before WWII started in Europe. around 1938. :biggrin:

How old are you? You got the year right? Could it be Bobby Charlton during the 60s. If not you are as old as LKY. Lol