• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shane Todd's murder cover-up

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 3.40AM his hardrive was accessed remotely!!

Please. This is not about PAP. I told the story of the Indonesian student because even though the circumstances were different, the reactions and the conspiracy theories and the stages of grief are identical. There are enough facts out there for sane people to draw the correct inferences.

And I have pointed sufficient inconsistencies from the testimonies to suggest that the PAP's story line can't pass the smell test.

Reinforcing the parents' line of attack will not help them come out of this. That's the first rule of psychiatry, and I am not a psychiatrist but I know from experience from others.

Address those inconsistencies then. The parents took that line because the SPF and IME refused to answer their questions. Since they couldn't get answers directly, they decided to get their political representatives involved. Aside, American voters have more clout than sinkee voters.
Despite their current emotional state, I don't know enough to say that their contention is triggered by grief. If you are saying that you are right, then you are claiming to know more about them than most of us.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never said depression is a dead sentence. Medication helps a lot. The trick is ensure your loved ones or friends that suffers from it keep to their medication and go for their regular medical visit. Its affects people across ethnicity, social and wealth class. I have encountered enough cases to know what is a common outlet. Can you blame them. I however never came across a depressed person robbing a bank or committing cheating.

Any rational person reading reports from the on-going inquiry can form a pretty decent opinion.

The security level of classified research work is very high. he was not doing anything classified in the first place. Unless all his colleagues lied. Common sense is needed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you think Coroner's Inquiry is for? This is where all the questions are asked. The Singapore Police Force is not operating an information desk for museum tours where people turn up and ask questions about food outlet, closing times etc. They are there to investigate and guess what, as the parents are part of the investigation as well as all his associates, girlfriend and neighbour. They have to answer questions as well. DId you know the parents have refused to cooperate on a number of issues including his medical past in the US.

The Police and Coroner's obligations are to protect the interest of the deceased and not the parents.

The parents took that line because the SPF and IME refused to answer their questions. Since they couldn't get answers directly, they decided to get their political representatives involved. Aside, American voters have more clout than sinkee voters.
Despite their current emotional state, I don't know enough to say that their contention is triggered by grief. If you are saying that you are right, then you are claiming to know more about them than most of us.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I never said depression is a dead sentence. Medication helps a lot. The trick is ensure your loved ones or friends that suffers from it keep to their medication and go for their regular medical visit. Its affects people across ethnicity, social and wealth class. I have encountered enough cases to know what is a common outlet. Can you blame them. I however never came across a depressed person robbing a bank or committing cheating.

Depressed individuals do NOT need to medication forever. There are coping techniques that can be used. Just because an individual has a bout of depression, it does not mean he has it for life and needs constant medical supervision.
So, Todd saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed him as depressed. But was his depression so severe that Todd would kill himself. The psychiatrist doesn't think so. His girlfriend doesn't think so. But the PAP & you think so. I raise my hands in disbelief.

Any rational person reading reports from the on-going inquiry can form a pretty decent opinion.

I have a decent opinion that Todd's death is suicide. And I follow ALL the media reports I come across. When I read the PAP-Press report, I look for pertinent facts, not swallow hook, line and sinker. The PAP-press sells the PAP story line and I don't buy that story line. I see inconsistencies.

The security level of classified research work is very high. he was not doing anything classified in the first place. Unless all his colleagues lied. Common sense is needed.

The colleagues - most of them are Ah Tiongs - lied. But they also made a major slip. IME and Huawei had stated that they had no collaboration. The Ah Tiong testified that IME and Huaiwei collaborated on testing.
The research work done by Todd involving the technology was sensitive enough that the vendor limited the knowledge transfer to observation and making notes. The research had dual purpose. More importantly, there seems to be a PAP-mandate to hide the fact that IME is helping PRC acquire US technology. Tell me that isn't true?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sensing that you one of few lucky ones that has not encountered or met a person with depression. At the very first meeting that a medical doctor does to a possible depression is to ask a series of questions and the last one is " do you think of harming yourself or taking your life." Why you think they ask that.

Which medical doctor is dumb enough to turn up at a Coroner's Inquiry and admit that his patient wanted to kill himself and fail to seek admission or proceed with committal procedures. And not all kill themselves or tell that doctor that they will kill themselves.

Depressed individuals do NOT need to medication forever. There are coping techniques that can be used. Just because an individual has a bout of depression, it does not mean he has it for life and needs constant medical supervision.
So, Todd saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed him as depressed. But was his depression so severe that Todd would kill himself. The psychiatrist doesn't think so. His girlfriend doesn't think so. But the PAP & you think so. I raise my hands in disbelief.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's baloney. His colleagues have already testified on the type of research he was involved in. He was the sole liaison with the US company providing the technology. So, where did you get your facts from? The PAP?

One of his colleagues at IME has already testified he was simply tasked with logistical matters and not anything serious. In most research organisations around the globe Todd's first job upon graduation with a PhD would be considered a "post-doc".

Looks like the FBI and US Embassy were already long acquainted with all aspects of this incident. Hence, their reluctance to do go to bat aggressively for the parents. Not even a single public statement has been made by the US Embassy, which is very unusual considered an American citizen who has died abroad in supposedly suspicious circumstances with all the hoopla generated by a lengthy story in the FT. I am quite sure the Embassy will just do the minimum, as in providing consular services, to humour the parents.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This Todd character was hardly important enough to be murdered.

The parents are conjuring up a posthumous ego trip for their very ordinary son with an equally ordinary job.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shane Todd cover up - The contradictions emerge

Bharadvaj | May 18 1:55am | Permalink
It's lame for the authorities to say that they didn't suspect a foul play. Firstly, it's a young expat. Secondly, it's a case of unnatural death. The guy had already resigned from his employment and was purportedly leaving for his home country in next two days' time. Under the circumstances, one cannot rule out any possibility. The Police may not have had reasons to suspect foul play yet, but they had no reasons to rule out such possibility either.

Police has acted mechanically like an algorithm without keeping in mind the potential possibilities and sensitivities in this case. Certainly, the way this case has been handled asks for soul searching, something is not quite right.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

This Todd character was hardly important enough to be murdered.

The parents are conjuring up a posthumous ego trip for their very ordinary son with an equally ordinary job.

Agree! Please UP my points! :biggrin:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The parents watch too much action movies. So drama, trying to make the son sound like a hero instead of a weakling.

The father being a religious figure, it is hard to accept that the son will commit suicide because that is like going to hell. How to make a living after that? Less people will believe you can help when your own son commit suicide.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Shane Todd Autopsy photos!!

You know why no one has an image of PRC Intelligence Agent or how one looks like? They are the only agency that use a cut-off as their main operating doctrine. Businessmen, students, chicken, you name it , they use anyone who is an ethnic chinese of any nationality. That is why you never hear of any of their agents getting captured. It is so bad that even innocent ethnic chinese now face being hired for sensitive jobs as a challenge even if they are 1st and 2nd generation in their new country. The old days are gone.

wow this is really good for the prc to be doing.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What do you think Coroner's Inquiry is for? This is where all the questions are asked. The Singapore Police Force is not operating an information desk for museum tours where people turn up and ask questions about food outlet, closing times etc. They are there to investigate and guess what, as the parents are part of the investigation as well as all his associates, girlfriend and neighbour. They have to answer questions as well. Did you know the parents have refused to cooperate on a number of issues including his medical past in the US.

The Police and Coroner's obligations are to protect the interest of the deceased and not the parents.

Then why did the SPF conclude that the death was a suicide before the Coroner hearings? Would there be a coroner hearing if the parents did not make his death an issue?
If the parents did not cooperate with the SPF, it is because the SPF had already set the tone of the investigation.
Who better represents the interests of the deceased? The cops or the parents? From the onset, the SPF have already concluded that it will be treated as a suicide. When the parents raised another possibly, NO attempt was made to explore that angle. The SPF just wanted the death to be treated as a suicide. If not for the publicity created by the parents, this whole matter would have been swept under the carpet.

You trivialize Todd's death? What's your bloody agenda?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

He wasn't important but he knew enough to tell the US of sinkapore's complicity in the illicit transfer of US technology to PRC.

Are you saying that Ang Mohs have better technology than those who have 5000 years of recorded history behind them?

I'm sure the Chinese are far more worried about the transfer of their technology to the Yanks.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

The parents watch too much action movies. So drama, trying to make the son sound like a hero instead of a weakling.

The father being a religious figure, it is hard to accept that the son will commit suicide because that is like going to hell. How to make a living after that? Less people will believe you can help when your own son commit suicide.

and they die die must stick to their story. even when proven otherwise. the more they stick to it, not only save face, but confirm can sell story or make movie, earn money.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you saying that Ang Mohs have better technology than those who have 5000 years of recorded history behind them?

I'm sure the Chinese are far more worried about the transfer of their technology to the Yanks.

tears trickled down my balls when i read this....

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I thought coroner enquiry is all for unnatural death cases?

If every death even those not suspicious ones, police investigate like murder, the police would be chasing shadow for nothing right? I heard some DNA tests are in thousands per test. Dunno true or not.

How to explain to people who are unreasonable? You ever try to explain things to women but they just refuse to see your point? Same lah.

Agenda? Dun waste too much taxpayers money on a bloody FT.

Then why did the SPF conclude that the death was a suicide before the Coroner hearings? Would there be a coroner hearing if the parents did not make his death an issue?
If the parents did not cooperate with the SPF, it is because the SPF had already set the tone of the investigation.
Who better represents the interests of the deceased? The cops or the parents? From the onset, the SPF have already concluded that it will be treated as a suicide. When the parents raised another possibly, NO attempt was made to explore that angle. The SPF just wanted the death to be treated as a suicide. If not for the publicity created by the parents, this whole matter would have been swept under the carpet.

You trivialize Todd's death? What's your bloody agenda?

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact is that the parents had concocted a story of a hidden HDD which SPF missed. The fact is that the HDD was already found, stupidly accessed by the investigator before passing it to them.

On this point itself, I would discount everything they are saying. Liers.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The fact is that the parents had concocted a story of a hidden HDD which SPF missed. The fact is that the HDD was already found, stupidly accessed by the investigator before passing it to them.

On this point itself, I would discount everything they are saying. Liers.

there was the possibility that the spf accessed the laptop with the external hdd connected to it at todd's apartment after his body was found. exact copies of files and folders on the external hdd could also be made on the internal hdd in the laptop. and it was also possible that they took the laptop by disconnecting the hdd thinking it was a speaker, and left it on the table.