• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally most of the time i goto Setia indah / SEC nowsaday, i will not take the BDO EDL exit. i will exit pasar borong pandan onto tebrau and exit mount austin side. this way is much faster when not peak

if u like to go this way..
once u crossover the river, abt 200m, turn left, then go straight until come to T junction, turn right(u'll reach taman jaya), straight all e way to SEC.

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need, friend. that is a long way and heavy traffic. try EDL, exit 255C, KFCH turn right, immediately next junction turn left, the polis station on your left, now go straight for 3-4 km, you will see seri austin roundabout, go straight (ie 12 o clock at the roundabout), go straight another 300-400m, t junction turn right. SEC is on your left. you can actually turn in and park in front of the main guardhouse now and take picture. try it again soon !

Tks friend, will will use new route next trip. :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u like to go this way..
once u crossover the river, abt 200m, turn left, then go straight until come to T junction, turn right(u'll reach taman jaya), straight all e way to SEC.

you mean taman daya or taman jaya? taman daya la isit? ya i saw that road before, should be shorter, next time my house ready i maybe use this road. thank you for the tips.is it less jam than jln mutiara emas utama? current route i use becos most of the time i pit stop either in molek, or mount austin go la expensive teh or kopi. since i will in future spend more time the area , must support support a bit :smile: :smile:

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean taman daya or taman jaya? taman daya la isit? ya i saw that road before, should be shorter, next time my house ready i maybe use this road. thank you for the tips.is it less jam than jln mutiara emas utama? current route i use becos most of the time i pit stop either in molek, or mount austin go la expensive teh or kopi. since i will in future spend more time the area , must support support a bit :smile: :smile:

ya, is taman daya. think is ~100m instead of 200m from e river. just an alternative path.

wan to check yr driving path, so i know where to open kopitam. LOL.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, is taman daya. think is ~100m instead of 200m from e river. just an alternative path.

tat i wan to check yr driving path, so i know where to open kopitam. LOL.

yeah i roughly know the road, the signboard say taman daya stadium hoki etc or something. is a small road, like kampong road, right? that road i drive in, will spoil my illusion la. later when i get key i drive there.

if u don mind, can you can open near mango pub or library or near mcD there i sure support you one. don't forget the free wifi to go with the expensive teh. :smile: :smile:

Last edited:

bsasna

Hi all,

I just booked my unit last week and signing my SPA next week. Saw some said to apply loan 1st before signing. Is it possible as they told me to apply for loan after signing. Another thing, is it easy to get the 80% loan. Can we use only 1 name instead of 2 names to apply the loan. Sorry for the lots of questions as this is my 1st time buying property in JB.

bsasna

Hi,

I just booked my unit last week and will be signing SPA next week. Saw some said to apply loan 1st before signing. Is it possible as they said to sign 1st before applying. Another thing, is it that easy to get the 80% loan ? Can I apply the loan under 1 name or have to be 2 names. Sorry for the lots of questions as this is my 1st time buying property in JB.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I just booked my unit last week and will be signing SPA next week. Saw some said to apply loan 1st before signing. Is it possible as they said to sign 1st before applying. Another thing, is it that easy to get the 80% loan ? Can I apply the loan under 1 name or have to be 2 names. Sorry for the lots of questions as this is my 1st time buying property in JB.

I share my experience. I am not sure if mine is the same as others.

Firstly, I was told that SP Setia does the procedure differently from many other developers. I signed the SPA (not the provisional one, but the actual one) with SP Setia staff and the lawyer 2 weeks after I booked the unit. Only after then, I applied for my loan. CIMB took some 6 weeks to process my loan, partly due to the HRP season. Thenafter, I signed the LO and the rest of the legal docs. Finally, I applied for state consent.

For the loan, I applied under my name only. I think whether you can or not really depends on your income, and perhaps the bank you apply with. In general, the few banks i dealt with (CIMB, RHB and HSBC) nowadays apply 60% debt servicing ratio to dish out the LTV and tenure. HSBC even asked for my Sg property and car loans.

Hope this helps.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Hi, congrats on your buy. May I know if you are buying for own stay or rent? Are you a Singaporean? May want to take note that there is a rumour that property may not be resold to foreigners in future, don't know how true it is but do consider that if not buying for own stay...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

i signed SPA one week after booking deposit , together with LOO from setia. this will lock in the price. after that i applied for loan. then i signed OL from bank, then sign loan agreement with bank lawyers (which is the same as setia lawyers).

i didn't encounter any problems.

however, to be safe, if you're unsure about loan application being approved , many bros here advocate you sign SPA After_ you secure the loan from bank.

which unit you bot? neptune? how much arrh?

Last edited:

bsasna

Hi, congrats on your buy. May I know if you are buying for own stay or rent? Are you a Singaporean? May want to take note that there is a rumour that property may not be resold to foreigners in future, don't know how true it is but do consider that if not buying for own stay...

I'm buying for my own stay but weekends only due to children still schooling and i'm a Sporean

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously, where did you get this piece of news ? This would be HUGE impact to resale value of properties in Iskandar.
I only know Bumi Lot (even reopened Bumi lot) cannot be resold to foreigners.... But if you buy International Lot, then it should be ok mah ?
You mean they change rule already ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, where did you get this piece of news ? This would be HUGE impact to resale value of properties in Iskandar.
I only know Bumi Lot (even reopened Bumi lot) cannot be resold to foreigners.... But if you buy International Lot, then it should be ok mah ?

there is no such thing as international lot, i haven't actually seen this 'international' lot. i think it just means that foreigner can buy , ie havne't exceed quota for foreigner. there is only Bumi lot, which must be sold to bumi only (ie locals). then there is the foreigner quota imposed on developer - means for eg housing project (SEC) 20% foreigner quota. And even those bumi lot, if unsold, can be converted to normal lot. my singaporean friend bought a bumi converted lot. there is no restriction on who you can sell it to in future, this already checked with setia lawyer. this mean that after the first developer bought transaction, the subsequent sub sale unit are only two categories ; either BUMI (which cannot be sold to foreighner) or non BUMI. There is another which is "MALAY reserved land", this one the whole development can only be sold to bumi, non bumi not allowed.

SO unless state gov't want to seriously screw up the local property market, i don't expect any such major drastic change in policy. they may increase taxes for foreighners or the state consent levy may go up, that's about it.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no such thing as international lot, i haven't actually seen this 'international' lot. i think it just means that foreigner can buy , ie havne't exceed quota for foreigner. there is only Bumi lot, which must be sold to bumi only (ie locals). then there is the foreigner quota imposed on developer - means for eg housing project (SEC) 20% foreigner quota. And even those bumi lot, if unsold, can be converted to normal lot. my singaporean friend bought a bumi converted lot. there is no restriction on who you can sell it to in future, this already checked with setia lawyer. this mean that after the first developer bought transaction, the subsequent sub sale unit are only two categories ; either BUMI (which cannot be sold to foreighner) or non BUMI. There is another which is "MALAY reserved land", this one the whole development can only be sold to bumi, non bumi not allowed.

SO unless state gov't want to seriously screw up the local property market, i don't expect any such major drastic change in policy. they may increase taxes for foreighners or the state consent levy may go up, that's about it.

Restricting selling to foreigners does not benefit the government. The whole game is to profit from the property market. Increasing levies and taxes are the way forward. If construction projects slow down, there is less chance to profit.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

I say it today on a new thread in this forum. Also seriously hope it is not true...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is all kinds of talk but a lot of it is pure speculation. I doubt they will do something so drastic. GST is more likely and possibly they may raise minimum purchase price for foreigners. The MY gahment is not stupid, they wouldnt want to shoot themselves in the foot when they need foreign investment.So wait till the MY budget next month, that should give us some direction.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Restricting selling to foreigners does not benefit the government. The whole game is to profit from the property market. Increasing levies and taxes are the way forward. If construction projects slow down, there is less chance to profit.

exactly. especially since those in power are so 'buddy' with big developers, know what i mean.