• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“The reason I stay is cause of the money” — Employee working in company for 6 years is unhappy but has family to support

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
such a lifestyle is unnecessary if you make the right move in life.

https://theindependent.sg/the-reaso...6-years-is-unhappy-but-has-family-to-support/

SINGAPORE: In a forum on Wednesday (April 17), an online user went straight to the point, saying, “I need help. I feel unhappy with my new department. What should I do? I have a family to support.”

He also shared the reasons he feels hesitant to leave. “I’ve been working in this company for almost six years and I’ve recently moved to a new department to gain more knowledge,” the employee shared.

“But I find myself feeling unhappy as the work I do is in a high-stress environment and the boss I answer to micromanages your work and is someone that schedules meetings with you if you make an error.”

However, the man shared his motivation for staying at his job anyway. “The reason I stay is because of the money and if I apply outside, I’ll most probably get a pay cut. I feel stuck.”

He then gave the floor to other Singaporeans, asking, “What are your thoughts?”

A handful of online users shared their thoughts on the matter. Some suggested that the employee could be experiencing a learning curve, as is normal with such department transitions.

See also Indonesian hired for a banking job asks if 9.5-hour workday is ‘normal’ in Singapore
“You’re unhappy because you just came from spending six years in a role and environment which you had grown used to and comfortable in,” said one.

“It’s normal to feel some level of unease in the transition period – ultimately, the mature thing to do is try not to react emotionally but instead evaluate objectively if the reasons why you decided to make the move (to gain more knowledge) can be realised.”

Another wrote, “You may have been fairly comfortable in your old role before requesting for transfer.

You could give yourself more time to learn and adapt while concurrently looking out for new opportunities outside if this doesn’t work out as job hunting may take months or even years.

No harm stopping the job hunt if you feel like staying on after some time. Another option may be to request to transfer back to your previous role assuming the role is still open and your manager is willing to take you back.”

See also Majority of Singaporeans frown upon workplace slang, yet many indulge: Survey
Others blatantly suggested finding a new job. “Move,” one wrote. “Money can be earned back. But not health and mental well-being. Do not work for a toxic culture.”

“Yeah probably find a new job,” said another. “Then again it is hard to tell if the new job/environment/boss is similar to what you’ve been experiencing in this new department, at least not until you get the job and experience it yourself.

Moving back to the old department will be harder and raise even more questions than you finding a new job. That’s why it is important to know more about the new position/department/boss first before switching, that was the key mistake.”

Depositphotos_197618742_L-e1713379199880.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies should have more balls and venture out on their own rather than being contended with being just an employee and earning a fixed pathetic salary.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie wants to have his cake and eat it. If not happy and still capable, why not find a job elsewhere or start a business?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with this. Just as low ses coolie gene Sinkies vote PAP for cdc vouchers.

Last edited:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread just magnifies the common knowledge that the typical sinkie is a coward, has no idea of their value and ends up losing both money and happiness.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's why shouldn't get married and start family.
Singaporeans did just that and our baby populations have plunged. PAP should punish all the bosses in Singapore as their priority policy going forward. NTUC Labour union needs a major overhaul to bring in true voices for employees.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes in life , is really bobian. Need to make ends meet. Tough but life has to go on. Decisions made during young time really affects your entire life.