• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sharp, Panasonic, Sony - Are Jap electronic giants dying?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one industry in Japan that is doing extremely well is the AV industry. Heard many girls are getting in for the easy money and having fun.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one industry in Japan that is doing extremely well is the AV industry. Heard many girls are getting in for the easy money and having fun.

No, it is the photography industry, like sam leong trying to pimp his Nikon D4.

Nikon , Canon, sony, fujifilm, olympus and pentax dominated the world of photography.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I tend to agreed with this view.

Many people just follow others and buy the same brand without much thought.

I was shopping around for a TV and a sound system few months back . And all the big stores I looked around, i was pestered by salesmans to buy a particular Korean brand , citing low prices as an attraction.
One old lady even ended up buying that brand even when it is more expensive than the Japanese brand she initially wanted to buy after the salesman sweet talk to her.

A friend who works in this line disclosed that the Japanese products are still a better one compared to the competitors but the marketing strength of their competitors is way above them.

Sometimes, the products with more marketing gets more sales and not necessary the best quality.

Wah lau..... that is the point of hiring sale man mah..... to give the fence-sitter customers that little extra push

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC selling this brand Sansui (i think its from China) of electronic products and i bought a set of hifi (with DVD, MP3 and IPHONE feature) at around $80 with warranty. Even though the quality may not be as good as branded ones, but it serves the basic purpose. No complaint so far.

last time Sansui was a well respected hifi brand......................now jialat liao.................

monkey001

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharp is now 100 years old and the warning is dire. They are about to fold. Only Sony is seeing some small profit and yes, the Koreans has overtaken the Japs and beat them at their own game. The Chinese has still some ways to go but improving due to their domestic market. It will take them a few more years to rival the Koreans.

there's a book called who shifted my bananas.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In another sign of China’s manufacturing ascent as Japan struggles, the Taiwanese giant Foxconn Technology will become the largest shareholder in Sharp, a former exemplar of Japan’s electronics empire that has fallen on hard times.

I thought the japs colonise the taiwanese. looks like its a reverse takeover.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
serious ah? never heard of this brand b4 until recently

another well respected brand that became jialat .....................Akai................

i think now Akai and Sansui no longer owned by Japs................otherwise they won't be making mass market products............

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anybody remember Aiwa.... :biggrin:

Think my second or was it 3rd walkman...look sumting like dis...damn...so long ago...

images

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Think my second or was it 3rd walkman...look sumting like dis...damn...so long ago...

images

The headphone classic siah...haha...my first Walkman was also Aiwa...after that upgrade to Sony Walkman with built in radio turner....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The headphone classic siah...haha...my first Walkman was also Aiwa...after that upgrade to Sony Walkman with built in radio turner....

Yah...back then not much choice for hp...all mostly use de stock 1...open type...u be in trouble sitting beside a crazy fella full blast de hp on bus...:biggrin: