• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Has Only $650 Left in Savings Account & All Kena Skimmed by FTrash!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MY UOB CARD WAS SKIMMED AND UOB EXPECTS ME TO SURVIVE 2 WEEK WITH NO MONEY![/h]
<!-- /.block --><STYLE>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</STYLE>Post date:
16 Feb 2014 - 7:29pm

<INS style="HEIGHT: 250px; WIDTH: 300px; POSITION: relative; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: visible; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; border-image: none"><INS id=aswift_1_anchor style="HEIGHT: 250px; WIDTH: 300px; POSITION: relative; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; DISPLAY: block; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: visible; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; border-image: none"><IFRAME id=aswift_1 style="POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px" height=250 marginHeight=0 frameBorder=0 width=300 allowTransparency name=aswift_1 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME></INS></INS>

Dear TRS,
I'm one of the affected party of a debit card fraud but the merchant is from China and mine is UOB debit card.
On 09 Feb 2014, I was heading to ATM machine to withdraw some cash to buy food and groceries.
I was shocked when the ATM replied with "insufficient" funds.
I called up my bank immediately to check where are my savings.
After checking, the bank told me that "ZHI FU BAO ZHONGGUO" merchant from CHINA charged my debit card.
The first transaction was SGD $220.30 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1424 HRS ( amount posted on 11 FEB 2014 )
The second transaction was SGD $215.65 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1430 HRS
The third transaction was SGD $215.65 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1434 HRS
Total of SGD $651.60 was missing from my savings account which was link to my debit card account.
I told them I did not make any online purchase and there wasn't any pin code verification was sent to my mobile phone.
My bank advise me that they need to do necessary investigation before refunding me back the money and will take about 2 weeks - 45 days.
I explained to them that this is my hard earned savings which I need to depend on till my month end pay and I have a family to feed.
They told me that they will expedite my case and will update will update me the soonest within a week once the amount is posted.
I have been following up with my bank promptly since 9th FEB 2014 and a case manager was assigned by the bank.
I told the manager that I have no money for my daily expense and I am stuck with my transportation and meal expenses and to feed my family.
He said that he will try his level best but however the bank needs the amount to be posted for them to refund back to me immediately.
On Wednesday, ( 12.FEB.2014) I called the bank and the manager returned back my call and I ask him about the status, he told me that the bank is monitoring my account. I told him that I can't wait for the bank as I need my money immediately and it's not my fault at all. I told him that by Friday, (14.02.2014) I need my money to be refunded. The manager said he will try his level best.
On Friday, I called the bank on 14.02.2014 to check the status, the manager returned back my call and gave me a negative answer.
The manager told me that UOB unable to refund me the money because the amount is still "floating" and yet to be posted and they can't do "anything"
I told the manager that there is a lapse in UOB system and me as a customer is affected terribly and they never give me a solution to solve my issues !
I'm seriously stressed and depressed by this situation !
As you can see, all the calls was made by me to them. They NEVER call me to update the status until I have to call them and hasten each and everytime.
Where is their customer service gone to ? They failed to provide me regular follow ups.
The bank made their problem to be my problem ! There is a lapse in their system ! Can they bring back the customers confidence ? I'm trusting your bank and keeping my money there and as a bank you failed your mission statement ! X-Ref to UOB mission statement " Our mission to be a premier Bank in the Asia-Pacific region, committed to providing QUALITY PRODUCTS and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE".
Till today, I'm still waiting for my funds to be refunded. I hope this does not happen to anyone.
I really hope everyone stay safe with their accounts.

Temporarily Broke
TRS Contributor

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The crooks must be cursing at this chap....only $650 inside account...
Pap says sinkies are richest in the world? Haha do you feel rich as our millionaire minitoots?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone who doesn't have some cash saved up for a rainy day is an idiot. He only has himself to blame.

This is further proof that Singaporeans are idiots and that an influx of foreign talent is not only desirable it is absolutely essential.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
a certain fucking xia suay once said one can feel rich by rooking at their cpf acct :wink:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap says sinkies are richest in the world? Haha do you feel rich as our millionaire minitoots?

Obviously the bank following the example set by PAP.

Money all theirs.
Mistakes and suffering all your fucking fault.

VOTE OUT ALL THOSE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES
THOSE LEFT BE HUNG WITH PIANO WIRE FROM LAMP POSTS WITH THEIR FUCKING COLLABORATORS FROM WW2 AND PRESENT TIME AS WELL

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If this idiot has so little much, it is safer to just keep the amount in biscuit tin.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It does not make sense to link one's Debit Card to a saving accounts. Any deduction is immediate and the onus is on the consumer to prove any false deduction.
He is lucky that the amount is small, what happens if it had been S$5,000 or more.
A credit card would have given better protection as it is up to the merchant to prove to the bank the transaction is valid, else the bank can void the transaction and refusing to pay them. After all, when the bill comes in, the consumer can still dispute it and withhold payment till resolution.

My thoughts is that this man is really living paycheck to paycheck.
Let's hope he has some friends or relatives to tied him over this period.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who doesn't have some cash saved up for a rainy day is an idiot. He only has himself to blame.

This is further proof that Singaporeans are idiots and that an influx of foreign talent is not only desirable it is absolutely essential.

I can't imagine the intellect of the pro-PAP camp. If the chap had saved $65,000 he would had lost more from the fraud case that UOB is sitting on.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I can't imagine the intellect of the pro-PAP camp. If the chap had saved $65,000 he would had lost more from the fraud case that UOB is sitting on.

Your line of reasoning shows what simpletons the pro oppo camp are.

Anyone with the brains to save $65,000 would also know full well that when it comes to e commerce, a specific CC should be used and the Credit Limit controlled to prevent fraud.

The CC is use has a credit limit of USD2000 and is the only one I use to make on line purchases. If I need to make a large purchase, I'll increase the credit limit just for that purchase and then drop it back to USD2000.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not make sense to link one's Debit Card to a saving accounts. Any deduction is immediate and the onus is on the consumer to prove any false deduction.

If you don't link a debit card to a savings account, then link to what?
A debit card is not a credit card. A debit card HAS to be linked to a form of savings account, otherwise no point calling it a debit card.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A debit card should be in this instance, a stored value card, where there is option to top up the value at the respective bank's ATM.
While the convenience is there to link to one's saving acct, there is the problem of fraudulent use.
Best option is credit card, next would be using store value debit card, last would be linking debit card to one account with specific amount once utilized, an alert will be send to the owner. Or restrict the very minimum amount in the saving accts, just in case.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your line of reasoning shows what simpletons the pro oppo camp are.

Anyone with the brains to save $65,000 would also know full well that when it comes to e commerce, a specific CC should be used and the Credit Limit controlled to prevent fraud.

The CC is use has a credit limit of USD2000 and is the only one I use to make on line purchases. If I need to make a large purchase, I'll increase the credit limit just for that purchase and then drop it back to USD2000.

Weak argument. The person in mention lost $650 and you are talking about credit card limit of S$2,520. While a richer person won't end up in dire straits, only he will know if he feels the pinch.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Weak argument. The person in mention lost $650 and you are talking about credit card limit of S$2,520. While a richer person won't end up in dire straits, only he will know if he feels the pinch.

People who can't afford to lose $650 shouldn't link their debit cards to their bank account.

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A debit card should be in this instance, a stored value card, where there is option to top up the value at the respective bank's ATM.
While the convenience is there to link to one's saving acct, there is the problem of fraudulent use.
Best option is credit card, next would be using store value debit card, last would be linking debit card to one account with specific amount once utilized, an alert will be send to the owner. Or restrict the very minimum amount in the saving accts, just in case.

Stupid Sinkie do not know what is a debit card.

Gluttony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just as I thought, how come this fella only has $650 in his a/c, shouldn't he be having $650000 instead.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
good thing only steal from him virtually. if mat rapists in johore steal him in REAL life, they bloody curse him for having so littel money, then chop off his nolife babee face , pee on him and stab him until he bleed to death!!! this old fart shld count as lucky deh!