• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Seventh Generation Lexus ES 2019

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
at the porsche dealership i'm served with expresso and a donut or cake too, but there're no booby babes like those in thighland. they're a bunch of grannies with an attitude like in american and united airlines. but at honda or hyundai dealership i have to take a number and wait, and lines are long even though an appointment is made. coffee is from a self-serve drip pot. no expresso machine. just industrial grade coffee from aramark - yuck!

Here for breakfast choices of -

1. American
2. Pork boiled rice
3. Krapow, sunny side and rice

To relax there's a masseuse who could release any tension with her Thai massage skill (i'm not kidding)

Honda and Toyota and for that matter Mercedes and BMW is like wat you mentioned about your Honda.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here for breakfast choices of -

1. American
2. Pork boiled rice
3. Krapow, sunny side and rice

To relax there's a masseuse who could release any tension with her Thai massage skill (i'm not kidding)

Honda and Toyota and for that matter Mercedes and BMW is like wat you mentioned about your Honda.
shiok! if at fellali dealership must have bikini chicks, fellatio and a happy ending.
4587139077_827608f90b_b.jpg

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, the lexus dealership experience is good. Anything that is under warranty period, even if you do not know anything was wrong, they will still let u know. My cream-coloured leather seat slight discoloration even after one year, they change the whole leather part. My rear absorber leaking, i also don't know, they also change one set for me.

The usual breakfast orders, ben and jerry's ice cream, coffee and cakes are par the course. Can watch movie and enjoy massage chair as well, just too bad the Japanese chicks doing the greeting are not that Kawaii though.. but no complaints... good quality car with top notch dealership experience. If i can afford, will buy the LC, but that is more like a dream....

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u drive a Lexus, might as well get a BMW

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing the makes of their cars, for me reliability and easy of maintenance. BMWs are nice, but too flashy for my taste. Thought of getting the Audi as their virtual cockpit is nice, really nice but they are FWD and quattro makes no sense on SG roads. Just my 2c.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If u drive a Lexus, might as well get a BMW

Good point. Yes right cos many people here in Thailand told me so too. Moreover the same car level that is IS to 3 series and C class, GS to 5 series and E class or LS to 7 series and S class the Lexus always cost 20-30% more. Also they will say Lexus is just another Toyota while Merc and Beemer are towkay towkay. I believe people who choose Lexus is a different breed and looking for something most people don’t see.

Got a GS (my boss buy for me of course) and a 528 same month 4 years ago, still there but I’m sure I’ve driven the 528 less than 15 times. Just not my type of car.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The ES 2019 was launched in Thailand on 16th August at Central Embassy. I wasn't able to attend as I was in Bali at that time nevertheless was invited a few times for a test drive and finally went on Thursday afternoon

ES300h Premium model
1535702579488.jpg

Cannot fault the face of this handsome macine
1535702567591.jpg

Luxurious leather and trim
Photo 31-8-18, 3 03 27 PM.jpg

Simple and yet informative panel
Photo 31-8-18, 3 03 42 PM.jpg

Photo 31-8-18, 3 03 24 PM.jpg

So I drove this car from a busy road (Ramintra Road) into a highway. Up the ramp doing 2 corners at high speed the car simply stick to the road with little body roll, great handling I must say. With the electric motor you can expect a good acceleration and the car had proven itself effortlessly from 0-100 however but at 140 when the electric motor is long gone to sleep when I wanted to push further to 180 there is a slack. I guess if they had mounted a turbo on this one like the RX200T would have been great nevertheless I did reach 180 and yes it feels like the GS and again I am surprised. I have to say Lexus may have wanted this ES to match the GS as a sports sedan which if its true I have to say they have somewhat achieved it.

Comes in 3 levels here - ES300h Luxury (THB3.59mil or $150k), ES300h Grand Luxury (THB3.76mil or $157k) and ES300h Premium (THB4.19mil or $175k)

Photo 31-8-18, 9 32 11 PM.jpg

Full latest Lexus price list

Photo 31-8-18, 11 00 41 PM.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The Lexus ride and finese is legendary. But this latest incarnation of ES design looks to me a bit too radical. Something looks unsettling.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Lexus ride and finese is legendary. But this latest incarnation of ES design looks to me a bit too radical. Something looks unsettling.

The Ramintra dealership has a party today for the new ES will be showing many colours of the ES there, I will take more photos and show you and see if you will think otherwise.

The problem with Lexus ES in the past is that after their successful LS they needed a smaller salon and quickly came up with one using the Camry platform. This makes the ES very similar to the Camry and has the negative popular connotation as a glorified Camry but that's until the GS came about which offered a real sports salon to speak with. It was only until the last 6th generation of ES that makes it radically different from the Camry however the ride was still boring until this current 7th generation which I tested and found that it is pretty exciting a ride and very different from the last ES.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree with you. Heard that Lexus had gotten rid of GS in Europe replacing it with the new ES. Problem is FWD and RWD is completely different to animal. Hope they don't do like wise in Asia but looks like it from what I heard. GS is a legend which should remain as a real sports sedan.

The ES will be launch in The Embassy in Bangkok on 16th August, hope I am in Bangkok on that day.
Yeah lor. Real sports cars etc should be rwd.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to the dealership again today to join their ES party and to have a closer look at the car.

Green
zzoRoHI.jpg

Grille design is very subjective as not many will like it
kLZLVyO.jpg

Beautiful fierce looking lamps
Vct4FAs.jpg

Hugh 18" noise reduction wheels
FcjVG1b.jpg

Detailed
Dgj5p50.jpg

The front cabin
qH07EiZ.jpg

Driver's view
N4cZjsg.jpg

Very large 12" screen
WhEDeMN.jpg

Cockpit
GfyR78C.jpg

Back cabin very spacious lots of legroom, arm rest and control, seat is abler to recline 8 deg
b2drXBh.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tested the car 2 days ago was very satisfied with the car performance. Today tested another round to find out driver's feel of the car.

Give the driver confident driving it and a solid feeling like the GS model. Guess the 7G ES had came a long way finally grown. I'm completely sold out.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
More photos of the test car

L94lkyG.jpg

Very big trunk as battery is now located below the back seat

H5gbkPE.jpg

Lexus L-finesse

aAYVJJg.jpg

oTBfOyU.jpg

EB2A4w5.jpg

JOvaYqZ.jpg

bzSLQga.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For those wondering how big is the boot of the new ES especially those worried about hybrid version where battery takes up a big chink of useful space, its confirmed the battery is now out of the way and under the back seat

In a mall just now there’re a few Lexus on display so I went to take a video of the ES300h particularly the boot and uploaded so here’s the video hope you enjoy, watch till the end of the video it has the entire car which is nice.