• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean girl looking for job asks Boss to interview her online instead of coming in-person, Boss says fuck off, not hiring you liao!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1663475164140.png

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/cancel-interview-because-virtual-meeting/

GaoFar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know why we needed Foreign Talents? Better still, AI in near future as machines will not KPKB, Chao Keng... etc... like Sinkies

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical Sinkie SME boss. Lanjiao internship also want to meet in person. All the major companies are using virtual meetings to at least do a first round.

That's why Sinkie bosses are the worst to work with. Always looking at the clock, calculating and stingy. I will never work for a Sinkie SME boss. The only thing worse than working for a Sinkie boss is to work for a CECA boss.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical Sinkie SME boss. Lanjiao internship also want to meet in person. All the major companies are using virtual meetings to at least do a first round.

That's why Sinkie bosses are the worst to work with. Always looking at the clock, calculating and stingy. I will never work for a Sinkie SME boss. The only thing worse than working for a Sinkie boss is to work for a CECA boss.
Is it because they are mostly chinese? Must rubba rubba the boobs and bums before deciding?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it because they are mostly chinese? Must rubba rubba the boobs and bums before deciding?
hanor, most probably hamsup as a waste of fucking time and money for the intern's industrial attachment and not as if it's a managerial position :redface:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Sarah is the very reason why I absolutely welcome foreigners who are hungry and hardworking to work here. F*** all these rules and laws protecting entitled Singaporeans."
Requesting if it is possible for an online interview is not being entitled. It is being current.

Sarah is testing if this company had what it takes to be current and service humble. So that it will be suitable and not toxic for her to work in. I guess she knows the answer.

Usually such employer behaviour comes from the boomer flaccid era which has no place for the current. This type of employer truly needs 3rd World workers that is more in line with his flaccidness. Or in a sense of "willing to be tortured and manipulated in the name of having a job" culture that does not give a shit to employee rights. Very PAP-like. Then disguise it as "need hungry and hardworking workers."

Sarah is better off going for the Google type of working culture that go for creativity and innovation. This type of working culture and mindset are very foreign to the boomer flaccid. They cannot understand it at all.

Last edited:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho to know whether a person is suitable for a job need to do at least 2 thing.
1. To go onsite and do a iq test face 2 face q&a.
2. To see the real person onsite.

Online meeting is not suitable for hiring process. So even do a 1st round is quite useless will still need to go onsite to know 1 and 2.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Requesting if it is possible for an online interview is not being entitled. It is being current.

Sarah is testing if this company had what it takes to be current and service humble. So that it will be suitable and not toxic for her to work in. I guess she knows the answer.

Usually such employer behaviour comes from the boomer flaccid era which has no place for the current. This type of employer truly needs 3rd World workers that is more in line with his flaccidness. Or in a sense of "willing to be tortured and manipulated in the name of having a job" culture that does not give a shit to employee rights. Very PAP-like. Then disguise it as "need hungry and hardworking workers."

Sarah is better off going for the Google type of working culture that go for creativity and innovation. This type of working culture and mindset are very foreign to the boomer flaccid. They cannot understand it at all.
But Google don't lack talented people. Sarah don't look like a talent to me. Talent will just Walk off and look for another opportunity. They don't whine and complain online. This looks look a typical Singkie

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho to know whether a person is suitable for a job need to do at least 2 thing.

Online meeting is not suitable for hiring process. So even do a 1st round is quite useless will still need to go onsite to know 1 and 2.
Do you know that some people get assistance from online interviews?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Google don't lack talented people. Sarah don't look like a talent to me. Talent will just Walk off and look for another opportunity. They don't whine and complain online. This looks look a typical Singkie
I am not saying she has to work in Google. I mean she would prefer a company that has a culture similar to Google in line with creativity and innovation in getting things done. Such company will not shit on people who request for an online interview.

If u r able to read, pls read carefully. I type Google type of working culture.

Last edited:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal

In fact I know some companies already doing this.
The questions needs to be tailored for the different level of positions and some questions to test for common sense.
Last time I went for a mass recruitment exercise in a semiconductor firm for a position that was far below My intelligence and I scored 100/100 . The interviewer has 0% doubts about my capability but he still will need to ask me questions to find out if I'm suitable in character.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apple Singapore did the same I.e onsite intelligence and personality test.
Although it was not on written form but the 2 min criteria I mentioned was covered.
Needless to say I was hired :o-o::whistling: