• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellow neighbours! need to check with all of you. I've already paid for the state consent on 27 July through transfer via money changer and emailed the law firm immediately. She replied that it would take 10 working days to be reflected. I emailed her on Aug 12 to check but no reply till now leh (definitely more than 10 days already right). Did any of you experience the same thing?

I also went to Public Bank Tower to pay in person. That was on 29 Jul. That lawyer told me this will take a minimum of 1 to 1.5 months to get approval.

They don't reply to emails. Best to call the lawyer you dealt with to confirm.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also went to Public Bank Tower to pay in person. That was on 29 Jul. That lawyer told me this will take a minimum of 1 to 1.5 months to get approval.

They don't reply to emails. Best to call the lawyer you dealt with to confirm.

Hi, are you all aware that we only need to pay an initial amount of M$500 instead of the full sum for application of State Levy Consent, and only the full amount upon approval. I went to Setia office on a Sunday somewhere in July and the lawyer actually issue me a receipt on the spot. Subsequently, she also emailed me the actual receipt for proof of payment to the lawyer's office. Today I was at setia office again to sign the final document and was informed by the same lawyer that my State Levy Consent app has already been submitted after i have made the M$500 last month and will take approximately another 2-3mths to approve.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, are you all aware that we only need to pay an initial amount of M$500 instead of the full sum for application of State Levy Consent, and only the full amount upon approval. I went to Setia office on a Sunday somewhere in July and the lawyer actually issue me a receipt on the spot. Subsequently, she also emailed me the actual receipt for proof of payment to the lawyer's office. Today I was at setia office again to sign the final document and was informed by the same lawyer that my State Levy Consent app has already been submitted after i have made the M$500 last month and will take approximately another 2-3mths to approve.

wah, immanuel, you sound like a 'lobang' king! :smile:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
the mahagony at the other northern perimeter fence is ok. the one at the south side not sure whether good or not.. depends what will be built in front, at the current empty land across the road. why, you bought mahagony? but i still like the bamboo best..

Hee..hee...you are right. Mine is at the south side facing the plot of land. Don t know what they are going to build. .. :confused:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hee..hee...you are right. Mine is at the south side facing the plot of land. Don t know what they are going to build. .. :confused:

heard it's commercial development. if so , and if it attract good tenant (bank, mcD, etc) then your unit huat liao!

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah, immanuel, you sound like a 'lobang' king! :smile:

No lar..but hope can help those who hasn't apply so dont need to lock so much money with them. In case jb govt dont like me, I only need to wait for M$500 refund instead of M$11000 (not sure how long it will take)..:smile:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, I didn't know that. In fact, I asked about this exactly because another developer had informed me about this before, but my N&T solicitor insisted to collect the lump sum of RM10958 from me at once.

Thanks for informing. Good info.

IsSuperTenere

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some goes for me. Now waiting for approval n pay.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks! Didn't aware that. I was told to prepare 11K for state levy. I think that the round off figure.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lar..but hope can help those who hasn't apply so dont need to lock so much money with them. In case jb govt dont like me, I only need to wait for M$500 refund instead of M$11000 (not sure how long it will take)..:smile:

brand new home no problem with state levy, will not reject.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I didn't know that. In fact, I asked about this exactly because another developer had informed me about this before, but my N&T solicitor insisted to collect the lump sum of RM10958 from me at once.

Thanks for informing. Good info.

solicitor "best" practice (for their own benefit). collect As much money as possible as early as possible. Release monies as late as possible or as close to the date of legal release of monies (normally, on the date itself). law firm like to keep as much money as possible for as long as possible. A lot of law firm like this.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi SEC buyers.. latest minor and pleasant news, the road to SEC from seri austin is now open..
from seri austin roundabout go straight and at the end turn right. on the new road, get to pass by the main guardhouse on the left.. can see the whole development seems up on a slight slope of about 2 meter . they have some of the undulating pathway all paved, with tiny terraces cut into the slope and retaining stone walls at the terrace steps., also the guarhoue is lit up at night. fencing also start to be put up, it's 3 m high fencing. the new road has nicely manicured bushes along it's 1 km length. towards the end of the road, just before the junction to setia indah, will see first row of foresta all up. if you happen to be in or near the area, take a drive through. it looks nice! i shot some pics but it was getting dark and pics are unclear, so not posting them.

:smile: :smile:

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi SEC buyers.. latest minor and pleasant news, the road to SEC from seri austin is now open..
from seri austin roundabout go straight and at the end turn right. on the new road, get to pass by the main guardhouse on the left.. can see the whole development seems up on a slight slope of about 2 meter . they have some of the undulating pathway all paved, with tiny terraces cut into the slope and retaining stone walls at the terrace steps., also the guarhoue is lit up at night. fencing also start to be put up, it's 3 m high fencing. the new road has nicely manicured bushes along it's 1 km length. towards the end of the road, just before the junction to setia indah, will see first row of foresta all up. if you happen to be in or near the area, take a drive through. it looks nice! i shot some pics but it was getting dark and pics are unclear, so not posting them.

:smile: :smile:

from which direction to seri austin?:biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
from which direction to seri austin?:biggrin:

from EDL, pass dato onn, pass kfch, pass polis station.. striaght, hit seri austin roandabout, go straight (instead of turn right previously), then you will hit a "T" junction. (at the left before this is a mamak shop). previously this junction can only turn left to go into seri austin hills. now, at the junction, you can make a turn right, into the new road just opened. it actually stretch the whole 1 km along the southern perimeter of SEC land. After going to the end of the new road is the junction where turn right you go down back to setia indah (where the petronas is on your right), go straight on is the Jp perdana houses on the left.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
from EDL, pass dato onn, pass kfch, pass polis station.. striaght, hit seri austin roandabout, go straight (instead of turn right previously), then you will hit a "T" junction. (at the left before this is a mamak shop). previously this junction can only turn left to go into seri austin hills. now, at the junction, you can make a turn right, into the new road just opened. it actually stretch the whole 1 km along the southern perimeter of SEC land. After going to the end of the new road is the junction where turn right you go down back to setia indah (where the petronas is on your right), go straight on is the Jp perdana houses on the left.

Not bad huh? Using this way, you can bypass Tebrau Highway, and the whole stretch of traffic lights at Mt Austin area ah? I like the Mt Austin shops (comparable to Sutera Utama's shops imho), but there's just too many traffic lights along that stretch. Reminds me a bit of the Nusa Bestari stretch of traffic lights....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad huh? Using this way, you can bypass Tebrau Highway, and the whole stretch of traffic lights at Mt Austin area ah? I like the Mt Austin shops (comparable to Sutera Utama's shops imho), but there's just too many traffic lights along that stretch. Reminds me a bit of the Nusa Bestari stretch of traffic lights....

normally most of the time i goto Setia indah / SEC nowsaday, i will not take the BDO EDL exit. i will exit pasar borong pandan onto tebrau and exit mount austin side. this way is much faster when not peak

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally most of the time i goto Setia indah / SEC nowsaday, i will not take the BDO EDL exit. i will exit pasar borong pandan onto tebrau and exit mount austin side. this way is much faster when not peak

I see I see.... In the short term, I think the Mt Austin exit is still ok. In the longer term, when all the developments at Mt Austin TOP (including residential and commercial), I feel it may be faster to take the BDO EDL exit.

I also agree that jams are a sign of development. Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Danga Bay will eventually face similar issues, as more and more housing are built in Nusajaya. In fact, its getting quite congested in Bukit Indah and Sutera Utama on weekends now, esp Sutera Utama....

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forgive me, I am still blurr in Mount Austin/Trebau area :biggrin:, However, I always use the EDL - North-South Highway, exit at exit 255C, Jalan Adda Utama, Jalan Daya 2. End of Daya 2 is T junction, left to SEC, right to Tmn Daya. Very little traffic and traffic lights. :cool:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive me, I am still blurr in Mount Austin/Trebau area :biggrin:, However, I always use the EDL - North-South Highway, exit at exit 255C, Jalan Adda Utama, Jalan Daya 2. End of Daya 2 is T junction, left to SEC, right to Tmn Daya. Very little traffic and traffic lights. :cool:

no need, friend. that is a long way and heavy traffic. try EDL, exit 255C, KFCH turn right, immediately next junction turn left, the polis station on your left, now go straight for 3-4 km, you will see seri austin roundabout, go straight (ie 12 o clock at the roundabout), go straight another 300-400m, t junction turn right. SEC is on your left. you can actually turn in and park in front of the main guardhouse now and take picture. try it again soon !

Last edited: