• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameless Fat Ass Waiter Benitez is desperate to return to the San Siro

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Friday 9th September 2011

555950_33_preview.jpg

Benitez open to Inter return

Former Inter Milan boss Rafa Benitez has revealed he has not ruled out returning to the San Siro at some stage in the future.

The Spanish manager spent six months at the helm of the Nerazzurri last year after joining in June following his Liverpool exit. Benitez, who departed the Serie A giants after disappointing results in the league, despite picking up a Supercoppa Italiana and Club World Cup title, feels he did not have the backing of the club in the transfer market.

But after seeing Inter strengthen their squad since his exit Benitez, currently without a club, refused to rule out a return. He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "With the fans I've always had a great relationship, they always gave me support. "Yes, maybe I would return. Certainly we'd need to clear up a few issues, but I don't have problems with anyone.

"For me it was a great experience: I won two trophies in six months, one of which was one that president (Massimo) Moratti and the fans had been waiting for for many years, the Intercontinental Cup." He added: "They have purchased players, which shows it was needed. "The problem is they had to do it before - buy and rejuvenate. If they did with me we would have won again."

Benitez has revealed he was keen to enlist the services of Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt and Manchester United defender Patrice Evra during his time at the San Siro. And the manager says Alexis Sanchez and Javier Mascherano, both now at Barcelona, as well as Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic were also on his radar.

He added: "It's true that I asked to reinforce with Mascherano, Kuyt, Evra and Jovetic, and Alexis Sanchez in January, when he still cost half of what Barcelona paid for him." Benitez has not managed since his spell at Inter and the Spaniard says, like fellow unemployed coaches Carlo Ancelotti and Marcello Lippi, he is waiting for a team which he can lead to European success.

He said: "We all three seek a team which can win the Champions League."

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fluke or not...a win is a win..

Man u vs bayern oso fluke...tks to soljskaer. - lucky no.1

man u vs chelsea oso fluke...tks to anelka - lucky no.2

barca vs man u not fluke...man u kenna beaten sound & just..lol - eat humble pie

lol...............

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ahem...to be fair..he won CL before..with Liverpool.

Sorry but with the current Barca team along with Fabregas, Sanchez and their youth product Gerard Deulofeu errr.... my toes were laughing when Allegri was playing mind games saying that they can beat the Catalans. :eek::biggrin:

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ahem...to be fair..he won CL before..with Liverpool.

Tuesday 11th October 2011

688319_33_preview.jpg

Reina: Benitez had no Anfield future

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina admits in his new book that the club were heading for relegation under former manager Rafa Benitez.

Reina revealed that the Spanish manager had lost the dressing room and the time was right for him to leave. "When Rafa left Liverpool at the end of the 2009-10 season, I knew that it was the right time for him to go," Reina said.

"It hurts me to say that, but the wheels had come off by then and there was no guarantee that he was going to be able to put them back on.

"I know that I will be for ever in his debt for what he has done for my football career, and it is never nice when a manager leaves or loses his job, but there are times when, for whatever reason, the methods that have been bringing a manager so much success just stop working.

"When this happens, the club has to make a decision about whether you will be able to get back to winning ways again, or if it is time to look for a new manager who might be able to freshen things up, just by having a different approach.

"Liverpool wanted to go down the latter route and it was probably the right decision. "I was upset, obviously, because it is always sad when a manager loses his job, but even more so when he has been as important to your career as Rafa has been to mine.

"But I also thought half of the dressing room was not happy and so, probably, for the club if not for me personally, it was the best outcome for everyone." Reina explained that he first began to realise the Reds were in serious trouble when they lost 3-0 to Espanyol in a pre-season friendly at the start of August 2009.

"They beat us 3-0 and could have scored more. When I came off the pitch there was a part of me that thought, 'If we carry on like this, we are going to get relegated'," he said. "It was as if someone had flicked a switch at the end of the previous season and we had gone from being a really strong team to a really weak one.

"It was clear that we were nowhere near the level that we wanted to be at. When there are problems at a big club and the atmosphere turns, one of the first comments to be made is always that the manager has lost the dressing room.

"In this case there were still players who supported the manager, but obviously there were others who were not too happy with him for different reasons. "My own opinion was clear - I liked Rafa and continued to support him - but I cannot speak for everyone.

"Sadly for Rafa, we went from second place in the Premier League one season to seventh place the next and that was always going to result in him coming under pressure.

688320_10_preview.jpg

Reina, who is the quickest goalkeeper in Liverpool history to keep a half century of clean sheets, said Liverpool suffered because they failed to properly fill the gap left by the departures of quality players like Xabi Alonso, Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant.

"Signings were made with the idea of making improvements to the team, but the reality was that the ones who came in were not of the same standard as the ones who had left," he said.

"You can look at the players who came in and ask why they didn't deliver, because no footballer can ever be free of responsibility. "But, in football, the buck always stops with the manager. If he makes signings that don't work out then it won't be long before the people who run the club are going to ask questions.

"Had someone said to me at the end of the 2008-09 season, when we came so close to winning the league, that just 12 months later the manager would be gone, I wouldn't have believed them," he added. "But that is football.

It is not about what you might have done in the past, it is about what you are doing in the here and now and what you are going to do in the future. "None of us can live on past glories.

"The moment any of us think that we can is the moment that decisions about our future are taken out of our hands - if I have a really poor season in goal, the chances are that Liverpool will start looking at the possibility of replacing me."

Benitez left Liverpool at the end of the 2009/10 season and was replaced by Roy Hodgson. The former Fulham manager was sacked midway through to the 2010/11 season allowing current manager Kenny Dalglish to assume the hot seat.

jw5

Loyal
I just saw an interview with this arsehole where he claimed that he wanted to win the premier league and the champions league "again".
He knows that Arsene is under pressure, and Harry may take over England, so his fat ass is circling around the top clubs in the BPL.
Can never forget one post match interview he did, the reporter merely asked what he thought of the match and he replied "Were u watching the game?". Just because his team lost.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Benitez throws hat into England ring

13 November 2011

12427287250.jpg

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez wants to be considered for the England manager's job when Fabio Capello steps down.

The ex-Real Madrid boss has already made it clear that he intends to leave after the European Championship campaign in Poland and Ukraine.
Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson and Italian Capello have both managed the Three Lions, but there has been a groundswell of support, led by the FA, in favour of the next national team boss being an Englishman.

Nevertheless, Benitez appears to be interested in the role.
When quizzed whether he might be tempted to manage England or Spain, the ex-Valencia and Inter boss told Sky Sports News: "Yes, why not? Everyone is asking you in Spain 'Do you want to be the manager in the future'?""And in England now everybody is talking about the position of Capello."

"I think you have to respect the (incumbent) managers - that is the first thing - they are working and they have to carry on and see what happens in the future."
"But, as a manager, always you are thinking about to have a big challenge like Spain or England but we have to wait."

Benitez's last job was an ill-fated six-month stint at Inter before he parted ways with the club in December last year.
He will soon have been out of the managerial game for a year, but the Spaniard insists that he has had several offers on the table.

"I have had some offers in Asia, in Russia, in South America," Benitez said.
"You always talk about big money not in this country but my priority is in Europe - the Premier League was the first idea.""If we don't have any option, a club that will be at the maximum level, then we will find another one."