• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SG Special Forces soldier becomes a monk

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
more and more sgp woman become nun

A spokesman for Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery in Bright Hill Road says, however, that there has been a surge of spirituality among the younger generation who are searching for a more meaningful life beyond material pursuits. He adds: "Young people who took up monastic vows today are working professionals with life experiences who seek a higher purpose in life."
Screenshot_2019-03-05-14-46-23-820_com.cloudmosa.puffinFree.jpg

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something's not quite right. I always thought all monks, even though of different faiths, nevertheless share a common rule of shunning publicity and eschewing self-aggrandisement. This monk is doing the very opposite.

I hope His Holiness, the Dalai Lama Goh Meng Seng, Singapore politician and Buddhist extraordinaire, can shed some holy light on this.

This is one of the "rules" (from the book, "Path of Life") of the Benedictine monks and nuns.

1551770092900.png

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For sure it is.

OC of Neighbourhood Police Post used to be Insp. Now, it’s Supt. Instead of ‘Post,’ it’s ‘Centre’ now. They don’t call these buggers OC now. They are known as Commanding Officers.

In the land divisions, Commander used to be DSP or Supt. Now, they are AC and SAC rank.

Sadly, standards went down during KBH’s stint. Didn’t help when NJH took over. Current chap is doing a much better job.

It appears that nowadays, there are numerous Supt.
I believe that an ASP is sufficient to be be the OC of Neighbourhood Police Post.
The govt is paying too much to have a Supt be the OC or now CO.

Commander of Land Divisions may require a Supt or a DAC, but not an AC, and definitely not a SAC.

KBH and CCK were the two SAFOS whom the SAF has to find a place to "dump" after their fiasco when they were were Captains.
So, the govt. send them to the SPF, and subsequently created the SPF Overseas Scholarship.
Fortunately, for KBH and CCK, they appeared to have done well, and were promoted as high as the sky when they were at SPF and Singapore Prison Service.
I believe that both KBH and NJH were not suitable to be the Commissioner.

Hoong is an old school Commissioner, much like Tee Tua Bah.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
A team from this forum would have done the job too. Led by Leongsam.
Still have to credit Fred and his sof mates.

They didn't know hijackers possession of what kind of weapons or ammunition ability.
Even the hijackers hold only plastic knife and pop pop as explosive weapons.
No one knew till they stromed in.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still have to credit Fred and his sof mates.

They didn't know hijackers possession of what kind of weapons or ammunition ability.
Even the hijackers hold only plastic knife and pop pop as explosive weapons.
No one knew till they stromed in.

I agree.
Those hijackers could have released a hand grenade, and poof, any of the SAF commandos could have gone up in smoke.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also wish to volunteer, as a runner, who is now unable to run as fast.
May be, one of you, can be the team leader, because I am too old, and afraid to "jump"
U command I and froggy ah meng glockmen jw sweetie muashi chiong in front.

Gd handcuff them and interrogate them
Nyr69sg mo.
Kopi tofeed them meals.cookhouse ic
Gin be lock up with them .

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U command I and froggy ah meng glockmen jw sweetie muashi chiong in front.

Gd handcuff them and interrogate them
Nyr69sg mo.
Kopi tofeed them meals.cookhouse ic
Gin be lock up with them .

I am flattered.
Almost a senior citizen by calendar age, but have to train a few weeks to achieve IPPT Gold, but now not as daring to "jump" or "fly".
May be, I should ask my buddy, then CPT Neo Keng Kok, to lead, and I will be his runner.
[Raiders] be the point man.
All volunteers, assemble or fall in, for the next possible mission.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am flattered.
Almost a senior citizen by calendar age, but have to train a few weeks to achieve IPPT Gold, but now not as daring to "jump" or "fly".
May be, I should ask my buddy, then CPT Neo Keng Kok, to lead, and I will be his runner.
[Raiders] be the point man.
All volunteers, assemble or fall in, for the next possible mission.
Sir Charlie,

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore: Uncle Chan, 85, completes his 101st 42km race

071215scms.jpg

How many nsf or 20yrs to 40 yrs can complete full 42.195km.

Believe in staying strong.
U can be fit in your own ways.:thumbsup:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very well.
I am 176 cm, and 62 kg, but have never ran the marathon.
Std Obstacle course with SBO in 6.5 minute, and 10 km in SBO under 60 minutes

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably this Fred is good soldier. Follow the book. Care for men. Dont por lumpar.

Good soldier. But SAF is more about the fake stuff wayang

There's a good reason why all anti-terrorists/SOF troopers all around the world wear balaclavas. It's for anonymity and security reasons. It's security not only for themselves but their own fellow troopers, families and everyone else about them.

There's was zero chance that CNA would have known he was one of the SOF troopers who stormed SQ117. He volunteered that information readily, eager to tell one and all about it and lap up the recognition, glory and adulation that he thought would follow.

Notwithstanding being a "monk", his ego and vanity was more important to him than the security of his fellow troopers and his family members. His ego and vanity overrode his sworn declaration of secrecy. He has breached Section 5(1)(e)(i) & (iv) of the Official Secrets Act, not about the hijack which everyone knew about, but by providing the identity of who participated in it (himself).

From that one useful lead, revenge attacks may follow.

Hopefully, any revenge attack is targeted only at him only and not at others, especially his fellow SOF troopers whose identity can now be easily uncovered by those bent on revenge having been given one useful lead from this egoist and vainpot.

A soldier who gives in to his ego and vanities is not a "good soldier". He is a fucked-up one, ready to trade the security and lives of his fellow troopers, family members and those around him for his personal five minutes of fame and glory.

A monk who gives in to his ego and vanities is not a monk. He is a fucked-up fake monk.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck to this egoist and vainpot of a "monk". My sympathies to the rest of the SOF troopers whose lives have now been put in danger by his ego and vanity.

Extract from the book "Pakistan: A Personal History" by Imran Khan, current Prime Minister of Pakistan.

1551831351700.png

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
must give this gallant soldier the salutation he dutifully earned...SIR!!!
yes he has exchanged his rifle for the Buddhist vows - we should respect his wish and hope he can teach the world something about non violence and benevolence.

"..yes the moment you drop your knife, you become a Buddha..." if you don't understand this, please don't talk cock and bull ok....and pls don't throw m&d and poison at other religions....the poison will return to your own mouth ...so be very careful when you spout garbages about people and religion...karma is very very real..so be very very careful hor..

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's a good reason why all anti-terrorists/SOF troopers all around the world wear balaclavas. It's for anonymity and security reasons. It's security not only for themselves but their own fellow troopers, families and everyone else about them.

There's was zero chance that CNA would have known he was one of the SOF troopers who stormed SQ117. He volunteered that information readily, eager to tell one and all about it and lap up the recognition, glory and adulation that he thought would follow.

Notwithstanding being a "monk", his ego and vanity was more important to him than the security of his fellow troopers and his family members. His ego and vanity overrode his sworn declaration of secrecy. He has breached Section 5(1)(e)(i) & (iv) of the Official Secrets Act, not about the hijack which everyone knew about, but by providing the identity of who participated in it (himself).

From that one useful lead, revenge attacks may follow.

Hopefully, any revenge attack is targeted only at him only and not at others, especially his fellow SOF troopers whose identity can now be easily uncovered by those bent on revenge having been given one useful lead from this egoist and vainpot.

A soldier who gives in to his ego and vanities is not a "good soldier". He is a fucked-up one, ready to trade the security and lives of his fellow troopers, family members and those around him for his personal five minutes of fame and glory.

A monk who gives in to his ego and vanities is not a monk. He is a fucked-up fake monk.

I totally agree... he should be very careful when talking to the press. as a monk, he should control his thoughts, his speech and his actions. the past glory is all gone and dead. they have all gone - fade away. the future we don't know. be in the present with no ego, no identity and with nothing....seek your own liberation and freedom from suffering without jeopardizing others....I agree with you SIR!!!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "old" LTC Fred Cheong and his team was just following Orders from the Top to storm SQ117.

ask any Logician and will tell you Cheong and teammates are Not killers.

they are just the "weapons" used to do get the Job done. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree... he should be very careful when talking to the press. as a monk, he should control his thoughts, his speech and his actions. the past glory is all gone and dead. they have all gone - fade away. the future we don't know. be in the present with no ego, no identity and with nothing....seek your own liberation and freedom from suffering without jeopardizing others....I agree with you SIR!!!

Monks and nuns talk to the media all the time.

You should be quite annoyed with the monks who vlog and live stream on Youtube. :rolleyes: