• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA recruiting cadet pilots from India, S'poreans shunning this job?

jw5

Loyal
Why u bother about my gender so much? Male you like, female you don't like huh? :biggrin:

Aiyah, bro Rogue Trader don't believe me that you are really female lah.

I like females belly much. Belly few females in this forum u know, last count only 4 confirmed, u are a precious gem..................... :o :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop scaring this one away. Shoo.

I like females belly much. Belly few females in this forum u know, last count only 4 confirmed, u are a precious gem..................... :o :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alemak! Now my species facing extinction! :P

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
===

SIA supporters becos most of them fly on company's expenses LOL...of course if company expense, i fly SIA lah...

the only advantage today -flying SIA, is their payout in case of mishap, is the highest.

Even though the company is paying for the flight, there are perks involved by flying non-SIA.

When I travel to the US using an an american airline, I am allowed side trips FOC, as it's treated as a stop over. I can clear my leave & visit places like Canada :smile:

American airlines are also more generous with their mileage points as compared to SIA

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm your tagline: Money can buy security. Security is happiness. needs one extra sentence to close the loop.

Money can buy security. Security is happiness. Happiness is money.

Haha yeah the point is money can buy happiness, you're one level higher, happiness is money!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though the company is paying for the flight, there are perks involved by flying non-SIA.

When I travel to the US using an an american airline, I am allowed side trips FOC, as it's treated as a stop over. I can clear my leave & visit places like Canada :smile:

American airlines are also more generous with their mileage points as compared to SIA

Yeah the mileage points are good, last time one US trip already can redeem one Asia trip. But service very poor, they literally throw the food tray!

Another advantage for SIA is the planes are newer and so safer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah the mileage points are good, last time one US trip already can redeem one Asia trip. But service very poor, they literally throw the food tray!

Not with Northwestern, the aunties are too old to throw those trays very far:smile:

To be honest I haven't seen such behaviour from the stewardesses. Could be because I was flying business? Yes the planes are older but today if I fly with SIA I would also be worried because of the "management issues":(

I've haven't flown with SIA for a long while & from what I've read so far, I won't be changing my mind.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not with Northwestern, the aunties are too old to throw those trays very far:smile:

To be honest I haven't seen such behaviour from the stewardesses. Could be because I was flying business? Yes the planes are older but today if I fly with SIA I would also be worried because of the "management issues":(

I've haven't flown with SIA for a long while & from what I've read so far, I won't be changing my mind.

Not Northwestern but also aunties, older and big size, not old and frail. :biggrin: btw that was last time, many years ago, could have improved by now.

Yeah, economy class, if business class sure better service. So far I have no complaints flying SIA economy or business class. Last year I went to HK on SIA economy and liked the new plane A380, wider seats and bigger TV screen. :smile:

The standard of SIA stewardess is indeed lower in the recent years though, not as pretty and attentive as before.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not Northwestern but also aunties, older and big size, not old and frail. :biggrin: btw that was last time, many years ago, could have improved by now.

Yeah, economy class, if business class sure better service. So far I have no complaints flying SIA economy or business class. Last year I went to HK on SIA economy and liked the new plane A380, wider seats and bigger TV screen. :smile:

The standard of SIA stewardess is indeed lower in the recent years though, not as pretty and attentive as before.

Unlikely to have changed because it is the older stewardesses that have seniority. This allows them to chose long haul flights. Long haul flights are preferred as they can qualify quicker for rest days & I think the allowance is better. Those shorter flights are more strenuous for the stewardesses.

I've taken Emirates & the stewardesses are a mixture of young angmos & asians. They were kind of aloof. However I would still recommend them because the planes are new & when I missed a flight they rescheduled me on another flight without any hassles or extra cost:eek: Once they even upgraded me to business because the economy seats were full:eek:

It's these little things that impresses me. SIA should learn learn from other airlines like Emirates. Had some bad experiences with SIA. One of the most common complaints is that they are quick to penalise$$ business/economy passengers for exceeding the weight allowance, even if it's only by 2 to 3 kg. :( This was at a time when oil was cheap.

I've flown with Air Canada as an economy passenger with very heavy bags, Must have been 10+ kg over the limit & all they did was stick a sticker to indicate that it was heavy:smile:

I would also recommend Eva Air's Premium economy. It's cheaper than SIA's economy but with more leg room, the leg room is very similar to business class. Plus they take very good care of your luggage. I had bought an antenna in the US & they took the extra trouble to ensure it wasn't damaged:eek:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely to have changed because it is the older stewardesses that have seniority. This allows them to chose long haul flights. Long haul flights are preferred as they can qualify quicker for rest days & I think the allowance is better. Those shorter flights are more strenuous for the stewardesses.

I've taken Emirates & the stewardesses are a mixture of young angmos & asians. They were kind of aloof. However I would still recommend them because the planes are new & when I missed a flight they rescheduled me on another flight without any hassles or extra cost:eek: Once they even upgraded me to business because the economy seats were full:eek:

It's these little things that impresses me. SIA should learn learn from other airlines like Emirates. Had some bad experiences with SIA. One of the most common complaints is that they are quick to penalise$$ business/economy passengers for exceeding the weight allowance, even if it's only by 2 to 3 kg. :( This was at a time when oil was cheap.

I've flown with Air Canada as an economy passenger with very heavy bags, Must have been 10+ kg over the limit & all they did was stick a sticker to indicate that it was heavy:smile:

I would also recommend Eva Air's Premium economy. It's cheaper than SIA's economy but with more leg room, the leg room is very similar to business class. Plus they take very good care of your luggage. I had bought an antenna in the US & they took the extra trouble to ensure it wasn't damaged:eek:

Haha no wonder I have no complaints so far, haven't exceeded baggage allowance before :biggrin: yeah lah, SIA very cost conscious, that is why they can stay in profit or at least minimum loss compared to other airlines when times were bad, their fuel surcharge also always the highest. I only fly SIA for corporate travel or when they have promotions. Just saw they have promo again, $388 to HK, all inclusive price! :smile:

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
When are we advertising for MP's......we apy too much to our present MP...maybe we shoudl outsourse that too.......cheaper by the dozen.........even OBAMA will love to be in SIngapore...aftr his term.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean there are people stupid enough to pay $140K for a course that has no definite job prospect?

He took the risk and did not paid off. Now still want to kpkb for fuck?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

==

precisely my point - in case of mishaps...SIA highest payout.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

===

SIA different policy regarding cabin crew...they are blatantly running against government's drive of retiring later, but there are always exceptions.

Hardly you see brown kebayas around..even red kebayas are a rare sight.

Yes, SIA will never upgrade u de...stop dreaming...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha no wonder I have no complaints so far, haven't exceeded baggage allowance before :biggrin: yeah lah, SIA very cost conscious, that is why they can stay in profit or at least minimum loss compared to other airlines when times were bad, their fuel surcharge also always the highest. I only fly SIA for corporate travel or when they have promotions. Just saw they have promo again, $388 to HK, all inclusive price! :smile:

==

SIA has lost competitive edge liao...the level of food is deteriorating.

U know why they are able to stay in profit? They are quick to cut staff's pay....but one thing...they reward their shareholders alot LOL...i believe if you have held their shares since last year...u will be laughing to the bank...their dividend payout is good...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean there are people stupid enough to pay $140K for a course that has no definite job prospect?

He took the risk and did not paid off. Now still want to kpkb for fuck?

There's alot of dumb people in Spore, how about the civil servant who paid $$$ for a french cooking course? He has no intention of becoming a chef and for the same $$$ he could have eaten in a food court for years & years.:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
==

SIA has lost competitive edge liao...the level of food is deteriorating.

U know why they are able to stay in profit? They are quick to cut staff's pay....but one thing...they reward their shareholders alot LOL...i believe if you have held their shares since last year...u will be laughing to the bank...their dividend payout is good...

I don't expect anything from SIA that's why I give SIA a miss, preferring other airlines. :smile:

I don't even invest in the Spore market only investing in the US & Malaysia.

I have my doubts as to whether SIA has the highest payouts for passengers who get hurt:confused: If this was true why did the victims of the Taiwan accident sue SIA in the US courts:confused:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
==

precisely my point - in case of mishaps...SIA highest payout.

Haha you mean SIA has less chance of crash and so can afford to pay highest? i heard the safest airline is Qantas with zero record of crash so far. :biggrin:

Last edited: