• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Should I propose to my GF?

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My current lady boss will soon be expatriated out of Singapore. She is due for her new international posting in late 2022 or early 2023.

She spoke to me last week over coffee.

She said she wants to bring me along, to whichever country that HQ is internationally assigning her to.

She also said it will be good for my career path/ progression in the organisation, to expose myself to different countries, cultures and ways of working.

During our lunch together today, she again brought up this international assignment topic.

While I do agree with her in principle, I do have two personal concerns.

First, its my mother & younger brother.

I would probably get to see lesser of them, but I don't think it would not be a major problem once Covid subsides in the near future. With borders having less restrictions, I should be able to make personal visits home, if the international posting isn't far away from Singapore.

And hopefully no more lockdowns or new Covid variants.

Second is my GF.

I think it's going to be a sensitive topic to discuss with my GF. She has carved a good career in a good company in Singapore for a few good years now.

I doubt she would move to another country with me and start all over again in a strange land.

It was already tough for her, having to adapt back to Singapore's culture, people, singlish, local food and working environment, after spending so many years studying abroad.

So if I move and she stays, I think our RS isn't going to work out.

Over tea just now, I spoke and sought advice from a good friend/senior colleague from another division, who had previously being posted out of Singapore in his younger days.

He suggested why don't my GF and I get married before I move out of Singapore for the international assignment.

He said at least marriage would somewhat secure some personal commitment from both parties, as it has legal effect and consequences.

He added that our marital relationship would be stronger, and it would prevent any ”straying” on both sides, while we are living in separate countries.

Many Questions in My Confused Head Now

Should I propose to my GF and get it over and done with?

What if even after signing the ROM papers, I happen to "lose control" overseas?

For example (AND PURELY AS AN EXAMPLE) - I happen to stray and fall in love with my lady boss while working together overseas.

Will divorce with my current GF end up to be a messy legal thing to deal with? Or is it like straightforward matter - Go to court sign divorce papers and over and done with?

Also, will I have to part with 50% of my assets (including what I inherited from my late father) as a result of a piece of paper I sign to ensure love and commitment with my GF

Any suggestions on how should I tackle this dilemma?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the reason why indian executves are popular is their willingness to work anywhere overseas. Multinationals love this type.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
My current lady boss will soon be expatriated out of Singapore. She is due for her new international posting in late 2022 or early 2023.

She spoke to me last week over coffee.

She said she wants to bring me along, to whichever country that HQ is internationally assigning her to.

She also said it will be good for my career path/ progression in the organisation, to expose myself to different countries, cultures and ways of working.

During our lunch together today, she again brought up this international assignment topic.

While I do agree with her in principle, I do have two personal concerns.

First, its my mother & younger brother.

I would probably get to see lesser of them, but I don't think it would not be a major problem once Covid subsides in the near future. With borders having less restrictions, I should be able to make personal visits home, if the international posting isn't far away from Singapore.

And hopefully no more lockdowns or new Covid variants.

Second is my GF.

I think it's going to be a sensitive topic to discuss with my GF. She has carved a good career in a good company in Singapore for a few good years now.

I doubt she would move to another country with me and start all over again in a strange land.

It was already tough for her, having to adapt back to Singapore's culture, people, singlish, local food and working environment, after spending so many years studying abroad.

So if I move and she stays, I think our RS isn't going to work out.

Over tea just now, I spoke and sought advice from a good friend/senior colleague from another division, who had previously being posted out of Singapore in his younger days.

He suggested why don't my GF and I get married before I move out of Singapore for the international assignment.

He said at least marriage would somewhat secure some personal commitment from both parties, as it has legal effect and consequences.

He added that our marital relationship would be stronger, and it would prevent any ”straying” on both sides, while we are living in separate countries.

Many Questions in My Confused Head Now

Should I propose to my GF and get it over and done with?

What if even after signing the ROM papers, I happen to "lose control" overseas?

For example (AND PURELY AS AN EXAMPLE) - I happen to stray and fall in love with my lady boss while working together overseas.

Will divorce with my current GF end up to be a messy legal thing to deal with? Or is it like straightforward matter - Go to court sign divorce papers and over and done with?

Also, will I have to part with 50% of my assets (including what I inherited from my late father) as a result of a piece of paper I sign to ensure love and commitment with my GF

Any suggestions on how should I tackle this dilemma?
You shd propose to both... 1,3,5 to boss and 2,4,6 to Gf... Sunday rest and go church service the pastor asshole...

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
you sound like you are selling your backside to your boss, or your boss is buying your backside just to keep her entertained.

and you have a 'good friend' who guided you to "long biah" or bang your head to the wall!

very simple . . .

why'd a girl wanna married to you just becoz you are leaving her?

why'd your boss promote when you tell her "I ask my gf first"?

why'd such a good friend wanna ruin your gf's life, your promo overseas, and excavate your grave for you?