• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SG Special Forces soldier becomes a monk

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN you are very a informative forummer KNN passing off a closest loved ones can be very devastating in the worse case suicide KNN my uncle knew someone who during his peak of his life lost his beautiful lovely wife due to sickness at a very young age within months of their blissful marriage and this guy turned to monkhood and never been seen again for 30 years (including his family member) KNN very sad case KNN moral of story is it is better not to love someone too deeply in any forms of love KNN the payback will be even deeper KNN
but it's better to have loved and lost, than never having loved at all.
and as to how deep is your love, it's all up to oneself; either deeper that the widest ocean, wider than a mile - or just plain balls-deep :inlove:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Chief commandos retired as COL.

BG Chiang is an exception.He was Chief commando but he was posted as Chief infantry which normally is BG just before he retired.

There is this BG David Neo, Commander of 3 Division.
Most of the commanders were Colonels when appointed to be Division Commanders, and thereafter promoted to BG (such as Chiang Hock Woon).
But there must be something special about Neo, as a BG when appointed as Commander of 3 Division.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is this BG David Neo, Commander of 3 Division.
Most of the commanders were Colonels when appointed to be Division Commanders, and thereafter promoted to BG (such as Chiang Hock Woon).
But there must be something special about Neo, as a BG when appointed as Commander of 3 Division.
I saying commando most and max retired as COL.
Except for Chiang.
Look at Simon Lim and Nicholas Ang
Retired as COL and Chief of commando .

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiang hand over to chief commando to Simon.
20190304_230425.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saying commando most and max retired as COL.
Except for Chiang.
Look at Simon Lim and Nicholas Ang
Retired as COL and Chief of commando .

OK.
I am aware of that.
There has never been a CCO who was promoted to BG.
BG Lam was a Colonel when he was CCO and Commander SOTF.
But Lam was promoted to BG when he was Commander of PDF.
That BG David Neo, was not CCO.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Lam ST, to Chiang HW, to Simon Lim, to Nicholas Ang, to Kenny Tay.
So far, Kenny Tay, looks the most garang.
I wonder why LTC Fred Cheong, was not promoted to Colonel.
Any one served with and/or for him?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Lam ST, to Chiang HW, to Simon Lim, to Nicholas Ang, to Kenny Tay.
So far, Kenny Tay, looks the most garang.
I wonder why LTC Fred Cheong, was not promoted to Colonel.
Any one served with and/or for him?
Not a graduate.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a graduate.

I had a colleague, same batch at OCS, and at HQ 2 SIB, and he had A levels, but rose to be a Colonel (always been a Manpower Officer, Assistant S1 at Brigade HQ during NS, and thereafter at OPC, MINDEF).
Often, I wonder, how he made it to be a Colonel.
Nothing special about him.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a colleague, same batch at OCS, and at HQ 2 SIB, and he had A levels, but rose to be a Colonel (always been a Manpower Officer, Assistant S1 at Brigade HQ during NS, and thereafter at OPC, MINDEF).
Often, I wonder, how he made it to be a Colonel.
Nothing special about him.
He likely have further his studies with the support from mindef.