• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Woman's home is flooded because neighbour downstairs grew 'a froest' on balcony

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1671964154839.png

"I need help, please. And I don't know where to ask anymore as I have been to all the respective authorities but no use," said the individual concerned

SINGAPORE – A Heritage East condominium resident is at her wits end after talking to all the relevant authorities regarding a flooding issue which hasn’t been resolved.

“I need help, please. And I don’t know where to ask anymore as I have been to all the respective authorities but no use,” said a Facebook group member on Thursday (Dec 22).

The resident revealed that her entire house was flooded on Nov 30. After calling a plumber, they discovered large creeping roots in the main pipe.

“But they told me they can’t clear it unless it is chopped from the main source, allegedly from the third floor underneath my unit, who uses the balcony area as (a) planter and grows a forest.”

The resident said that she must manually scoop the water from her balcony area every time it rains to prevent it from entering the house.

“I can’t sleep, and I’m worried at any given time, my cat and I will be electrocuted.” She added that the stagnant water attracts mosquitoes.

The level two unit also faces the same issue, but they took a shortcut by creating a side output to let the water flow out from their balcony.

According to the resident, the National Environment Agency will look into the matter within three to five working days.

The unit owner concerned also received a notice, “but she doesn’t care.”

“My lawyer friend said it’s not the police jurisdiction since it’s considered a personal dispute. Appreciate any feedback but please, no malicious comments. I’m at the edge of a breakdown already,” the resident added.

She noted in a comment that she poured industrial bleach, Magic Clean, a root killer, and Mr Muscle into the pipe but it didn’t help with the issue.

One Foxscout Sg said in a comment that main pipes are shared between all units and under the jurisdiction of the Management Corporation Strata Title (MCST).

“So you have to request the chairman for permission to raise it with MCST during their monthly meeting and bring to their attention the common property, which is under their responsibility to address the problem. Then make an application together with MCST to the Strata title board for action to be taken to order your neighbour to remove the plants which are the problems and share the cost of $500 with MCST for the application. A managing agent who is acting on behalf of MCST should assist in making the application since their office has legal representation.

https://theindependent.sg/residents...-main-pipe-from-downstairs-neighbours-forest/

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-get-electrocuted-i-need-help-please.6853175/

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just give tit for tat,
I used to stay in a place where a fella downstairs will play computer games and on the volume so loud that it felt that the whole place was vibrating.
Polite reminders to lower volume did not help until I decide to play basketball in my hall whenever he was too noisy and very soon the volume was reduced to a reasonable level.
I am not sure if the dirty glare and menacing body language whenever I see him helps though

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“So you have to request the chairman for permission to raise it with MCST during their monthly meeting and bring to their attention the common property, which is under their responsibility to address the problem. Then make an application together with MCST to the Strata title board for action to be taken to order your neighbour to remove the plants which are the problems and share the cost of $500 with MCST for the application. A managing agent who is acting on behalf of MCST should assist in making the application since their office has legal representation.

The solution is right there. So what's she so upset about?

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple fix..pay contractor to drill a few drain holes on your balcony floor so that all flood water will automatically
be returned to sender below. problem solved.