• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sharp, Panasonic, Sony - Are Jap electronic giants dying?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What? The great japan dying? I thought the japs were so superior and the chinese so inferior? Therefore how could this be happening? It should be the opposite what. How can japan fail since they are so superior?

Better ask cruxx or sam leong.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Know someone who has a whole collection of classical music LP, he is going to throw away all of them guess around 200 pieces he has transfer all to cd......:smile:

Don't...i did tat many years ago...being kicking myself for it all dis yrs...if possible jus store them in a dry cool place...or sell it to LP lovers...de combination of a good TT and tube amp...nothing come close...

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't...i did tat many years ago...being kicking myself for it all dis yrs...if possible jus store them in a dry cool place...or sell it to LP lovers...de combination of a good TT and tube amp...nothing come close...

Thanks, will do that.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time Sansui was a well respected hifi brand......................now jialat liao.................

Nakamichi still very good, dio boh? Haven't got it yet.

last time Sansui was a well respected hifi brand......................now jialat liao.................

another well respected brand that became jialat .....................Akai................

i think now Akai and Sansui no longer owned by Japs................otherwise they won't be making mass market products............

For a long time now, these Jap brands,Nakamichi, Akai and Sansui, are owned by Hongkong & Macau businessmen. But the holdings company, Grande, is currently being wind up due to massive losses.

http://www.grandeholdings.com/english/company_info.php

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anybody remember Aiwa.... :biggrin:

No longer around. Sony closed that division many years ago.
But I saw someone still using the mini radio with aiwa earphones. Jap stuff very reliable. :wink:

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm more interested in the number of Singaporean products you've ever owned.

Does Pineapple computer from Goh Electronics in People's Park Centre count?

I almost bought a Datamini PC from them as well.

Also, Creative Tech used to have a speech sound card for Apple II computers.

Goh Electronics became GES Int'l later, now a Venture subsidiary.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teac not much heard nowadays. Denon still strong particularly in receivers.

Teac has a few divisions, the consumer products are mainly rebranded China-made stuff. A few years ago, they were selling TVs in Woolies supermarket in Australia.

Denon just won a Product of the Year award for one of its receivers.

Anyone uses JVC?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teac not much heard nowadays. Denon still strong particularly in receivers.

Thinking of changing my present hifi set, Speakers B&W 803 series, amp Bryston 9B sst, sp1.7 Bryston processor and preamp, Denon cd player, Benchmark DAC 1.
Looking at earthquake sound system or back to B&W.....:smile:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teac has a few divisions, the consumer products are mainly rebranded China-made stuff. A few years ago, they were selling TVs in Woolies supermarket in Australia.

Denon just won a Product of the Year award for one of its receivers.

Anyone uses JVC?

I believe JVC has some well reviewed front projectors.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of changing my present hifi set, Speakers B&W 803 series, amp Bryston 9B sst, sp1.7 Bryston processor and preamp, Denon cd player, Benchmark DAC 1.
Looking at earthquake sound system or back to B&W.....:smile:

You are talking about stereo hifi and not av. Hifi is a funny thing. A lot depends on the kind of music you normally listen to. If you listen to a wide range of music, a flat response system is probably the desired system. Many British systems are designed along this principle. Some exoteric systems subtly enhance part of the response curve, for example the mid-range for strong vocals or bass and high to bring in the atmosphere, only a slight touch.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Work Towards Poor Koreans

What? The great japan dying? I thought the japs were so superior and the chinese so inferior? Therefore how could this be happening? It should be the opposite what. How can japan fail since they are so superior?

Better ask cruxx or sam leong.

Cyclical, I think. Not karma but is everyone's luck sinusoidal ? Japs had their fair share of good lucks but now they ran out of luck while its war victims are now rising fast to replace them as the examples of successes. Japan must now pay its due ? I dono.

My dad and granddad used to say that they used to see Koreans staying put on the deck of the ship watching my grandpa working giving order to his workers when they came here in the 70s. Koreans no money mah, very poor, so they cannot come down to consume goods and services in Sinkiesland. I think maybe Sinkiesland's stuff was also ex for them.

My good grandpa went up the ships and gave them bags of buns for free. And they were all very appreciative of his kind gesture and they bowed and thanked him. I'm proud of him. :smile: