• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA recruiting cadet pilots from India, S'poreans shunning this job?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
==

SIA has lost competitive edge liao...the level of food is deteriorating.

U know why they are able to stay in profit? They are quick to cut staff's pay....but one thing...they reward their shareholders alot LOL...i believe if you have held their shares since last year...u will be laughing to the bank...their dividend payout is good...

SIA lost competitive edge? Hmm a bit sad to hear that, this is the only Singapore company that truly made it global brand so far.

Read about them cutting staff pay during the year of loss, did they restore and pay back the difference by now? Didn't buy the shares lah, very expensive and airline industry very competitive, but this year they declared much higher dividend under the new CEO. Don't know whether the higher dividend is sustainable?

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA lost competitive edge? Hmm a bit sad to hear that, this is the only Singapore company that truly made it global brand so far.

Read about them cutting staff pay during the year of loss, did they restore and pay back the difference by now? Didn't buy the shares lah, very expensive and airline industry very competitive, but this year they declared much higher dividend under the new CEO. Don't know whether the higher dividend is sustainable?

===
For SIA, or for that matter, most service oriented companies, depend alot on their front line staff. Just look at the Skytrax survey results. They are no longer the best airline in Economy...if I am not wrong, they are still the best airline for Business / or First class...

yes, their Suites on A380 is out of the world, but how many of us can seriously afford this? And its not on every route as well.

No doubt, SIA was the first airline to give free drinks, free headphones, etc...but such "gestures" can be easily replicated. I give you one example - next time when you take a SIA flight, check out the water on the meal cart - it used to be Evian, now, it is a SIA-brand mineral water.

Regarding pay cuts, I must admit I am not privy - you are better off speaking to someone in the union. But as far as I know, they go for pay cuts pretty fast as a measure. Yes, they restored but anyone wonder why they need to cut pay in the first place when SIA is cash rich?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
===
For SIA, or for that matter, most service oriented companies, depend alot on their front line staff. Just look at the Skytrax survey results. They are no longer the best airline in Economy...if I am not wrong, they are still the best airline for Business / or First class...

yes, their Suites on A380 is out of the world, but how many of us can seriously afford this? And its not on every route as well.

No doubt, SIA was the first airline to give free drinks, free headphones, etc...but such "gestures" can be easily replicated. I give you one example - next time when you take a SIA flight, check out the water on the meal cart - it used to be Evian, now, it is a SIA-brand mineral water.

Regarding pay cuts, I must admit I am not privy - you are better off speaking to someone in the union. But as far as I know, they go for pay cuts pretty fast as a measure. Yes, they restored but anyone wonder why they need to cut pay in the first place when SIA is cash rich?

Haha yeah lor local companies like to use the excuse of being prudent. Last time I also worked in one that was profitable during crisis but implemented pay freeze for two years. Come to think of it, all profiteering acts!