• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I'm referring to the foreigner owner selling the bumi-unit after the purchase from developer.
I think it's not the same compared to a foreigner selling a non-bumi unit to foreigners.
But like what malpaso said, I guess it can be done but need more approvals and maybe more costs.

wait a minute.. slight confusion here. foreigner owner of bumi unit? i don't think there is such a thing? Even singaporean malay cannot buy bumi lot, right?
so once again, sigaporean buy bumi lot, means developer must clear and convert bumi lot to non bumi. this is no problem / much easier to do. developer just decalre they tried their best but no bumi buyer.
after that, the singaporean can resell to whomever he wishes as it is non bumi lot already.
we are talking about non bumi (foreighner or malaysian chinese/indian/ whomever) who wish to buy a BUMI lot from a local (bumiputra) owner.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, both reason but also due to late to get known the project where only left bumi lot units. However because of the procedures I didn't buy.

that one, you have to wait for developer to convert bumi to non bumi. this one they can do , no problem, don't involve you. as a buyer you just say you interested to buy those bumi lot after they convert to non bumi. leave your tel no with the developer. when they have more or less confirmed to convert to non bumi they will call you. sometimes this can really get you a cheap unit. my fren got his cluster really cheap as its converted from bumi to non bumi. so far so good for him

Last edited:

Apple13

Alfrescian
Loyal
that one, you have to wait for developer to convert bumi to non bumi. this one they can do , no problem, don't involve you. as a buyer you just say you interested to buy those bumi lot after they convert to non bumi. leave your tel no with the developer. when they have more or less confirmed to convert to non bumi they will call you. sometimes this can really get you a cheap unit. my fren got his cluster really cheap as its converted from bumi to non bumi. so far so good for him

Thanks for the information. I actually did put my name in waiting list but till now no news, I think is first come first serve basis.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the information. I actually did put my name in waiting list but till now no news, I think is first come first serve basis.

Hi Apple13, putting name in the waiting list is of no use at all. My friend and her sis-in-law each managed to buy a bumi convert to non-bumi unit at Setia in June because they so happen to be at the showflat the very same morning the setia staff were notified that the original bumi owners loan app not approved. So u see, they don't really check the list at all. In fact, it's the 'heng suai' thingy....timing :(

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, i heard the new launch at BDO all sold out leh! so super hot!

You mean this phase?

perjiranan 12 phase 2, total 277 unit. . .
Acerola 1 DST 528,800 22x70 91 Units Build up: 2098
Acerola 2 DST 527,800 22x70 105 Units Build up: 2095
Cassana DST 594,800 24x70 59 Units Build up: 2198
Samara DS 40x80 semi-d 1,051,800 22 Units Build up: 3228

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, i heard the new launch at BDO all sold out leh! so super hot!

you know how many people queue for days or not? i heard is like pasar malam lelong. see pics from chinese forum

220616mig1zm7uliiicmpi.jpg221148ou9wmqsfas99mf1r.jpg

Last edited:

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, this new phase.

Thinking of looking at this area myself but look like too sizzling hot! There's this saying that I see often is 'be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy' not sure whether the same would apply to the current market

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, this new phase.

Thinking of looking at this area myself but look like too sizzling hot! There's this saying that I see often is 'be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy' not sure whether the same would apply to the current market

Thanks. From my calculation, there is a serious low supply of landed this year. I still rem there were quite a lot of launches early last year and they were at lelong prices. The local demand (not speculative like Nusajaya) is real. Next year should be worse because there are even few news of terrace launching.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. From my calculation, there is a serious low supply of landed this year. I still rem there were quite a lot of launches early last year and they were at lelong prices. The local demand (not speculative like Nusajaya) is real. Next year should be worse because there are even few news of terrace launching.

Yes, I have been flipping the local Chinese papers but seen no new landed launches recently. Then again, the local Chinese probably dont buy houses in 7th month. We will know how hot the market can be, once the 7th month passes by.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I have been flipping the local Chinese papers but seen no new landed launches recently. Then again, the local Chinese probably dont buy houses in 7th month. We will know how hot the market can be, once the 7th month passes by.

looking forward to more launches in the tebrau area so that i can go kaypoh kaypoh on weekends.. haha

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait a minute.. slight confusion here. foreigner owner of bumi unit? i don't think there is such a thing? Even singaporean malay cannot buy bumi lot, right?
so once again, sigaporean buy bumi lot, means developer must clear and convert bumi lot to non bumi. this is no problem / much easier to do. developer just decalre they tried their best but no bumi buyer.
after that, the singaporean can resell to whomever he wishes as it is non bumi lot already.
we are talking about non bumi (foreighner or malaysian chinese/indian/ whomever) who wish to buy a BUMI lot from a local (bumiputra) owner.

The impression I get is that a so-called 'converted' Bumi-lot is not exactly the same as an original non-bumi lot.
But since it's mentioned somewhere that someone had confirmed with the lawyers that such converted lot can be re-sold to foreigners, then I think should be ok lah.
Just that for me, I rather go for original non-bumi lot to play safe.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The impression I get is that a so-called 'converted' Bumi-lot is not exactly the same as an original non-bumi lot.
But since it's mentioned somewhere that someone had confirmed with the lawyers that such converted lot can be re-sold to foreigners, then I think should be ok lah.
Just that for me, I rather go for original non-bumi lot to play safe.

yes avoid bumi lot. even smart bumi buyers also not buying the bumi lots. for eg, the SEC house, I already got the 15% discount similar to bumi lot buyers anyway. So the moral of the story is: avoid bumi lot, go for pre launch / early bird booking

btw: update on the website for aurora phase buyers. you can now periodically check the site update pics.

http://www.cascadia.com.my/the-product-mercury-site.php

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
brand new home no problem with state levy, will not reject.

Hi, just informed by the lawyer that the state consent has been approved. Based on my date of submission on the 15/7/2013, it actually took 1.5 mths to process. Now need to pay them the balance of RM10,584-00 being balance of the legal fee and disbursement for the state consent.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking forward to more launches in the tebrau area so that i can go kaypoh kaypoh on weekends.. haha

The BDO launch with e queue is v significant in Tebrau area. It might cause a series of rush for landed properties because locals have sensed tt prices r moving up fast in their area n future launches may not be as cheap.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just informed by the lawyer that the state consent has been approved. Based on my date of submission on the 15/7/2013, it actually took 1.5 mths to process. Now need to pay them the balance of RM10,584-00 being balance of the legal fee and disbursement for the state consent.

as it's a developer sale and moreover setia project, never had a doubt for you. congrats anyway. :smile:

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owners of Cascadia, you may want to check with Setia regarding double security once Setia handover the management to the committee. Heard there were discussion in Setia Eco Garden owners (by Setia obviously) that as soon as the management is handed over to committee, the 1st guardhouse will cease operation and it's up to the respective committees to decide whether to continue funding it. Well, it make sense as Setia has no obligation to fund it.
Just look at the so call guardhouse when entering Setia Indah...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owners of Cascadia, you may want to check with Setia regarding double security once Setia handover the management to the committee. Heard there were discussion in Setia Eco Garden owners (by Setia obviously) that as soon as the management is handed over to committee, the 1st guardhouse will cease operation and it's up to the respective committees to decide whether to continue funding it. Well, it make sense as Setia has no obligation to fund it.
Just look at the so call guardhouse when entering Setia Indah...

SEC whole 200+ acres is strata titled, unlike SEG and Tropika. So the $$ paid as part of our DMC signed will be managed by our future JMB is supposed to entail taking care of the guardhouse (both outer and inner ones), ponds , water features, town park and so on. For Setia Indah all the common roads and town park is handed over to MPJB and designated public places; this should not be the case for ours. And furthermore, unlike setia indah, both our gates should disallow any outsider from coming in, ie. public not allowed in the common areas like pond, SEC town park etc. In fact , I gone to SEG before, their security is quite tight even the first gate. Totally not allowed to enter unless having Access card or visiting a resident. hopefully after setia handover to JMB for SEG, this can be continued. I have a classmate who bought SEG, therefore will ask him how is the situation moving forward.

Last edited: